Can we STOP spelling Microsoft with a "$" PLEASE!!!

Reyalsfeihc

Jun 12, 2010
The Hairminator said:
What? It's hilarious to make fun of big multinational corporations. They are the only ones who can take it.

Plus, the way they are pushing for monopoly gets them an evil mark in my book.
Agreed. Although I hate Intel SOOO Much more... GO AMD! :D

Booze Zombie

Dec 8, 2007
Treeinthewoods said:
Oh, Microsoft = Micro$oft? I thought everybody was playing games on a console produced by a company pronounced "Micro-dollar-oft" but I didn't want to ask because I was afraid of seeming n00bish.

To appease all parties involved we shall refer to Microsoft as "Corporate Bastard$," Sony as "Japanese Corporate Bastard$" and Apple as "Smug Corporate Bastard$." Is this acceptable?

Oh, and Nintendo will be titled "Retro Japanese Corporate Bastard$."
Easy to remember and truthful, I like it!

Blair Bennett

Jan 25, 2008
I will stop spelling Micro$oft as is displayed when, and only when, we cease to do the same for Ke$ha. Seriously, spelling things like this doesn't make sense. What kind of self-absorbed non-talent decides that this looks cool?

Vilcus

Jun 29, 2009
I've never spelled Microsoft with a "$", mainly because it's grammatically incorrect, but also because it's just stupid looking. I don't care if people do it, but you'll never catch me spelling it that way.

Decagonapus

Jun 30, 2010
Generic Gamer said:
It just annoys me slightly that people think Microsoft are 'an evil corporation after their money' for no particular reason. Compare Microsoft's attitude to OS piracy to Apple's reaction to firmware modification.

Apple: "You cracked our security? Apple products are for Apple devices running Apple programs, your device is no longer under warranty even for physical defects! You also just lost your app store mate!

Microsoft: Oh fuck this, we know everyone does it but damn if we have to be happy with it. You have to register for updates but we won't check your registration's authenticity.
Again, they are merely doing business. Presumably the most common place for OS piracy would be on your 'local neighborhood computer savvy person's' computer. If they alienate those people, they are saying good-buy to free tech support and recommendation for both home users and offices. If enough of your tech staff tell you they would be more efficient at their jobs using linux, rest assured the company will migrate. (and its not an expensive migration either)

jpoon

Mar 26, 2009
Fuck, I've been calling them Micro$oft for years when attempting to label them as greedy fucks. They are definitely still greedy fucks so...

Electronic Art$
Activi$ion
$ony

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
martyrdrebel27 said:
unless you can show me one company that actively hates and rejects money and profit, microsoft is just another face in the crowd. They're not the most greedy or the most customer-unfriendly. they're not evil. they're not good either, don't get me wrong, they're just capitalists.
As I am guessing it was my 360 slim thread that inspired this.

I will respond by letting you know the reason I wrote it like that is because of the obscene amount of money they have tried to scam me out of (not to mention all that wasted phone credit on the line to Microsoft support) over the last 6 years through broken or faulty products and overpriced peripherals.

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
martyrdrebel27 said:
unless you can show me one company that actively hates and rejects money and profit, microsoft is just another face in the crowd. They're not the most greedy or the most customer-unfriendly. they're not evil. they're not good either, don't get me wrong, they're just capitalists.
Calling it "Micro$oft" is the only way to easily discern who is a prick online without needing to read the content of their posts.

You just scan for that word with that dollar sign and you know they are a jackass. Pretty solid, simple, and effective.

Like the world's most efficient Dickdar.

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
BiscuitTrouser said:
I had to pay 50 pounds for a wireless attatchment for my Xbox when i know those damn things are not built for 50 pounds or even close. Also the fact i have to pay for xbox live as well as the original expendeture. Also the fact this new slim is red ringing already. Il let you decide what that tells you.
It tells me that you don't really know what you're talking about. I haven't heard any real reports of 360 slims failing, and if they did, they wouldn't be "red ringing" because Microsoft took out the red LED from the slim: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/101469-No-Red-Ring-of-Death-for-the-New-360
Yes it's laughable that they stopped it by removing the red light, but still, to me you sound more like you just hate the 360 and don't care what you're talking about as long as you can find something to bash it for.

Anyway I'm with you TC, calling them "Micro$oft" is just plain stupid. I really don't feel like re-writing the post I just wrote only about a half hour or so ago on the matter.

Also let it be on the record that if any consumer electronics company out there should have a currency symbol stuffed in their name, it should be Apple. Even if we have to use the little money symbol from Pokémon that looks like a P with dashes in it because no real currency symbols look like any of the letters in the word apple.

LooK iTz Jinjo

Feb 22, 2009
martyrdrebel27 said:
They're not the most greedy or the most customer-unfriendly.
Have you seen the price of their accessories? Have you seen the ACCESSORIES?! Some of them should have been built in to begin with. They're not customer-unfriendly? Have you called their customer support lines before?

Micro$oft brought upon themselves this trend.

martyrdrebel27

Feb 16, 2009
LooK iTz Jinjo said:
martyrdrebel27 said:
Have you seen the price of their accessories? Have you seen the ACCESSORIES?! Some of them should have been built in to begin with. They're not customer-unfriendly? Have you called their customer support lines before?

i didn't say they were customer friendly, just not THE MOST CUSTOMER-UNFRIENDLY. reread. it's right there.

lets talk about these entitled accessories. do you mean the fact that it didn't have built in wifi (even though NO SYSTEM did on it's release?)

do you mean the wireless controllers that only come with the shell to take batteries? (hey, that annoyed me too, having to buy a play and charge kit, but that's no longer the case, i believe)

do you mean the keypad? because i can't imagine why you feel THAT should have been included.

extra headsets? it comes with one headset, one controller, that's pretty standard and acceptable in my eyes...

cables neccessary for hd? correct me if i'm wrong, but again, isn't sony guilty of this as well? at least with their launch consoles?

tell me, which accessories do you take issue with exactly? and why?

LooK iTz Jinjo

Feb 22, 2009
martyrdrebel27 said:
LooK iTz Jinjo said:
martyrdrebel27 said:

i didn't say they were customer friendly, just not THE MOST CUSTOMER-UNFRIENDLY. reread. it's right there.

lets talk about these entitled accessories. do you mean the fact that it didn't have built in wifi (even though NO SYSTEM did on it's release?)

do you mean the wireless controllers that only come with the shell to take batteries? (hey, that annoyed me too, having to buy a play and charge kit, but that's no longer the case, i believe)

do you mean the keypad? because i can't imagine why you feel THAT should have been included.

extra headsets? it comes with one headset, one controller, that's pretty standard and acceptable in my eyes...

cables neccessary for hd? correct me if i'm wrong, but again, isn't sony guilty of this as well? at least with their launch consoles?

tell me, which accessories do you take issue with exactly? and why?
Ok well sure the controllers can now be purchased with a "play 'n charge" kit but that costs extra so it does not count. What do I take issue with? Well as a loyal Xbox 360 owner for over 3 years I take issue with the fact that 2 wireless networking adapters have simply died on me for no apparent reason (out of warranty), I've had over 20 headsets (4 wireless) in that time all bar 3 have been official M$ ones and right now all bar 2 EBAY ones are dead, why do they die? I don't know. They just seem to stop picking up my voice or making screeching sounds to all my friends, they stop playing sounds and in the case of the wireless ones stop charging and turining on all together.

I have had a fucking HARD DRIVE die on me. A 60GB HDD! Apparently it was out of warranty and Microsoft LITERALLY said "Too bad, buy a new one".

Don't even start me on how many Xbox's I've been through. It's not the accessories (though it took them far to long to build in wireless) it's the QUALITY ask anyone M$ wireless headsets are lucky to last more than 12-18 months. They simply do not last and when they are designed to last a week more than their warranty lasts that is fucking greedy and if it wasn't for me being friends with some people at EB Games and JB Hi-Fi I would have stopped being a customer of Microsoft long ago.

Oh and Xbox Live costs way to much, I'm fine to pay for it, I understand that they need to make money off it to sustain it blah blah, but when I pay the same price for Live that I pay for a full retail game that's way to much.

That a good enough explanation for you mate?

Mrsoupcup

Jan 13, 2009
martyrdrebel27 said:
It's an internet meme. Like spelling Scientology with the $ sign.

InnerRebellion

Mar 6, 2010
Calm down OP. It's just a silly fad that people are doing to make themselves feel like part of the "in crowd". You can't just demand people stop doing it, and I hardly see why this warrants a thread. So what if you don't like it? That is how the world works, you know. People do things that other people don't like, but they get over it.

BloodyThoughts

EPIC PIRATE DANCE PARTY!
Jan 4, 2010
martyrdrebel27 said:
Except the headset breaks if you so much as drop it on a hardwood floor. So then you gotta go out and buy another $20 headset, only for it to break in another month.

Unless you get a Plantronics headset of course. Those things will last you a life time. Hell I chucked it out a window and it worked perfectly after bringing it in and using it.

OT: Ill say what both halves of the users who have commented here have said:

Microsoft. Is fucking. Greedy. As hell.
They're wireless headset?
60 bucks. I could have boughten a game where I didn't need a headset for. And it still breaks after a week.

They're wireless adapter?
Not only does it ask you to be right next to your modem, it just barely works. I went back to using an Ethernet cable after a week with the adapter.

Also, you can't for them to stop saying it like that. What're you gonna do? Track down everyone that does that and put a gun to their head? Good luck doing that buddy.