Can someone please explain to me why PC gamers and Console gamers can't get along?

nklshaz

Nov 27, 2010
Cronq said:
Anyone with the intelligence of a monkey and 2 thumbs can play a console. PC requires at least 6 fingers.
I'm assuming you're a PC gamer, so tell me this: If PC gaming apparently requires more intelligence, then why did you miscount the number of fingers required for playing a console? (You forgot the 2 fingers it takes to hit the shoulder buttons.) My trolling aside, the number of fingers needed is hardly a measure of intelligence. Just because a tricycle has more wheels than a bicycle doesn't mean it's a better ride.

hitman_7

Apr 3, 2011
I have a console and i dont hate PC gamers or PC´s for that matter
I would love to have a good PC were i could play proper games like Team Fortress 2 or the upcoming Star Wars TOR but you spend less money to just buy a console then a PC
Its sad but its reality :(

yman15

Jul 11, 2011
Matthew94 said:
Because console gamers love to argue amongst themselves about which is better then a PC gamer mentions how PC hardware stomps over consoles and they get defensive and label them an elitest and naturally hate builds.

As it's been said both sides have benefits but I find console only gamers to be much worse than PC gamers.
I actually find that pc "elitists" or to me just a type of fan boy can be extremely insulting. Console fanboys just say your console sucks for some pretty retarded reasons while a pc fanboy will act all high and mighty and just come out and say there better than you. Like this guy
http://www.youtube.com/user/CONSOLESareforFAGsz. I know he's trolling but this is how some pc fanboys act. So pc fanboys are just as guilty of this pointless conflict as console gamers.

Oh and another example of what I mean... -_-
Venereus said:
Console gamers keep refusing to bow down to their masters. That's the problem.

Stall

Apr 16, 2011
FuktLogik said:
I dislike PC gamers because they're petty and condescending. These are the kinds of people who aren't happy to play a game on the PC unless PC was the lead platform. Case in point, the Quakecon Skyrim footage, where the crowd boos incessantly when they say they're demoing the 360 version. Like I said: Petty.
It's only petty if you don't understand PC gaming, which perhaps is why you also think PC gamers are condescending since we have to explain everything to you console gamers. If you didn't know (which you definitely appear to not know since you think it is a jab at PC gamers), it is a VERY bad thing when a game is developed for a console then ported onto PC. It almost always means crap optimization (meaning you need more resources to run the game than you should), horrible controls (every PC gamer can "feel" when the controls were intended for a console... it's very obvious), a bad and obnoxious GUI (it usually happens because developers don't know how to expand those damn radial menus into something that works for the PC), and many other things. In short, yes, there is a very legitimate and sound reason why PC gamers do not like console ports. How is being mad about getting a product that will be diminished in product "petty"? Ah yes, it's not... you just have no idea what you are talking about.

Your post is the exact reason why PC gamers and console games do not get along: it's because console gamers are oblivious and ignorant. They don't understand how their ancient technology is holding back gaming, and forcing PC games to be significantly less than what they can be, yet they think PC gamers are somehow the "problem".

psicat

Feb 13, 2011
I play both PC and Console and I actually don't care personally. Yet, some PC gamers on the forum act smug and elitist. It does occasionally make me want to antagonize them back.

Da Orky Man

Yeah, that's me
Apr 24, 2011
I'm in the fortunate position to game on a console primarily, but also on my netbook. Sure, it can't play many games released after 2003, but it still plays KotOR, AoE, Warcraft 3, Tachyon: The Fringe, Fallout 1 and 2, and many others.

Dbaker05

Feb 9, 2011
We should not be arguing over which platform is better. We must unite and face the real enemy, the developers. This opprssive, money grabing regime releases increasingly poor quality games and expect us to pay obscene amounts of money for utter rubbish. Well I say Enough! We must rise up and force them to change lest they be destroyed by our wrath!

VIVA lA REVOLUTION!

-now i've got that out of my system-
I think that as a general rule the pc is by far a superior gaming platform, however i also think that some games just work better on console [see my personal favorite game Darksiders]. I actually prefer consoles because they are cheaper, easier to use and do not require rebuilding every six weeks. thats just my opinion, your welcome to your own.

fulcran

Jun 16, 2009
Because people who identify themselves as PC gamers do so because they believe in the inherent superiority of the PC, while those who identify themselves as console gamers believe the same of their respective console.

Its less an issue of "People who play games on computers vs people who play games on consoles" and more an issue of "People who are proud to play games on computers vs people who are proud to play games on consoles."

Personally, I play games on PC, X-Box, and Wii, and all are radically different if you look at them.

On PC I keep to my 80 hour RPG's I can't play in the family room without irritating the family, as well as RTS and MMO's (F2P, no more paid MMO for me). On X-Box, I have my CoD, TF2, and other games that are fun to play online with groups of diverse people that change from round to round. On the Wii I have party games like Brawl and Rock Band.
(Please note, above categorizations are generalizations, they do cross over from platform to platform)

Mostly its an issue of the console wars stepped up - many PC gamers grew up with only a PC because mummy and daddy wouldn't buy them a console because they already could play their games, so they tout its superiority.

On the other hand, many people who self-identify as console gamers didn't have a computer powerful enough to run top of the line games even on lowest settings, and thus never experienced many types of games such as MMO's that are native to the PC. Thus, they dismiss them, because they couldn't have them.

TLDR: They can, but people who don't are louder and more obnoxious and generate larger comment threads.

mikespoff

Oct 29, 2009
Most of them do get along.

There's a vocal minority of twits that give the appearance of an all-out conflict.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Oh, the answer is Fan-Dumb and all who are caught in these are equally guilty.

Sovvolf

Mar 23, 2009
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Can someone please explain to me why PC gamers and Console gamers can't get along?
They can.

It's just a few that spoil it for the rest of us. Usually those with an axe to grind or a product to sell.
Pretty much this. The vast majority honestly couldn't give a shite. Sadly given that, as said already, most don't care about it, they don't bother trying to argue it so your only really going to read posts coming from the vocal minority.

Though honestly when your reading posts like:

"Console gamers are just retarded"
or

"P.C gamers are just a set of elitist, condescending pricks"

You might not be reading a very insightful argument or debate against the benefits of either and you should just move on.

Skratt

Dec 20, 2008
Console gamers constantly argue about XBOX vs. PS3 vs. Wii, and you expect this to be different vs. PC? Perhaps a better question is why do you let the unimportant bother you?

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Sure. Simply put, both parties are dickheads who are stuck so far up their own asses that their in they're in danger of turning themselves inside out.

teebeeohh

Jun 17, 2009
i guess it's like sports, everyone makes fun if the opposing team but some people end up taking to serious and start beating each other up.

J_Monsterface

Aug 8, 2011
because there is more than one option, and there is free will, and there is the human ego

so says theinternet!

soultrain117

Dec 4, 2010
O I know this one because the internet is a inherently violent place and people look for any accuse to hate on someone else.

Pandabearparade

Mar 23, 2011
I think PC gamers (like me) are getting annoyed at the companies for treating us like we're all criminals who aren't worth making games for. That's the fault of the industry, however, not console gamers (hell, I can't talk, I own a Wii).