Cannon fodder (fantasy superpower rp) (closed, started)

Floris2123

Apr 26, 2011
"if you want, but i think i can find what I'm after"
"I am sure you will find it. The price you pay however might be a bit off. so I will accompany you into the store if you have no problem with that." "thanks, by the way" "Sure it was no problem we are a team right so we might as well work together."
William entered the store after Rias and looked around. So this is what the store looks like huh? And also when will Percy arrive that boy always takes way too long.

hiei82

Dire DM (+2 HD and a rend attack
Aug 10, 2011
While the others waited for their commander to receive his requisition, Claire took the opportunity to check out the produce, checking for freshness, size, and price. They would need lots of food for the journey, so picking the best options seemed only the best. When she came across something that would suffice their needs, she made a mental note of it and moved on.

Turning to the group, she asked "Do any of you have an requested items to keep an eye out for?"

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Rias begun looking around the shop for the things she needed.

she found the ink and journal she wanted quickly enough, took her a bit longer to locate the tent supports she needed, but she found them.

she then poked around for something she could burn, but use more then once, a torch wasn't gonna work for what she had in mind. her search would prove fruitless though, they had torch's sure, but not like she had in mind, she did find medical supply's though.

"Hey, William, was Claire handing the medical supply s, or just asking about them?"

Floris2123

Apr 26, 2011
"Hey, William, was Claire handing the medical supply s, or just asking about them?"
"I think just asking. I mean we didn't make an deal that all of us would look for certain items. I am guessing that everyone buys there own equipment." William looked over to Rias. "why do you ask?"

at that moment Percy entered the store. He quickly ran over to William and gave him a small bag with money in it and a new shield. William smiled at seeing the new shield. "Nothing ever escapes you does it Percy?" Percy also smiled. William said "I have one last favor to ask. Could you please bring me a helmet from the armory?" Percy replied "But of course it would be no problem at Master William. I will return as fast as I can." Percy bowed his head and then left the store with an smile on his face.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
I think just asking. I mean we didn't make an deal that all of us would look for certain items. I am guessing that everybody buys there own equipment." William looked over to Rias. "why do you ask?"

"just wondering, cause there's a pretty good spread of medical supply's here, and I'm pretty much set for that, but i was also thinking of getting more for the others if they weren't getting em" Rias said as the kid came back.

"so .... whats with this 'master' bit?" she asked

Floris2123

Apr 26, 2011
"just wondering, cause there's a pretty good spread of medical supply's here, and I'm pretty much set for that, but i was also thinking of getting more for the others if they weren't getting em"
"Sounds good to me. And even if the rest buys enough medical supplies, having spare supplies is never a bad thing."

"so .... whats with this 'master' bit?" William looked at Rias.
"I don't really now myself. Maybe is has something to do with how long we have known each other. I am an only child and when I was younger Percy lived close by. He was like an little brother to me. The other kids used to pick on him for being small, and I protected him from them. And then when he couldn't find a job I took him into my home and gave him an job as my personal butler. Since then he has been calling me master although I have said he doesn't have to call me that. He still does out of respect."
William smiled and then looked at Rias. "You have no idea who I am do you?" William seemed amused. It makes sense that she doesn't know who I am. I mean I only know about 30% of the families that hold power. And I only know their names because we trade with them.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
"You have no idea who I am do you?"
"nope, but then you don't know who i am ether" she said that last bit with a wink, then paused and shrugged "not that my last name gets me anywhere" Rias said as she started grabbing extra medical supply's "so, a side well, off 'who are you?'"

Floris2123

Apr 26, 2011
"nope, but then you don't know who i am ether" she winked when she said the last part, "not that my last name gets me anywhere. So, a side well, off 'who are you?'"
William smiled at her wink. "Well as I said before my name is William Phoenix, as in one of the 2 leaders of the Phoenix trade company one of the biggest trade companies in the world. And one of the few who is owned by humans." William walked over to her.
"I told you who I am, so now it's your turn to tell me who you are." William smiled at her, and then started grabbing the medical supplies he still needed for their journey.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Rias was visibly surprised "so your 'THAT' William eh" she said, clearly impressed, " well you've probably gotten some of my money in the past then"

"I told you who I am, so now it's your turn to tell me who you are."
Rias recoiled a little at that, but then she did set her self up for it "Rias Michelle DeDannan, daughter of the DeDannan family, technically anyway" she said with a polite curtsy "i am, how ever, more common known by my 'stage name'" her pride starting to well up a bit "the Crimson Princes of Marcus Cole's traveling performance trope" she said beaming."you've probably heard of or seen them, they're quiet famous"

Floris2123

Apr 26, 2011
"so your 'THAT' William eh" she said, clearly impressed, " well you've probably gotten some of my money in the past then"
William was brimming with pride as he was recognized. "There is a good change I have gotten some of your money in the past yes. As well as in the foreseeable future." he then whispered. I own this shop you know.

"Rias Michelle DeDannan, daughter of the DeDannan family, technically anyway, i am, how ever, more common known by my 'stage name' the Crimson Princes of Marcus Cole's traveling performance trope" she said beaming."you've probably heard of or seen them, they're quiet famous" William did a step back and looked at her thinking back if he had met her before. Then his eyes opened and an smile appeared on his face. "Yes I remember it was 2 years ago I believe. I saw you dance when I was traveling back to my house from a business trip. You are one of the dancers right?" William looked at her with an bright smile remembering back to that day.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Rias beamed with pride " i was, i also sang, but i left the trope 5 years ago though, so that night 2 years ago was a 'one night only' thing" she said, closing her eyes, and thinking back to that last performance "felt good being back on stage and hearing every one cheering for me. i plan on going back after all this, and i know daddy would love to have me back"

Floris2123

Apr 26, 2011
" i was, i also sang, but i left the trope 5 years ago though, so that night 2 years ago was a 'one night only' thing" she said, closing her eyes"felt good being back on stage and hearing every one cheering for me. i plan on going back after all this, and i know daddy would love to have me back"
"Well I am happy to hear that you are following your dreams. And I am also happy that I was lucky enough to catch your performance especially since it was a one time thing." William smiled at Rias, while grabbing the last of the supplies he needed.
"And you said you also sing? Would you mind singing a song for me? I have seen your excellent dancing performance so, I am really interested in hearing you sing." William smiled with his most charming smile at her, hoping to convince her to sing a song.

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
Bom noticed the others must have started chatting whilst he was gone. When he got back, he kept an ear on the discussion, and managed to catch up with it.
"...I am really interested in hearing you sing." Bom wasn't. It was nothing personal.
"Why do humans make all that noise?" He said.
He was thinking out loud, but realising that the others had heard him, he went on.
"Singing, that is, Mr Phoenix, Ms. DeDannan. Why do humans sing?"

As Bom waited for an answer, he looked about for anyone that might be selling a dress cane. Plenty of the stalls had them, made in all manner of materials and styles, but none were quite to Bom's taste or stature. As they walked and talked, Bom would occasionally grab a walking stick and bash it against the stall. None of the sticks fulfilled whatever criteria Bom was testing them for, and he would just put them back, shaking his head in irritation. Bom was unfazed by the protests of the stall owners. He was on a mission, and he was going to take things very seriously.

drmigit2

Dec 25, 2008
As Fromanzio stood in wait, the man who gave away the chest of bombs came to him. He ushered him out of the stalls and in a private alley. Fromanzio was confused, he was already on a mission, another one would prove inconvenient. "Yes? What do you require from Fromanzio? The boss is aware he sent Fromanzio on a mission already?" The man chuckled and said morosely, "The boss looked at your group. He had already been hired by a rival trading group to kill a certain owner of the Phoenix Trade company. One, William Phoenix. Once you clear up the trade routes, you are to kill William. I know you don't care, but the reward you get for this is ten thousand gold. A lot for a simple trader but this might elevate our client to the most prominent trader and he wants it done right."

Fromanzio held back a laugh, no need to put a spectacle. "Ohhhhhh my. That makes things so much more interesting! Thank you for the news." Fromanzio headed back in wait for his group. Seems another objective has been added. How interesting! Could just make him collateral in an attack, but what fun would that be? Fromanzio wants to see the look on his face as Fromanzio betrays him.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
"Well I am happy to hear that you are following your dreams."

this sentence brought Rias down some what ".... not really .... i preformed cause i was good at it, and, it was one of the ways i could help out" she said, then shook off her 'low' feeling " don't get me wrong, i loved it, still do, but .... it was never my dream growing up, i don't really have any 'dreams to follow'" looking over a bottle filled with an antidote of some kind before she heard Mr Bom.

"Why do ponies make all that noise? Singing, that is, Mr Phoenix, Ms. DeDannan. Why do human sing?"

Rias thought about it a few moments "depends, some sing to tell tales, others, like me, sing for entertainment." she said, her mood picking up a little and elbowing William teasingly "should a heard the song i sang for at the wedding for James, a different James, clearly, and Miranda, two other performers in the trope" giggling a little "Heather, who's closest things to a sister i have, said they still sing it now and then to cause the crowd loves how odd it is"

hiei82

Dire DM (+2 HD and a rend attack
Aug 10, 2011
Claire grabbed the last of her needed supplies (at least in terms of food), and payed for them from the small purse of coins at her hip. It was hardly expensive - at least for her - but she had little desire to do the rest of the shopping by herself, she she returned to the group.

"Heather, who's closest things to a sister i have, said they still sing it now and then to cause the crowd loves how odd it is" Mildly confused, she spoke up once more. "What's this about singing?"

Floris2123

Apr 26, 2011
".... not really .... i preformed cause i was good at it, and, it was one of the ways i could help out, don't get me wrong, i loved it, still do, but .... it was never my dream growing up, i don't really have any 'dreams to follow'"
"Oh well.. at least you found something you like to do which is just as good." William gave her a reassuring smile afraid that he might have said something that he shouldn't have said. Then mr. Brom entered the store.

"Why do humans make all that noise? Singing, that is, Mr Phoenix, Ms. DeDannan. Why do human sing?"
"depends, some sing to tell tales, others, like me, sing for entertainment." she gave William a teasing elbow.
Heather, who's closest things to a sister i have, said they still sing it now and then to cause the crowd loves how odd it is"
"Well it sounds like you some real talent for signing as well as dancing." William smiled at her happy to see her mood improving.
"But to answer you question mr. Brom we sing for allot of reasons the same reason we talk actually. We sing to amuse people or to show how we feel or as Rias said to tell tales of long ago. Did you know that before we started writing down history, history was being told through songs. Because they are easy to remember." William paused for a moment and then continued. "Anyway do your people never sing mr. Brom?" William looked at mr. Brom with an curious look. I guess our cultures are really different.

"What's this about singing?" William turned around to see Claire standing there.
"Well Rias is an famous singer so we were just talking about her profession. So that is why the subject singing came up in our discussion." William grabbed a few torches of an shelf and began inspecting them. They look quite good.

Pappytech

Invested all my Souls into Res
Jun 7, 2011
"Well Rias is an famous singer so we were just talking about her profession. So that is why the subject singing came up in our discussion."

A part of James' mind dimly registered the others' conversation. It was interesting to be sure, but he retained his usual silence as he examined the shop's various wares. He may have been an experienced traveler, but James possessed little knowledge in the way of the finer arts; singing, other forms of musical expression, stories, anything like that often left him confused and irate.

Still, he was glad he had tagged along. His pack was once more full of vital supplies and thanks of William's offer his purse was still just as heavy. A decent selection of traveling food and a small assortment of spices filled most of the backpack, and other pockets were stuffed full with a new, less-ragged blanket, several rolls of cloth bandages, and various other bits of basic supplies.

A bit more browsing around, and he'd likely have just about everything he'd need for the upcoming journey.

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
"Anyway do your people never sing mr. Brom?"

"We talk, that's all. We don't keep history. If it can't be written or said, it is easily forgotten."

Bom turned his thoughts to the big bundle under his arm and the sacks on his back. He had everything he needed, minus one cane. He'll have to leave it.

"Uh, that's everything. Has everyone got what we need? The sooner we find ponies to dump this gear on, the better."

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
"Well Rias is an famous singer"

"and dancer" Rias chimed in. she took great pride in the fame she had, it was only right, given all the work she put into getting where she was.

"anyway, i just need to resupply on food and I'm set" she said putting her items on the counter