Call of Duty to get WoW-Like Subscriptions?

Kyprioth

Aug 4, 2009
Guys, don't you realize that by charging a small fee of 15 to 20 dollars a month, they can make improvements that have not been seen in recent call of duty games. You could get whole new weapon skins, and maybe even a new map every few months! If you feel it's not worth the price, you could always NOT BUY THE GAME.

To the people saying not to buy the service, it's not going to be that easy. What they'll end up doing is saying that unless you pay our subscription, on top of your internet, and Xbox live fees, you can't play online anymore. For an FPS, this is a deal-breaker. The only way to convince them this is a stupid program would be ALOT fewer customers, to counteract their new monthly revenue stream. But that won't happen, because they'll be enough gamers with the disposable income and the sheer thickness of skull to pay for this.

I always skipped Modern Warfare 2, because I thought no dedicated servers was a bad idea. Bought Bad Company 2 instead, and I love it.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Logan Westbrook said:
"Our gamers are telling us there's lots of services and innovation they would like to see that they're not getting yet. From what we see so far, additional content, as well as all the services Blizzard is offering, is that there is demand from the core gamers to pay up for that..."

*Uproarious Laughter*

I'm not kidding. When I read that, I laughed for a solid minute.

This is too much...
Now Activision is flat out lying about why they're trying to rape their own market.

This goes beyond Capitalism. This goes beyond greed. No...I need a stronger word.

Purified Avarice.

"We know you want to give us more money, so we're here to make our your dreams come true!"

They're actually going with that logic? Some random dolt actually thinks that the majority of players want to pay an online subscription for a game that DOES NOT NEED ONE AT ALL?

Have I gone insane? Did anyone else read the same thing? Or is my post being consumed by random gibberish symbols like the Matrix is about to crash?

Seriously. That is, without a hint of sarcasm or exaggeration, the most stupid thing I've read all year, and that includes the Cyber 9/11 comment made by Joe Lieberman.

Ok, I direct this next bit to Activision (should any of you responsible be watching):
What bloody services are these gamers clamouring for?
A fucking chat program? VOIP services? Leaderboards, clans, or standings? New maps?
THOSE ALREADY EXIST YOU GREEDY FUCKS.
I'm now making it a point to not buy dick from you, and to make sure people I know, know what sort of business you operate, and why.

Though I'm sure once that monthly fee gets instated, you can kiss half your market goodbye.
But thanks for the laugh. No, I'm not paying for that either.