Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Requires 130 GB of Disk Space

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
Areloch said:
While the amount of space involved is very easy to explain, given the sheer breadth of content the CoD games provide, one also cannot deny that that is an absolutely incredible amount of space for a game, pre-any DLC that'll come out.

Storage may be cheap, but many ISPs like to throw around caps or bandwidth limitations making downloading the game a challenge - heck, in the US, Comcast is actually trying to introduce datacaps in a bunch of cities right now.

So the amount isn't all that unreasonable, but holy crap that's still quite a lot of data
I'm not denying any of that. One hundred thirty gigs (if the full download is that amount at launch) is a lot of data, but it's not really all that surprising or unheard of in this day and age.

So sure, it could be a turnoff for those who may have otherwise considered buying the game. A turnoff I can appreciate. But to be as flabbergasted and appalled as so many seem to be just seems like an overreaction.

Areloch

It's that one guy
Dec 10, 2012
Vigormortis said:
Areloch said:
While the amount of space involved is very easy to explain, given the sheer breadth of content the CoD games provide, one also cannot deny that that is an absolutely incredible amount of space for a game, pre-any DLC that'll come out.

Storage may be cheap, but many ISPs like to throw around caps or bandwidth limitations making downloading the game a challenge - heck, in the US, Comcast is actually trying to introduce datacaps in a bunch of cities right now.

So the amount isn't all that unreasonable, but holy crap that's still quite a lot of data
I'm not denying any of that. One hundred thirty gigs (if the full download is that amount at launch) is a lot of data, but it's not really all that surprising or unheard of in this day and age.

So sure, it could be a turnoff for those who may have otherwise considered buying the game. A turnoff I can appreciate. But to be as flabbergasted and appalled as so many seem to be just seems like an overreaction.
Yeah, I can agree with that.