Can you please tell me why they Ban me in ResetEra for posting a Game about Dating Helicopters?

Sep 24, 2008
Eacaraxe said:
Look, if your natural response to my making a point those comedians weren't partisan, but instead targeted partisans, ideologues, and demagogues, by saying (and I'm paraphrasing) "both sides are bad, but free speech is an alt-right dog whistle", it really makes me question your motives. Honestly, it makes me wonder if perhaps you're among those Carlin may have mocked were he alive today.
Actually. It isn't. I wasn't talking about the Comedians. I specifically called out the 'chosen'. To whit, I shall now refer to as 'Free Speakers', as I feel what they are doing to the idea of Freedom of Speech is nigh sacrilege and they should be called out on it.

My point was what I said. If Political Correctness is Facism masquerading as manners, then the 'Free Speakers' (as I defined the term when I was talking to Vendor-Lazarus [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.1055792-Can-you-please-tell-me-why-they-Ban-me-in-ResetEra-for-posting-a-Game-about-Dating-Helicopters?page=3#24258347]) are self important Fascists who claim to to champion the holy right of having everyone being able to say what's on their mind... and display that right by shouting down anyone who has a different idea than they do and hold the idea of Freedom of Speech as being above reproach themselves.

As there is no confusion, I think the concept of Freedom of Speech is one of the most important we've created as a species. But what I'm seeing is that these 'Free Speakers' are co-opting the idea to control the flow of conversation to yell at others who have different ideas than those they want focus on. And they do it while being disrespectful, crude, and sometimes just flat out wrong in their ascertains... and screaming 'FREE SPEECH, PAL' while pretending their rights and liberties are being trampled for others doing the same exact treatment these 'Free Speakers' like to heap on everyone else.

These Free Speakers feel it's their God given right to bash, trash, and thrash anything that they will, but no one has the right to question their beliefs.

If these comedians were alive today and had any semblance of honesty? They would line the Free Speakers up along side the SWJs and tell them both to get a grip. Rampant PC and Hypocritical 'Freedom of Speech' Lines in the Sand ("I can speak but you can't. My issues are important but I don't want to hear about yours") both limit discussion and tolerance. And if the comedians do that, I would applaud them for it.

Eacaraxe_v1legacy

Mar 28, 2010
ObsidianJones said:
If these comedians were alive today and had any semblance of honesty? They would line the Free Speakers up along side the SWJs and tell them both to get a grip. Rampant PC and Hypocritical 'Freedom of Speech' Lines in the Sand ("I can speak but you can't. My issues are important but I don't want to hear about yours") both limit discussion and tolerance. And if the comedians do that, I would applaud them for it.
Yes, yes, we get it. Both sides are bad, but [other side] is worse because [reasons] which means [my side] is better, therefore [dead person] would side with [my side], by attacking [other side] more. Has it occurred to you the very fact you rationalize things the way you do just might put you in "the line" too? You're clearly unwilling or unable to leave it at "they attacked ideologues and demagogues".

Smithnikov_v1legacy

May 7, 2016
Vendor-Lazarus said:
Smithnikov said:
Signa said:
Carlin is probably my favorite comedian of all time, and I'm sure you'd put me on the "right wing," correct?
Odd choice considering he was an outspoken atheist and how he slagged on Republicans and Christians.
I'm also a huge huge fan of Carlin. Surprised?
See Above. Yes, very surprised, as he does not have kind words for the right wing.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Eacaraxe said:
Smithnikov said:
Odd choice considering he was an outspoken atheist and how he slagged on Republicans and Christians.
Yes, yes he did. He was also the man was the one who said "political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners". This is a historically revisionist left/right game-free zone now. Carlin, Hicks, Maher, and those other big names of '80s and '90s political humor, were quite discriminatory in their targets: ideologues and demagogues.
He also went on about how great it would be to kill people for being annoying.

Sep 24, 2008
Eacaraxe said:
Yes, yes, we get it. Both sides are bad, but [other side] is worse because [reasons] which means [my side] is better, therefore [dead person] would side with [my side], by attacking [other side] more. Has it occurred to you the very fact you rationalize things the way you do just might put you in "the line" too? You're clearly unwilling or unable to leave it at "they attacked ideologues and demagogues".
Point the first. Yes, of course I'm on the line. I have an opinion. I'm not dictating how people should live, which both sides extremists are trying to do. So, I'm ok with being on the line.

Right-wing politics aren't bad. Left-wing politics aren't bad. We need both to create a balance. Even if I lean a certain way, as long as I (and others) do not try to control people's speech, mannerisms, and actions beyond the scope of law, that's fine.

Point the second. You're still trying to make my point. And no, I don't mean that as you're saying things to prove my point. You're sitting there telling me what I'm trying to get at. I was never talking about the comedians. I do not care about the ideologues and demagogues as much as you do. I specifically said what my point was twice now.

ObsidianJones said:
My point was what I said. If Political Correctness is Facism masquerading as manners, then the 'Free Speakers' (as I defined the term when I was talking to Vendor-Lazarus [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.1055792-Can-you-please-tell-me-why-they-Ban-me-in-ResetEra-for-posting-a-Game-about-Dating-Helicopters?page=3#24258347]) are self important Fascists who claim to to champion the holy right of having everyone being able to say what's on their mind... and display that right by shouting down anyone who has a different idea than they do and hold the idea of Freedom of Speech as being above reproach themselves.
If you talk about anything else other than the concepts of Political Correctness is Fascism and my point that 'Free Speakers' are their own form of fascism, you have either misunderstood me again or you're ignoring me in favor of what you think I'm suggesting. We can work on understanding with the one side, and on the other... let's just part ways then. There would be no benefit in further communication if we don't try to hear one another.

Eacaraxe_v1legacy

Mar 28, 2010
ObsidianJones said:
I do not care about the ideologues and demagogues as much as you do. I specifically said what my point was twice now.
See, here's the thing. I'm not ignoring you. I just don't care, and I'm completely no-selling your argument because I find your entire frame of reference off-kilter. If you didn't care about ideologues and demagogues, you wouldn't be trying to bend over backwards to say the right wing has ideologues and demagogues, too, which is exactly what you've been doing for three posts. The problem is that you're trying to turn this into a left/right issue when it's actually about authoritarianism. If you're so invested into partisanship you cannot discuss, or tolerate discussion of, authoritarianism outside left/right politics, then indeed there is absolutely no point in continuing this conversation whatsoever.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
hanselthecaretaker said:
What I?m wondering is how the hell helicopters of all things got dragged into this in the first place? Is it because their appearance and near-unlimited mobility lend themselves to being seen as an ultimate trolling apparatus or something?
Because it was the first. Just check knowyourmeme entry for "I Sexually Identify as an Attack Helicopter" to see its origins as copypasta and spam in game chat rooms during arguments on gender identity politics in 2014.

In an unrelated note, this game was made by the same studio who developed "Panzermadels: Tank Dating Simulator", a parody of japanese dating simulators (and a love letter to tanks). That's why I keep wondering about the content of the game itself.

Vendor-Lazarus

Censored by Mods. PM for Taboos
Mar 1, 2009
Smithnikov said:
Vendor-Lazarus said:
Smithnikov said:
Signa said:
Carlin is probably my favorite comedian of all time, and I'm sure you'd put me on the "right wing," correct?
See Above. Yes, very surprised, as he does not have kind words for the right wing.
Maybe because I am not Rightwing, exactly. Not classical in any way.
I'm actually a progressive atheist lefty. I just don't hold with authoritarianism.
I'm progressive on social issues. Mostly.
I'm leaning right/center on economics, but I do want a social democracy. Just not a full-out one.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Vendor-Lazarus said:
Smithnikov said:
Vendor-Lazarus said:
Smithnikov said:
Signa said:
I'm actually a progressive atheist lefty. I just don't hold with authoritarianism.
I'm leaning right/center on economics, but I do want a social democracy. Just not a full-out one.
I don't believe you.

Vendor-Lazarus

Censored by Mods. PM for Taboos
Mar 1, 2009
Saelune said:
Vendor-Lazarus said:
Smithnikov said:
Vendor-Lazarus said:
Smithnikov said:
Signa said:
I don't believe you.
It is what it is, and it is the truth.

The very first time I voted, I voted for the Swedish Left Party, formerly the Communist Party.
I then voted for the Pirate Party.
And now I'll vote for the Swedish Democrats.

I could list my support for gay marriage, women being equal to men, against discrimination, etc, but it would be an awfully long list. And I can only hope that you'll believe it.
Even if you don't, I'll still be a progressive leftist atheist. I'll just call myself alt-right to distance myself from the authoritarian left which have taken over the label. The same as I do with egalitarian instead of feminist.

Gestapo Hunter

Oct 20, 2008
Vendor-Lazarus said:
Saelune said:
Vendor-Lazarus said:
Smithnikov said:
Vendor-Lazarus said:
Smithnikov said:
Signa said:
I don't believe you.
It is what it is, and it is the truth.

The very first time I voted, I voted for the Swedish Left Party, formerly the Communist Party.
I then voted for the Pirate Party.
And now I'll vote for the Swedish Democrats.

I could list my support for gay marriage, women being equal to men, against discrimination, etc, but it would be an awfully long list. And I can only hope that you'll believe it.
Even if you don't, I'll still be a progressive leftist atheist. I'll just call myself alt-right to distance myself from the authoritarian left which have taken over the label. The same as I do with egalitarian instead of feminist.
I get the feeling that some of the left (and most poster on REsetera)have a extreme Black & White view point. If you step out of line or out of their belief zone your automatically labeled as "THE ENEMY!".

Heres the thing you can be very social progressive,but if you have caustic personality and just a complete asshole dont be suprise if people just dont listen to you. Plus i think most poster of resetera are very self centered and are not exactly progressive as they claim to be.

Emanuele Ciriachi

Jun 6, 2013
Because, of course, they are intolerant social regressives. Wasn't it immediately obvious from that mod's avatar/comment?

Mothro

Jun 10, 2017
Samtemdo8 said:
B-Cell said:
Because its reset era. its SJW and feminist site which even ban people if they like certain games.
I thought Resetera was an Anti-SJW/Politically Incorrect website?
No, they were formed when the SJW shit got out of control on NeoGaf and most of the SJW's fled. Something about the NeoGaf's owner being accused of some sexual thing (I don't know the details) and they all jumped ship.

Mothro

Jun 10, 2017
Kyle Gaddo said:
Hi, friends, your CM here.

Good discussion all around, but as people have pointed out, the whole "identifying as an attack helicopter" is definitely some bullshit transphobic meme that's used to invalidate people who are just trying to find their place in the world.

I'm gonna leave the thread open, so hopefully everyone can use this as a learning experience. Please don't let me catch you making jokes at the expense of trans people. Thanks!

...or any of the other countless genders that are everything except attack helicopters? That is what the meme is about, the absurdity of countless genders so people can identify as whatever they want (except obviously attack helicopters). You know what Resetera does? They say 'this is the acceptable opinion and all other opinions are hate speech and will be silenced one way or another'. Is that what the Escapist is these days?

Addendum_Forthcoming

Queen of the Edit
Feb 4, 2009
Mothro said:
...or any of the other countless genders that are everything except attack helicopters? That is what the meme is about, the absurdity of countless genders so people can identify as whatever they want (except obviously attack helicopters). You know what Resetera does? They say 'this is the acceptable opinion and all other opinions are hate speech and will be silenced one way or another'. Is that what the Escapist is these days?
No, it's quite clearly a transphobic meme. Also, it's not about the acceptability of opinions, it's about the metrics of opinion. In the same way if a certifiable idiot uses a buzz term whereas someone actually takes time to construct an argument. If you're willing to just use a buzzterm that obviously comes from a general antipathy towards a group of people, then don't blame people for thinking you're being crass.

In the same way someone uses the term 'SJW' or 'Regressive leftist' and pretend as if it's an opinion, as opposed to just buzzterms that are themselves no less indicative of the tribalism that they themselves are pretending to have an 'opinion' about. Plus, you know ... it's why Mill was more correct than not about the metrics of what speech atually represents.

That being aid, I often have fun with it ... numerous posts here I call myself a 'Social Justice Bard (3.x Ed.)' ...

Mothro

Jun 10, 2017
Addendum_Forthcoming said:
Mothro said:
No, it's quite clearly a transphobic meme. Also, it's not about the acceptability of opinions, it's about the metrics of opinion. In the same way if a certifiable idiot uses a buzz term whereas someone actually takes time to construct an argument. If you're willing to just use a buzzterm that obviously comes from a general antipathy towards a group of people, then don't blame people for thinking you're being crass.

In the same way someone uses the term 'SJW' or 'Regressive leftist' and pretend as if it's an opinion, as opposed to just buzzterms that are themselves no less indicative of the tribalism that they themselves are pretending to have an 'opinion' about.
SJW refers to those on the far left who seek to silence their opposition with terms like 'hate speech' and 'Nazi'. Is it this site's goal to silence those who dare to type out unapproved opinion like Resetera?

Addendum_Forthcoming

Queen of the Edit
Feb 4, 2009
Mothro said:
SJW refers to those on the far left who seek to silence their opposition with terms like 'hate speech' and 'Nazi'. Is it this site's goal to silence those who dare to type out unapproved opinion like Resetera?
That's a lie ... warriors can't cast silence. Social justice bard can.

Mothro

Jun 10, 2017
Addendum_Forthcoming said:
Mothro said:
That's a lie ... warriors can't cast silence. Social justice bard can.
Fine, SJB's.