Calling all single people, what are you doing to survive the 14th?

Esotera

May 5, 2011
Going out with all my housemates for a meal (at which point I will hint at some of them wanting to get married or generally be more serious, which will scare all the guys witless). It wasn't that big a thing last year I think...don't even remember what happened.

saintchristopher

Goes "Ding" When There's Stuff.
Aug 14, 2009
believe it or not, I've got a date! I just have to help her move first. it shouldn't be that hard, either; Her new place is My Liver, and right now she lives at The Bottom of a Bottle of Scotch. Should probably only take a couple hours!

winginson

Mar 27, 2011
My plans are to get up, go to work, go home, play games, eat, play games, sleep. Like any other weekday.

I've kinda grown out of the do an anti-valentines thing stage. A bit. Although...
Doclector said:
Yes, the yearly tradition in which I spend practically the entire hellish day indoors playing violent games of all kinds, going to the extent of tracking my virtual bodycount. Last year's high score was approx 9000 dead! Big thank you to the former citizens of megaton for helping so greatly in this objective! Let's hope for 10000 this year!
Bah! Amatuer!
Total War can mean a million dead.
DEFCON can see you kill billions.
My best however was 1.7 trillion.

Also try jedi academy with dismemberment on, not many kills but....

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
winginson said:
My plans are to get up, go to work, go home, play games, eat, play games, sleep. Like any other weekday.

I've kinda grown out of the do an anti-valentines thing stage. A bit. Although...
Doclector said:
Yes, the yearly tradition in which I spend practically the entire hellish day indoors playing violent games of all kinds, going to the extent of tracking my virtual bodycount. Last year's high score was approx 9000 dead! Big thank you to the former citizens of megaton for helping so greatly in this objective! Let's hope for 10000 this year!
Bah! Amatuer!
But it's so impersonal! It's only satisfying if you shower in their blood! Or at least, if you can visit the smouldering radioactive crater...

winginson

Mar 27, 2011
Doclector said:
winginson said:

Doclector said:
Bah! Amatuer!
But it's so impersonal! It's only satisfying if you shower in their blood! Or at least, if you can visit the smouldering radioactive crater...
Play Shogun 2 with the blood pack. Its not called the blood pack for nothing!

Phasmal

Sailor Jupiter Woman
Jun 10, 2011
Doclector said:
Mortai Gravesend said:
I honestly never even remember which day is supposed to be Valentine's day most of the time. I see some stuff for it for a while, then one day it's gone. I don't really care at all, and never understood why someone would.
Oh, you always know in the UK, due to A fine tradition of shoving it down your throat.
Really?
I live in the UK and just filtered it out when I was single.

Valentine's day is just a day for chocolate really. Buy yourself a heart-shaped box of chocolate, thats pretty much all that happens on valentine's day anyway.

Or, go out and meet someone. No, seriously, a load of people meet on Valentines day, cause everyone thinks `fuck it, I'm single, I'll go to the pub`.

Hero in a half shell

It's not easy being green
Dec 30, 2009
I will listen to my specially created playlist of music I have suitably titled:

Singles for singles

Love Stinks J. Geils band

One more Minute Weird Al Yankovic

The Cactus Where your heart should be The Magnetic Fields

The Greatest Man that Ever Lived Weezer

Rain on your parade Duffy

Until the End of The World U2

Killer Queen Queen

Owner of a Lonley Heart Yes

Your Last Song Scorpions

You Never can be too sure about the girl Meatloaf

Poison Alice Cooper

Bringing on the Heartache LA guns

Nobodies fool Cinderella

Love rears it's ugly head Living Color

Ever Fallen in Love Buzzcocks

Youre the Best Joe Esposito

Go your own way Fleetwood Mac

I will survive Cake

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
Phasmal said:
Doclector said:
Mortai Gravesend said:
I honestly never even remember which day is supposed to be Valentine's day most of the time. I see some stuff for it for a while, then one day it's gone. I don't really care at all, and never understood why someone would.
Oh, you always know in the UK, due to A fine tradition of shoving it down your throat.
Really?
I live in the UK and just filtered it out when I was single.

Valentine's day is just a day for chocolate really. Buy yourself a heart-shaped box of chocolate, thats pretty much all that happens on valentine's day anyway.

Or, go out and meet someone. No, seriously, a load of people meet on Valentines day, cause everyone thinks `fuck it, I'm single, I'll go to the pub`.
In my experience, all the couples go to the pub, and you end up looking and feeling like the only sad f*** who never found anyone, then you end up desperately going around hitting on people, which for me could only lead to pain, humuliation, and if I do succeed, pretty much being ruled over by some b**** who knows damn well I really can't do any better than her.

Chocolate? I'd prefer popcorn, but good point.

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
I'm going to do nothing out of the ordinary.
My school is arranging this post box thing though. People have had the option to write letters anonymously to whomever they like and throw them in a big cardboard box.

I remember I got a letter in the first year. It was a joke, of that I'm pretty sure, but it was still fun.

Oh, and I'll be busy practicing for my test in christianity.

Aidinthel

Occasional Gentleman
Apr 3, 2010
I deal with it by not caring at all. The only reason I even know Valentine's Day is coming up is the holiday themed episode of FiM today.

bojackx

Nov 14, 2010
Even though I'd very much like a partner, I've never been depressed for that reason on Valentine's Day.

So what am I going to to get by?
Just go about it like a normal day.

Nickolai77

Apr 3, 2009
Get work done in the morning, either course-reading or hopefully make a start on an essay. Got one lecture at 2 o'clock, go home, do more work and then i've got a meeting in the evening with a bunch of people involved in a "language exchange program". I might be teaching English at my university to foreign students. Should be a pretty decent and interesting day hopefully.

ShadowsofHope

Outsider
Nov 1, 2009
The day will carry on like most normal evenings, I get comfortable in my chair and get friendly with my hand.

..And then bring out two tissues. One of them is to catch the tears of being lonely on Valentines Day, though I will forget the day even occurred by around 1 a.m., no doubt..