Can you recommend a good drink?

Mauso88

A Simply Dignified Manly Man.
Feb 3, 2011
Vodka, fresh orange and Galliano a.k.a. Harvey Wallbanger, tastes just like a Terry's Chocolate Orange. Although, I would limit myself to 2 or 3 as they are rather potent.

Failing that, just vodka and fresh orange (more so the vodka) is a perfect way to round off an evening. If you don't want to remember the latter part of said evening. :>

Sovvolf

Mar 23, 2009
Newcastle Brown mixed with Irn Bru... Lovely. I call it the Rusty Iron Castle.

Merkavar

Aug 21, 2010
scotch + Coke

simple

The Drunken Moogle has done it again! Also, check out the Grass-Type and Water-Type cocktails.

Charmander-
1 splash of grenadine
1 oz Fireball Cinnamon Whiskey
.5 oz Bacardi 151
Pour a slash of grenadine into the bottom of a shot glass. Add the Fireball, then top with the Bacardi 151. Light it on fire, then extinguish before drinking.

Charmeleon-
1 spash of grenadine,
1 splash of scotch
1 oz Fireball Cinnamon Whiskey
Fill with ginger ale
Mix all the alcoholic ingredients and then pour over ice in a lowball glass. Top with ginger ale.

Charizard-
2 oz Fireball Cinnamon Whiskey
2 splashes of grenadine
2 splash of scotch
1.5 ounces Bacardi 151
Fill with ginger ale
Mix all of the alcoholic ingredients, pour into a highball glass and top with ginger ale. If you plan on lighting the Charizard on fire, add the Bacardi 151 last, after the ginger ale, on top of everything else. As always, be careful with flames and don?t try to drink flaming cocktails while still on fire! Fire burns people and stuff and faces.

These drinks scream fire, from the cinnamon punch, to the smoky scotch aftertaste. Get your team ready and go hit up Cinnabar Island. This night is for fire!

DaJoW

Aug 17, 2010
Vodka, Cranberry juice(?), Rose's Lime (or similar), and Sprite is pretty nice. Better with Sockerdricka, but that's only availible here in Sweden afaik. The amounts are roughly however much vodka you want, about 1/4 as much Rose's Lime, then fill up with 1/3 Cranberry juice and 2/3 Sprite. Been a while since I made it but think that's right.

Tom Collins is also really nice, there are plenty of recipes for it though. It's good if you want a quick buzz, since you can just up the amount of gin and lemon juice (makes it a bit worse, but still very much drinkable). Can get a bit dangerous if you're not used to drinking though.

warmonkey

Dec 2, 2009
AntonicKnight said:
Look pal, I had drinking problems when I was young so I have a good reason for saying that.
No, you have a good reason to *keep your damn mouth shut*.

Nobody cares. Really. Not a single one of us care about the problems you had in the past. You wanna talk about it? Make a thread. Or mention that people should always be aware that they may have or acquire in the future a drinking problem. That's not what you did, though, is it?

Nope. What did you do? Same thing as all the other teetotalling bastards in this thread. You swoop in with your pithy and dismissive words of condescension. You do nothing but piss in the faces of other people who happen to drink, for no other reason than to make yourself feel better for the choice you have made, and to make them feel bad for the choice that they have made.

Absolutely incredible. I'm glad that not only can you make decisions for others, but also pass moral judgement on those people for the choice they have made, AND ALSO offer absolutely nothing in the way of understanding or compassion for what you clearly believe to be an incorrect choice. Nope. Not you. Not all the other dry wankers posting their one-off, unasked-for comments. All you folk want to do is look at people different than you and remind them that they are trash, and stupid, and failures, and they YOU! You holy few! Are better! Smarter! Wiser! And will always be! Because you have access to hidden knowledge! That DRINKING CAN BE BAD FOR YOU! Gosh! But no, far be it for you to share this enlightenment! No, much better to pass by and spit on anyone who imbibes! Tell the knitting circle about the horrible human refuse you passed on your way over, who dared to drink a beer! What savage, what barbarian, what MONSTER!

To the OP: It's hard to go wrong with the simple ones. I steer clear of the clear liquor -- anyone or anything that tries so hard to be transparent *must* be hiding something sinister. Also, ew. Dark rum and whiskey of any sort that isn't scotch mixes well with coke or ginger ale -- or ginger beer, which is sort of like root beer but spicy (like real ginger). Dark rum for the ginger beer.

As for the liquor, if you can buy something better than the cheapest possible.. you'll be better off. Cheap stuff is for drinking for drunkness, which is much less fun than drinking something that tastes good. I very highly recommend One Barrel Rum if you can find it. It's from Belize. It's pretty cheap. It tastes like liquid brown sugar! Well, with a kick to it, it IS 80 proof. Very good stuff, though, as far as dark rums go.

Johann610

Nov 20, 2009
What I'm going to call the "stupid bowler": 16 oz Icee, shot of cheap vodka. Mix well.

Jodah

Aug 2, 2008
DalekJaas said:
Long Island Ice Tea is pretty good
Its funny, I have one friend who is about equal to me in what/how much we can drink (it is a lot). One of the key differences, however, is with Long Island Iced Tea. He drinks half of one and gets drunk. I can down a couple of them and be perfectly fine. The place we usually went to makes them REALLY strong too.

warmonkey said:
I...I...I think I love you...

sketch_zeppelin

Jan 22, 2010
Dirty Bong Water

?1 oz Chambord Raspberry Liqueur
?1 oz Blue Curacao
?1 oz Amaretto
?1 oz Spiced Rum
?1 oz Sour Mix

It looks disqusting but its delisous. So much so that you'll wonder if it's alcaholic right until the buzz hits you over the head like a hammer.

DAAANtheMAAAN

Sep 5, 2011
Gotta go with the White Russian on this one.

In a tumbler/old fashioned glass with ice...
1 shot of vodka
1 shot of Kaluha
Fill rest up with half and half. Milk can be used, but I don't recommend it. It loses a lot of smoothness without the half and half.

Then take off your pants, put on a bathrobe and enjoy your beverage, man!

jhlip

Feb 17, 2011
Its called a pint of Guinness. You pour a pint of Guinness, then you drink it.

Wheeleybird

Mar 31, 2011
Umm i forget what its called but you get a Double Black Vodka Cruiser, shake out allllll the bubbles, put in a straw and bend the top downwards then tip it upside down so the tip of the straw points up and skull the whole thing. The straw will siphon air to the bottom of the bottle to ensure a smooth flow of deliciousness... Have a bunch of these and you'll definitely do something bad :D

also, there's such thing as TOO much water people so stop suggesting it!

Tiger Sora

Aug 23, 2008
Firstmark_Bannor said:
Irish car bomb
3/4 pint Guinness stout
1/2 shot Bailey's Irish cream
1/2 shot Jameson Irish whiskey
Drop the shots into the beer then chug, if you don't the whole drink will spoil quickly
Ahh yes a wonderful drink, leaves a bad aftertaste for me though.

Cant go wrong with a Dry Martini, ala Hawkeye Pierce (MASH). Bit of a rich mans drink though. Though for Hawkeye it was just his own brewed rotgut gin and an olive no fancy Vermouth. Lol.

4 dashes French vermouth
2 1/2 ounces London dry gin
Pitted olive for garnish
Lemon twist for garnish

^^^ And this is just taking it from the web so please do correct me if I'm wrong.