Cancel a TV show and renew another

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
Valksy said:
Random Fella said:
Cancel the Cleveland show and renew sparticus (or is that allready coming?)
Spartacus is coming back =) They put the second season on hiatus and made the "Gods of the Arena" prequel because Andy Whitfield, who played Spartacus, has cancer and they tried desperately to make time for him to have treatment. Unfortunately Mr Whitfield is no longer in remission and the role has been/is being recast (with his encouragement).

Gods of the Arena starts on the 21st. The second series of Spartacus is in pre-production and will film in April, screening date unknown.
ah beat me to announcing the news

it's nice that things can move forward, but it's sad cuz I really liked Andy Whitfield (last I saw of him was in that freddiew YouTube video)

Ralen-Sharr

Feb 12, 2010
hard to figure out what I'd kill since there's so much garbage on TV these days

I'd certainly bring back Firefly.

Blizzarded Soul

Jan 27, 2010
bahumat42 said:
ok lets see

to get rid of
glee
america/britains got talent (because we dont have talent)
skins (if its still going, i dont watch channel 4 anymore lol)

come back
dilbert
pushing daisies
boston legal
PUSHING DAISIES, FUCK YES!

Irregular Joe

Dec 8, 2010
Cancel:
The Cleveland Show
X Factor
Two and a Half Men
The Simpsons
Glee

Give me more:
Arrested Development
Invader Zim
Heroes
The Sopranos
King Of The Hill

MADrevilution

Nov 2, 2010
imudkip said:
The rules are simple: tell us a TV show you would like cancelled and another show that you would like renewed.

I'll start. I want to see Glee cancelled and Misfits renewed.

Go.
Misfits is coming back for a 3rd season, misfits is way to popular for it to go anywhere. and for me it would have to be, cancel two and a half men, the last season there was horrible. only funny part was charlie puking on a baby. and then renew The Walking Dead

Faladorian

May 3, 2010
I would renew Firefly, then cancel Firefly. Itd be a nice feeling being the person who canceled that utter trash. Either that, or Battlestar Galactica.

nin_ninja

Nov 12, 2009
SomeLameStuff said:
Cancel Glee...

Bring THIS back!

I was thinking of this show a while ago and couldn't remember its name.

Cancel Cleveland Show and bring back FlashForward. It was well done except for the romance.

Aeriath

Sep 10, 2009
Cursed Frogurt said:
EDIT: Am I the only Terminator fan (seriously, T2 is still my favorite movie ever) that DIDN'T like the Sarah Connor Chronicles? They were really stretching material to turn that world into a TV series. It was so silly. The only thing I liked was the Terminator's vague understanding of human emotions (trying to explain why a person would write a letter to someone that recently died, logically it doesn't make sense but it gives us closure.)
I thought they did a good job with limited material to work with, not too sure about what they did expand on though (they were dropping hints that Terminators could become (at least partially) self-aware, which might be an interesting angle).

As for my votes, cancel The X Factor and perhaps surprisingly Dexter to bring back The Sarah Connor Chronicles and Caprica.

EDIT:
MADrevilution said:
and then renew The Walking Dead
I was under the impression that The Walking Dead was only taking a break, and was picked up for a full 22 epiosdes?

liveslowdiefast

Jan 17, 2010
seriously guys, this thread has been made about a billon times before, notice the search bar in the top right hand corner. not like anyones gonna pay attention though.

Tohru_Readman

Sep 14, 2009
LawlessSquirrel said:
Goodbye, the Simpsons, Season 23, hello Dead Like Me, Season 3!

Or I'll settle for a new season of Invader Zim. Would be easier to hide that the actors have aged.
Right there with you Lawless Squirrel

I would love to see the following cancel:

Any reality television apart from Come Dine With Me, Any UK soap operas and not forgetting Glee.

Bring Back:

Firefly, Dead Like Me, God the Devil and Bob and Tru Calling.

May 5, 2010
Karlosdj86 said:
Cancel; 24, Lost, Glee, Ben 10, the simpsons, the cleveland show

Renew; Firefly, Tom and Jerry and Loony Tunes

I know there's twice as many cancelled there as renewed but then the renewed ones can be twice as long
UH...24 and Lost are no longer on. Haven't been for like a year.

Hmmm.....Let's see

Cancel: Glee.

Renew: Flashforward. It was an OK show.