Can you help me with a College project?

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
1. 18.
2. Male.
3. Denmark.
4. No.
5. 5-8 hours a day.
6. Only as much as religion can affect reality. (not saying that religious ppl haven't affected us all, but in the way saying there is a god makes it so)
7. Not at all.
8. I don't think so, every way there is to kill man, animal or aliens have been done, only way we can upgrade is graphic wise

CaptainREBell

Feb 11, 2009
Pr0 InSaNiTy said:
If you don't mind could you take the time to fill in the following questionnaire. Thanks :)

1) how old are you?
2) are you male or female?
3) What country do you live in?
4) Do you believe in god or a supernatural entity?
5) How often do you game?
6) Do you believe that violence in video games has an effect on young people and the crimes they might commit?
7) Do you believe that violent video games should be banned? If so, explain why.
8) Do you think that video games are getting increasingly violent?

Thanks very much :)
1) 16
2) F
3) UK
4) No
5) 10+ hours a week
6) Nope
7) HELL NO
8) Yes...

I don't want to elaborate -_-

high_castle

Apr 15, 2009
1) 21
2) Female
3) United States
4) Not really. I'm open to the possibility, but think it's a pretty remote one.
5) It varies by my work schedule. There are days I don't game at all or just an hour in the evenings, but I usually managed one 6 hour session every other week.
6) Nope. Just like violence in movies, TV, books, and music. Kids are capable of discerning the difference between fantasy and reality. I don't think graphic violence is necessarily great for a developing psyche, but I don't think it's going to turn them into violent raving maniacs either.
7) No. We already have a ratings system, and that's as close to censorship as I want to get.
8) No. But I think we're getting more graphic and realistic (in some ways) with our portrayals of violence.

Hellion25

May 28, 2008
1) 22
2) Male
3) England
4) Does the Cosmic Jester count. If not then no.
5) Pretty much everyday, if only for a little while
6) Nope, I believe this comes down to shit parenting
7) No, censorship is bad, especially when used to accomodate old women and tabloids who get their panties in a bunch much too easily.
8) I guess so, on a visceral level at least.

urithe

Nov 3, 2008
1) 18
2) Male
3) Israel
4) No
5) About an hour a day
6) It unfortunately does have an effect to some extent
7) I think violent video games should have the proper pg rating but not banned
8) Not really, only the graphics are getting better which makes stuff look more violent than a few pixels hitting each other.

Shapsters

Dec 16, 2008
1) 15
2) Male
3) Canada baby!
4) If I want a crutch, I'll steal one from a hospital
5) Every day
6) No, that is poppycock
7) Again, it is poppycock. Video games don't make psycho's, they make themselves.
8) Yes, but only visual because of graphic and technology, the games itself aren't more violent.

Simonccx

Apr 15, 2009
1)19
2)Male
3)UK
4)strictly speaking no, im a buddhist
5)2-4 hours a day
6)It has an effect on children in their formative years, in older children its not so much the game but the social status some games are given and the culture and peer pressure which builds from it.
7)No, pro choice, but i do think people should have more alternatives
8) since the age of pacman? probably but its more the designers ability to convey this violence which is growing.

twistedshadows

Apr 26, 2009
1. 21
2. Female
3. United States
4. Not in any traditional sense.
5. Depends on my workload; 12 hours a week minimum.
6. No
7. No
8. The representation of violence becoming more realistic with better graphics etc., but I wouldn't say games are actually more violent.

kewlrabbit

Aug 6, 2008
1. 18
2. Male
3. USA
4. No
5. Mostly everyday, usually 2-3 hours, 4-6 if I have nothing going on.
6. No. I played Conker's Bad Fur Day and Perfect Dark constantly when I was 10, and I turned out just fine.
7. No.
8. Not necessarily more violent, they just have better graphics.

Henzi

Apr 29, 2009
1. 21
2. Male.
3. England.
4. No.
5. At the moment not much, exams looming, but usually 2 hours+ per day.
6. Not really. If they've got it in them to commit crimes, it wont suddenly be triggered by a game.
7. No.
8. As graphics improve the violence has become increasingly graphic in the way it's visually represented, but in itself it's nothing too disturbing.

Valkyira

Mar 13, 2009
Henzi said:
1. 21
2. Male.
3. England.
4. No.
5. At the moment not much, exams looming, but usually 2 hours+ per day.
6. Not really. If they've got it in them to commit crimes, it wont suddenly be triggered by a game.
7. No.
8. As graphics improve the violence has become increasingly graphic in the way it's visually represented, but in itself it's nothing too disturbing.
Good luck in your exams.

Valkyira

Mar 13, 2009
Wouldukindly said:
1. 18
2. Male
3. Canada
4. No
5. An hour or two lately, more when I'm stuck in class.
6. Nope, it's that rap music, or jazz, or Elvis' hips...
7. Of course not.
8. Realistically, yes, but only because graphics now allow it. I don't believe we're simply adding more violence into games because we're more violent.
A nice reference to Bioshock in your name methinks

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
1) 18
2) male
3) The U S of A
4) Yes
5) I don't know. Depends on my workload :D
6) Only when their parents fail at doing their jobs and keeping such games away from them :D
7) No. Just NO.
8) Moreso visually than anything, due to improvements in graphics. The level of violence has already peaked: see Manhunt :D

Lucia di Lammermore

Feb 8, 2009
1) how old are you? 15
2) are you male or female? female
3) What country do you live in? US
4) Do you believe in god or a supernatural entity? Agnostic
5) How often do you game? twice a week, depending on homework load and what game I'm playing
6) Do you believe that violence in video games has an effect on young people and the crimes they might commit? No
7) Do you believe that violent video games should be banned? If so, explain why. No
8) Do you think that video games are getting increasingly violent? Sort of. Games themselves haven't become more violent, just more graphic.

Bierkrat

Mar 2, 2009
1) 17
2) male
3) Holland / The Netherlands
4) Most definitely not
5) around 4 hours a day
6) No
7) No, because violence in games does not make people commit crime
8) Perhaps, but is this a problem?

UltimatheChosen

Mar 6, 2009
1) 20.
2) Male.
3) United States of America.
4) No.
5) About 10-5 hours a week.
6) No.
7) No.
8) Not exactly. I think they're getting more GRAPHIC, but the level of violence is about the same.