Canadian Sex Ed Game is Weird but Informative

brums405

Nov 18, 2009
Cheesebob said:
It promotes abstinance.

Therefore Bullshit.
Wrong, it promotes abstinence and safe sex. One of the characters is a virgin and believes in abstinence, while the others are either ambiguous or come outright and say they have sex.

Abstinence is not a flawed choice for some people. Unfortunately, the Abstinence Only sex education is incredibly naive and dangerous because it forgoes educating the learners about important issues in sex: condoms and how to sue them, STI information, and it relies primarily on fear rather than information.

Your comment makes me think you didn't make it past the character selection screen.

siffty

Jul 12, 2009
SteakHeart said:
siffty said:
0_0 ....... um

Y'know what's scarier than "Sex Ed City" or whatever?

The fact that I noticed that the background of the ROFLcopter is a slightly lighter shade of white than the Escapist background.

Random, but I just felt like sharing it.
huh it is to i didn't notice it .its like by 2-3 shade's lighter ?

LittleMikey

Renegade
Aug 31, 2009
SteakHeart said:
siffty said:
0_0 ....... um

The fact that I noticed that the background of the ROFLcopter is a slightly lighter shade of white than the Escapist background.

Wow you must have your contrast turned way up, because no matter how close I look I can't see a difference.

geldonyetich

Aug 2, 2006
LittleMikey said:
SteakHeart said:
siffty said:
0_0 ....... um

Wow you must have your contrast turned way up, because no matter how close I look I can't see a difference.
I can, but not when you quote it.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
hilarious, creepy but has good info

CloggedDonkey

Nov 4, 2009
I would talk about this to my sex-ed teacher, but the school I go to thinks that abortion was made by Dr. Satan and his assistant Hitler, condoms and birth control never work ever, and that you shouldn't even talk about how to use a condom. but I won't click the link because there are other people in the room, so I will later.

Zand88

Jan 21, 2009
This thread demonstrates how a lot of the users are little kids who giggle at anything saying "sperm" or "penis."

Deleted

Jul 25, 2009
Here are the bios for all the characters:

Wonder Vag is a virgin, believes in true love and promotes abstinence 'till marriage.
Power: Human lie detector (can tell if a person is lying)
Willy the kid was bullied as a child because he never grew taller than 4 feet, and is now sensitive to others who are different. He joined sex squad to prove size doesn't matter.
Power: Massive rock hard strength.
Power Pap is sexually active and is a strong believer in getting tested regularly. After a close encounter with a horrible STI, she was treated and now dedicates her life to testing and pap tests.
PowerUses x-ray vision to spot infections.
Captain Combon was a scientist who constantly worked in his lab to create the perfect condom, due to a freak accident he is now half condom half man. He spends his spare time handing out free condoms.
Power:Stretches to any size like a condom. When used right its 98% effectie.
[HEADING=2]HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA![/HEADING]

lSHaDoW-FoXl

Jul 17, 2008
Oh dear christ. I regret playing the game, why did I play it? I feel stupid and this entire experience was an odd one. At the same time however I call bull shit on the Pro - Marriage undertones.

'Wonder Vaj believes in abstinence!'

Bull shit. That doesn't mean a rats ass... Sex isn't sacred, so lets not pretend that it is. Sex is sex. I say people just be careful, and be honest. You don't need to be married to have sex and you don't need to be married to love.

Then again that's that other girl that does it a lot and gets tested a lot...hmm....

Meh, I picked wonder vag for lulz and her plans for abstinence were ruined because I purposely answered questions wrong to see what would happen.

jimduckie

Mar 4, 2009
gee i hate that catholic abstinence bullshit , hey just play safe and use protection and have fun

Apr 24, 2009
Wow, that was an amazing game. I think we need a poll to see which character everyone picked.
I went with Willy the Kid (Massive Rock Hard Strength)

Radelaide

May 15, 2008
Logan Westbrook said:
The local Catholic education authority has already banned the game from its schools, and there are likely to be parents and teachers who find the game inappropriate, but personally, I applaud any effort to educate young about sex. Maybe next time make it sound less like a dodgy hentai movie though, eh? You can try Adventures in Sex City for yourself here. [http://www.healthunit.com/sectionList.aspx?sectionID=378]
Why am I not surprised? It doesn't boast abstinence as the only form of contraception. Teaching kids about condoms and the pill is a good thing. Although, 'Wonder Vag'? Srsly?

Danman1

Mar 27, 2009
Logan Westbrook said:
Canadian Sex Ed Game is Weird but Informative

A Canadian health authority has enlisted the help of its target demographic to make an educational videogame about safe sex.

The Sperminator is threatening the city, and only Captain Condom, Power Pap, Willy the Kid, and Wonder Vag, better known as 'The Sex Squad', can stop him from covering the world in his evil sperm.

No, that's not a joke. He also has penis-shaped hands, and that's not a joke either.

Adventures in Sex City is a educational game made by the Middlesex-London Health Unit of London, Ontario in collaboration with a group of 16-20 year olds and the youth mental health organization Mind your Mind [http://www.mingyourmind.ca].

Gameplay is simple, you get asked a bunch of questions about safe sex, and when for every right answer, you deflect one of the Sperminator's 'shots' back at him. Answer enough questions correctly, and the Sperminator will be cured of the sexually transmitted disease he's picked up and the city will be saved. Answer incorrectly and you won't raise your condom shield in time and the Sperminator's shot will hit you, but you'll still get an explanation of the answer.

The local Catholic education authority has already banned the game from its schools, and there are likely to be parents and teachers who find the game inappropriate, but personally, I applaud any effort to educate young about sex. Maybe next time make it sound less like a dodgy hentai movie though, eh? You can try Adventures in Sex City for yourself here. [http://www.healthunit.com/sectionList.aspx?sectionID=378]

Source: GamePro [http://www.gamepro.com/article/news/214018/sex-ed-the-video-game]

Oh those Crazy Japanese and their ...What? Canada? CANADA MADE THIS?...Ok, Canada. You want to be the weirdest culture? Get some tentacles and cute "Hello Kitty" style beavers and come back to me.