Canada

Gamblerjoe

Oct 25, 2010
penguindude42 said:
Genericjim101 said:
Don't, they have given the world Justin Bieber and Nickelback, surely this is a good warning D :
Once again, we are very, very, very f*cking sorry.

"enable calefic" No comment... 0______________________0
A heart felt apology was all we ever really needed. Besides, you have to pay for a liter of gas what we pay for a gallon (at least as of the only time I went there.) That's punishment enough.

Also, in the words of George Burns, I would never want to join any club that would have me as a member. That said, ever since I got an OUI in the states (banned from entering Canada for 10 years), Iv wanted to go there like crazy.

And don't forget GSP!

Dags90

Oct 27, 2009
Mr.Tea said:
The thing with Montreal, you see, is that there are basically as many people who speak english as there are who speak french. Seriously, when I order something downtown, I never know whether the person I'm talking to is more comfortable in english or french, but many use them interchangeably anyway.

TL;DR
Montreal is really nice, the rest of Quebec, not so much.
Montreal is a great party city. I try to make it up there at least once a summer. I'd like to visit Western Canada sometime. Only the interesting places though. You'd have to pay me substantially to get me to visit Yukon.

jackalblue3141

Jun 29, 2011
Stay away from Quebec, as mentioned they are the whiney middle child of the Canadian provinces. Ontario is a nice place to live, around Toronto you'll find just about anything you might want. Alberta is a place where just about anyone can find a job, but housing is really expensive and the people are somewhat set in their ways. British Columbia is absolutely beautiful (although, I admit I think all corners of Canada are absolutely beautiful.)

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Avoid Quebec unless you like French immersion.

If you're right-wing politically, stick to Alberta/Saskatchewan, and if not, try elsewhere. If you like cold, try Alberta/Saskatchewan/Manitoba/the Territories, otherwise, try the Maritimes or coastal BC.

I really like it here in Edmonton, but I know lots of people who want to get out. If I was to pick a random place that I'd recommend, I'd say Vancouver, but make sure you've got the cash for it. And stay off East Hastings Street.

TakeyB0y2

A Mistake
Jun 24, 2011
Vancouver is one of the nicest (if not, THE nicest) place to live in Canada, but as someone said before, it's pretty pricey. Toronto is also pretty nice. Calgary's not bad, but good freakin' luck trying to find a job there right now (it also has the most bipolar weather in all of Canada, where sometimes you can experience all four seasons in one day).

Buuut, if you don't want to live in a big city, I suggest any mountain town in BC. Finding a job there could also be a bit tough, but the climate is usually pretty stable there. Plus the nature... THE BEAUTIFUL NATURE! IT BURNS WITH THE FIRE OF A THOUSAND SUNS!

Darkmantle

Oct 30, 2011
Liquid Paradox said:
Genericjim101 said:
Don't, they have given the world Justin Bieber and Nickelback, surely this is a good warning D :
>>Canada Produces two generally disliked artists
>>U.S.A Produces a plethora of generally despised artists
>>Don't move to Canada
>>
>>
>>??

Seriously though, Canada is a great place to live. Better then a lot of other places you could go, and if you ever get homesick, just hit up London Ontario! I'm not kidding... that place is so English it shits the queen. Even has shitty weather ;)
We also gave the world rush.

rush overpowers any shitty artist bad karma,

SkiThePowder

Nov 11, 2011
BloatedGuppy said:
Vancouver is a beautiful place to live and one of the most gorgeous cities in the world (assuming you have a high tolerance for seasonal rain). One of the few cities where you can water ski on a sunny beach and snow ski on a snowy mountain in the same afternoon. We have one of the largest and most celebrated urban parks in the world in Stanley Park. It's a young, west coast city, but as it gets larger and older it's becoming more cosmopolitan (although Toronto is much closer to the "Big City" experience). It frequently ranks in the top three of the most livable cities in the world.

On the downside, Vancouver is a very popular place to live, and cost of living and housing prices are through the roof. We have a significant homeless population/problem. And there's the aforementioned rain (winter in Vancouver can be...depressing). We also like to riot after losing in the Stanley Cup Final.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I haven't been out east for a significant length of time but I love Vancouver and British Colombia in General, in especially if you ski or do any watersports. If you don't mind a smaller city then Kelowna would be a good option. It only has about 110,000 people but it does have a great lake and numerous ski resorts close by with great snow. The small city is located in the Oknagan Valley, which, with the wineries and the lake, looks like a postcard. The climate is also very mild, usually keeping between -10 C and +35 C, and always dry. Every summer it also hosts the "Center of Gravity" event, which is pretty much a huge watersport-oriented party. Live music is also present. It gets pretty grey in the winter, but if your from the UK your probably used to that. there isn't much ethnic food though, especially compared to Vancouver or, say, London.

The cost of living is pretty high in British Colombia though, and house prices in Vancouver are through the roof. Alberta is significantly cheaper, especially in taxes. Like all prairie provinces, it can get really cold.

And about Beiber and Nickel Back:

Genericjim101 said:
Consider it retaliation to America for Rebecca Black and Miley Cirus.

CobraX

Jul 4, 2010
I recommend somewhere In British Columbia - It's the Temperate part of The country and it has what I think is Canada's best city, Vancouver.

Of course I'm biased since I live in BC on Vancouver Island,lol.

NOTE:Only bad thing - Vancouver Real Estate is over priced to hell and back.

PureChaos

Aug 16, 2008
my GOD that's a lot of responses. didn't think so many people would respond so thank you all. i'll be having a look through when i get back from work and seeing where gets a lot of recommendation. Vancouver seems popular so is a possibility, and it don't half look awesome

BloatedGuppy said:

Aurgelmir

WAAAAGH!
Nov 11, 2009
thaluikhain said:
I generally advise people not to take advice from net randoms.
Paradox! AAAAAAA

Should I listen to him or not? NO! Don't answer that its a trap!

As for Canada I hear Vancouver is nice, but I have never been...

Lenderian

Aug 18, 2009
as the second guy says stay away from quebec also stay away from windsor ontario its litterally canadas detroit (as in high crime and whatnot) other then that london ontario more to the north east is a better bet :D *this is just opnion of me you can live where ever you want.

Daveman

has tits and is on fire
Jan 8, 2009
See Spot Run said:
Daveman said:
I went to the West coast and I have to say that Calgary was pretty badass. It's where I'd choose to go.
Calgary is neither "west coast" nor "bad ass".
Dimitriov said:
Daveman said:
I went to the West coast and I have to say that Calgary was pretty badass. It's where I'd choose to go.
Calgary is about a thousand miles from the coast: I have no idea what you are talking about, and, I suspect, neither do you.
Well it's in the western half, that's what I meant, stupidity on my part I guess.