Calling all single people, what are you doing to survive the 14th?

Svenparty

Jan 13, 2009
As depressing as this may sound, Valentines day is a good way to get some half decent food and booze within the "Meal for 2" offers so Drink and eat the food of couples possibly cry and listen to Rock music.

hinataxemnas

Jul 14, 2010
saintchristopher said:
believe it or not, I've got a date! I just have to help her move first. it shouldn't be that hard, either; Her new place is My Liver, and right now she lives at The Bottom of a Bottle of Scotch. Should probably only take a couple hours!
You sir, have a wonderful sense of humor!
O.T: If I can't get the girl I want to ask out, then I'll probably wind up playing Skyrim or something like that...

Serperoth

Sep 9, 2009
It's just another day, whether you're single or not. You don't need a special day to celebrate your loved one and whatnot.

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
(checks calendar) "huh tomorrows February the 14th"

I've got work to do tomorrow, if it weren't for this thread I would not have realized that it was Valentines day.

Drop_D-Bombshell

Doing Nothing Productive...
Apr 17, 2010
What i normally do: Play on a console, listen to music and try and find something to eat that i like and doesn't taste like ass. Just because it's Valentine's day doesn't mean i celebrate it.

8bitlove2a03

Mar 25, 2010
I'm going to wake up late, go to my 12:30 lecture, come back to my apartment, do whatever needs to be done (read: ignore everything and play Minecraft), eat dinner, go listen to a lecture and take a test in my 7:05-9:45 lecture, come back to my apartment, play more Minecraft, and go to bed, and never shall any fucks be given. That's the beauty about never having cared about Valentines to begin with.

TehCookie

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2008
I always spend valentines day on /a/ laughing at them. It's like laughing at a mirror.

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
To me valentines day isnt really a "Holiday", its just a way for card companies to make a profit. So i just ignore it and carry on with my daily routine of, well, satying inside and playing video games.

Ignatz_Zwakh

Sep 3, 2010
I dunno, I feel strange about it. I'm seeing someone, but I wouldn't exactly call us a couple. She's made nary a mention of the day and I only recalled that it's approaching today...so...we'll see.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008

Sam thing I do every year, ignore the date entirely and participate in special events related to it that I can do solo. Honestly, I don't care about the day because if you don't have a partner, you feel alone, and if you do you have to buy a gift, so everybody loses.

00slash00

Dec 29, 2009
is there something special happening on the 14th? ohhh, you mean that bullshit holiday where men are obligated to spend money on pointless crap and womyn are obligated to put out? yeah even when im in a relationship i dont celebrate valentines day. fortunately ive been lucky enough to date girls who think valentines day is stupid too. i am single this year and couldnt possibly care less about valentines day. its just another day, to me. this year, however, i will be getting drunk at a party. the day before valentines day, i will be getting drunk with friends. the day after valentines day...possibly getting drunk again

CrimsonBlaze

Aug 29, 2011
I'd probably go hang out with some of my single friends, get some drinks, and just worry about getting to the end of the night.

Dango

Feb 11, 2010
Being alone and stuff, since being alone on Valentine's Day is the same as being alone every other day, which I'm pretty much used to.

Apr 24, 2008
Oh hey...that's tomorrow.

Nothing special. It's a day off of work for me. I think I'll run until I want to puke, shower and then watch some films.

cerealnmuffin

May 15, 2010
TheKasp said:
I deliver a fake human heart to celebrate the actual spirit of this "holiday" :D

Whoever gets the reference gets a cookie!
I could be completely wrong but it sounds like something Dexter Morgan would say. Wish the 6th season would hurry up and come out on itunes.