Canceled Halo MMOG "Was Going to Compete Against WoW"

MetallicaRulez0

Aug 27, 2008
I like Halo as much as the next Xbox fanboy, but there is no way in hell a Halo MMo would ever, EVER come even close to competing with WoW. The Halo fanbase is made-up mostly of shooter fans, which is about as far away from an MMO player as it gets.

Marmooset

Mar 29, 2010
Compete? Sure.
If you're meaning compete as in the way Latvia 'competed' in olympic hockey...

Ashbax

Jan 7, 2009
Baron Khaine said:
*rolls eyes*

Its easy to say it would have beat WoW it when it never came out. Every MMO has been called a WoW Killer recently, and they all failed. This one would have been no different.
Quite true, almost every MMO ive ever heard of has been said that it can "Stand up" to WoW, or even "kill it" but the problem is, WoW just has so much of a head start, that with all the patches, its been refined to near-perfection. Ive tried out some MMO's, and Now ive been settled into WoW for years, always as a fallback when a new MMO disapoints me ;)

I love Halo, and may have tried out a Halo MMO if it looked good, but it would certainly pose problems. Like theres only so much you can do with Halo...what would the classes be? I can think of maybe two, marine and pilot, or something like that.

almostgold

Dec 1, 2009
I hunted down some concept art.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30784486@N04/sets/72157607452469273/

You decide.