Calling all single people, what are you doing to survive the 14th?

Substitute Troll

Aug 29, 2010
Well, being the cynical, cold and economical person that I am, I see being single on the 14th as positive thing. It means I won't have to go out of my way to buy some overpriced gift to "show my affection". I'll just save that money for a time when I can enjoy it myself.

Arfonious

Nov 9, 2009
Me and some friends are having a "forever alone night"

Basicly 4-6 single guys playing boardgames and making sushi

is nice...

Joccaren

Elite Member
Mar 29, 2011
1. Game
2. Sleep
3. Game some more
4. Eat some food
5. Keep Gaming
6. ???
7. Profit

Just for the lolz I'd almost do ME+ME2+DA:O and do a 'Romance Marathon' in those games, romancing as many characters as I can from new saves on the day. Would be appropriate for the theme, but just playing the games would be more entertaining.

D0WNT0WN

Sep 28, 2008
I have a bottle of tequilla and an internet connection.

You do the math.

westcoast1313 said:
Mass Effect 2 marathon to get all my characters ready :)
Wont playing Mass Effect 2 remind you of all the couples on Valentines Day.

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
I didn't even realize it was coming up.

Now that I've remembered, I find I don't especially care, so I'll "survive" by treating it like a normal day.

chadachada123

Jan 17, 2011
I'll be busy as all hell with school and homework, so, eh, I'll probably be too occupied to notice. Luckily. Meh.

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
rhizhim said:
SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
Where does the valentines day tradition come from?

If its somewhere in Europe, download Medieval II and spend your day crushing that country.
from ancient rome. It was first established by Pope Gelasius I in 496 AD, and was later deleted from the General Roman Calendar of saints in 1969 by Pope Paul VI.
medieval 2 is too 'advanced'

Doclector said:
why not go out and meet the other singles to hook up on that day?
Pretty much because, aside from being funny and intelligent, I have nothing going for me. And no one gives a crap about funny or intelligent. Well, except me, and we can be pretty sure I'm a fair distance from normal, conventional humanity.

Conza

Nov 7, 2010
Doclector said:
Ah yes, that whole valentines thing. The day of the year on which all single people are supposed to feel bad.

Worse yet, it probably works on some level.

So, what are you doing to keep some semblance of sanity on this most cr*ppy of holidays? Are you barricading yourself away? Going out in desperation? Or are you just gonna open fire on a high street full of nauseating couples judging you for your apparent lack of a soul?

Me? Well, it's time for KILLATHON 2K12!!!

Yes, the yearly tradition in which I spend practically the entire hellish day indoors playing violent games of all kinds, going to the extent of tracking my virtual bodycount. Last year's high score was approx 9000 dead! Big thank you to the former citizens of megaton for helping so greatly in this objective! Let's hope for 10000 this year!
Nothing, I plan to die like ever year.

What the hell kind of a question is this? Are we going to suddenly die of lovelessness? Seriously...

*reads post*

Substance of sanity? IG-NOR-ING IT, hows that for an idea? No barracade, its a bloody Tuesday for petes sake. Desperation? I think not. That last comment is a bit ridiculous frankly, even compared to the other suggestions.

Ok, well if you have some compulsion to kill virtual people on that day, go ahead, there is that Mass Effect 3 demo coming out, my point in replying to this post is, if you have a bf/gf it might be nice to do something, maybe not, otherwise ignore the day, there's no need to be like 'ooo I'm still single waa' not that you're necessarily doing that but, any recognition, positive or negative is pointless unless you're involved, if not, forget about it.

solemnwar

Sep 19, 2010
The same thing i do every day.

Go to school, hang with friends, play some games, surf the internet. Yep.
It's pretty much how I spent every holiday.

Jake0fTrades

Jun 5, 2008
I have nothing to do!

If only there was a demo for a certain game coming out on that day! Y'know? One of those games that's the third installment in a trilogy of sci-fi RPG's? Oh, if only!

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
Send help please.

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
Conza said:
Doclector said:
Ah yes, that whole valentines thing. The day of the year on which all single people are supposed to feel bad.

Worse yet, it probably works on some level.

So, what are you doing to keep some semblance of sanity on this most cr*ppy of holidays? Are you barricading yourself away? Going out in desperation? Or are you just gonna open fire on a high street full of nauseating couples judging you for your apparent lack of a soul?

Me? Well, it's time for KILLATHON 2K12!!!

Yes, the yearly tradition in which I spend practically the entire hellish day indoors playing violent games of all kinds, going to the extent of tracking my virtual bodycount. Last year's high score was approx 9000 dead! Big thank you to the former citizens of megaton for helping so greatly in this objective! Let's hope for 10000 this year!
Nothing, I plan to die like ever year.

What the hell kind of a question is this? Are we going to suddenly die of lovelessness? Seriously...

*reads post*

Substance of sanity? IG-NOR-ING IT, hows that for an idea? No barracade, its a bloody Tuesday for petes sake. Desperation? I think not. That last comment is a bit ridiculous frankly, even compared to the other suggestions.

Ok, well if you have some compulsion to kill virtual people on that day, go ahead, there is that Mass Effect 3 demo coming out, my point in replying to this post is, if you have a bf/gf it might be nice to do something, maybe not, otherwise ignore the day, there's no need to be like 'ooo I'm still single waa' not that you're necessarily doing that but, any recognition, positive or negative is pointless unless you're involved, if not, forget about it.
I severely wish I could just ignore it, and I don't know about your area, but it's f***ing everywhere here. The only way to ignore it would've been to somehow stockpile food at some point between christmas and new year, and make a damn good excuse for missing every commitment I have, work-wise and socially, until the whole mess is over. Seriously, it's impossible.

BathorysGraveland

Dec 7, 2011
It's just an ordinary day for me, so nothing I wouldn't do normally - listen to music, play games, talk to people. Same 'ole, same 'ole.

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
Jokingly ask all of my friends to be my Valentine whores, parade around the school as a pimp. After school I'm probably going to play Skyrim.

Sleepy Sol

Feb 15, 2011
Video games are the best medicine.

...That's how that saying goes, right? Yeah, definitely.