Can we STOP spelling Microsoft with a "$" PLEASE!!!

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Just proves how much of an idiot they are I guess then. Seriously, is it that hard to just say "Microsoft is greedy?"

martyrdrebel27

Feb 16, 2009
gah, hold on folks, i'm not DEMANDING anything, i don't know why this word keeps coming up, look at the title. I say PLEASE.

(in retrospect, i shoulda said "Would You Kindly quit saying Micro$oft?".)

Joshua112321

Aug 16, 2010

freedom of expression is sometimes used to indicate not only freedom of verbal speech but any act of seeking, receiving and imparting information or ideas, regardless of the medium used, known in United States law as "symbolic speech". In practice, the right to freedom of speech is not absolute in any country and the right is commonly subject to limitations, such as on "hate speech". Speech that is permitted by force of the right to freedom of speech is also called protected speech.
you can't stop us, and you won't be able to. As a matter of fact I can tell you that there will now be an increase in the amount of people that say it because of you complaining about it... so just stop, please :)

btw, you just lost the game!

Billion Backs

Apr 20, 2010
Every big corporation is a "greedy fuck".

Damn communists. How do you think you get there on top? By being ruthless and money-grabbing.

MorganL4

Person
May 1, 2008
xRagnarok19 said:
But saying Micro$oft is what all the popular kids are doing.
And maybe it's because its one of the biggest corporations?

okay then..... um how about this $ony...... HA there im cool now.........

see how lame that was, is just as lame when a person types Micro$oft

Daedalus1942

Jun 26, 2009
veloper said:
Just M$.
It's short and everyone will understand who you mean.
Multiple Sclerosis is a cashcow now? Interesting... How can I contract this profitable disease?
(I kid, i have several friends with MS... and it's not pleasant.) I'm lucky even to know them.
On topic... $ucker Punch!
See what I did there?
or possibly ¢apcom?

$ON¥!!!

Billion Backs

Apr 20, 2010
Patrick_and_the_ricks said:
martyrdrebel27 said:
unless you can show me one company that actively hates and rejects money and profit, microsoft is just another face in the crowd. They're not the most greedy or the most customer-unfriendly. they're not evil. they're not good either, don't get me wrong, they're just capitalists.
It's an internet meme. Like spelling Scientology with the $ sign.
Spelling Scientology with the $ is more justified.

A corporation or any type of for-profit business exists solely for making profits. If it doesn't make money, it's dead. And I'm talking about bigger picture here, not specific products or services or developments.

So greed and general affiliation with money is perfectly sensible.

A religion, on the other hand, is supposed to provide some kind of spiritual enlightenment. It doesn't really do that, it's more of an opiate for the dumb masses, but the thought still counts. It doesn't necessarily have to be a for-profit organization, though, despite pretty much most religions creating and supporting a priest class that earns money solely through whatever the fuck they're doing. That is already the case in pretty much every "traditional" religion today. But in case of Scientology, they're a LOT more money grabbing.

A christian doesn't HAVE to pay to waste their time in some church or to delude themselves. A scientologist does. They're required to shell out a whole lot of money for pseudo-scientific religious procedures to "advance" themselves.

In short, a for-profit business exists for making money and you can't really separate it. A religion, on the other hand, claims to exist for other reasons. So in case of more-money-grabbing-then-usual cults like Scientology, the $ is pretty justified.

brunothepig

May 18, 2009
headshotcatcher said:
PayJ567 said:
People can do as they like. How about YOU just don't get bothered by it. You're the problem here not the people who post it as you're the one making a thread about it and unnecessarily telling people what they can and can't do.
That's like saying "Nazi Germany wasn't in the wrong, it was those stupid Allied forces for being bothered by them!"
Godwin's law.
Sooo... Honestly, I don't care, and I don't see why you do. It amuses me still, and what is this thread accomplishing?

playinthedark

Feb 15, 2010
Microsoft made Internet Explorer... as a web designer I find this automatically qualifies them for evil status.

If Microsoft paid me for all the time I spent writing alternative content, workarounds and hacks to fix display issues in that buggy piece of shit software I'd make triple on every job.

edit:spelling

Danzaivar

Jul 13, 2004
Whenever anyone refers to them as Micro$oft I just picture Alec Baldwin from Team America doing his 'But, but the corporations are corporations! Evil Corporations!' or whatever he says.

It is kinda annoying tho.

Reshkar

"Face to Face"
May 18, 2010
omega_peaches said:
commodorejohn said:
Okay: Mi¢rosoft.
I admit, I laughed.
martyrdrebel27 said:
(to the poster who called me an idiot, fanboy, or employee)

i'm none of those things. but if you think that Bill Gates personally had a hand in making, programming and developing the xbox, the 360, or hell, at this point, even the piece of shit that was Vista, then you're obviously the idiot here. a company that large is not an engine being moved by one man's ability to program.
So you're saying the Bill Gates had nothing at all to do with Xbox or Windows.
He didn't had nothing to do with xbox at all, he made the programming language for Windows. That's all, As far as I know.

Edit: Yea I searched Bill Gates wiki for xbox "no such entry" so I guess he's just retired. "He remains at Microsoft as non-executive chairman"

But that's not on-topic anyway :p

GamingAwesome1

May 22, 2009
silversnake4133 said:
Wait! You can't forget about SON¥!
I lol'ed.

I call them Micro$oft cos their money grabbing ways is what prevents L4D updates from getting on the 360 without a price tag.

Snowpact

He is the Walrus
Oct 15, 2008
It seem to me you never have visited a certain website:

thesource.ofallevil.com