Cannon fodder (fantasy superpower rp) (closed, started)

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
Alright, I'll give it a try: [EDITED]
name: "Mr." Bom

race: Yama

appearance: Tall, broad and awkward looking. Clumsy, yet confident in movement. He has a set of gold-pierced barbels, hanging down either side of his mouth, like a mustache. His skin is a mottled brown. He dresses in what were once fine human clothes, now ill-fitting, ragged and patchwork.

personality: Back home, Bom is something of a town character. Though a decent docker, Bom aspires to be a gentleman thief. Unfortunately, Bom is big and not very bright, so he lacks the delicate touch or subtlety of a real sneak. Consequently, he is often getting into trouble, bungling burglary after burglary through a mixture of of clumsiness and poor decisions.

Bom has a tendency to misunderstand the situations he is in, and likes to leap before he looks. He thinks he's far smarter than he actually is, and that his "mis-underappreciated" intelligence is a great burden for him to bear. This lethal combination of arrogance, clumsiness and stupidity can be a liability, but when kept in check, Bom's genuine skills can make him a useful asset to the team.

skills: Bom's line of work has left him very strong. He is fearless and resolved, daring to walk headlong into things that would terrify his (smarter) compatriots. He has some basic seamanship and nautical experience, typical of his culture. He also has abnormally high endurance, leading some to speculate that he is too stupid to know when he is hurt.

history: Bom was raised well, but managed to lose nearly everything to cheats and cynical types. Feeling somewhat disrespected by the community, Bom became besotted with the image of the gentlemanly thief. This is reflected in his love for all things "high culture", causing him to spend what little money he has on human books, clothes and board games. Bom always keeps a collapsible chess board on his person - just don't expect him to know all the "fiddly rules".

stats: 34 points - lots of room to grow.

ingenuity 2/10
strength 8/10
speed 6/10
charisma 2/10
intelligence 2/10
agility 3/10
perception 2/10
endurance 9/10

Main power: Earth Dredger: a power to bring things back to life. This power is non-discriminating, meaning it will bring back everything that died in the area, including, at the power's highest level, prehistoric trees and ancient fossils.

LEVEL 1: Can bring back to life, all dead insects, grass and fungi in a wide area (10 yard radius). As Bom isn't keen on concentrating, this power can trigger accidentally.

LEVEL 2: Can bring back all the dead rodents and plants, and anything smaller, over a wider area (12 yards). Requires more concentration on Bom's part.

LEVEL 3: Can bring back anything as large as dogs, shrubs, etc over a wider area (14 yards).

LEVEL 4: Can bring back dead humans (in whatever state of decay). Assuming there are dead people in the area, they will rise and fight for Bom, with varying degrees of skill (based on state of decay/fragmentation).

LEVEL 5: Can bring back any and all dead creatures over a wide area (15 yards). These undead are reguvinated, giving them greater strength and intelligence. As this power can also cause petrified trees to sprout out of the ground, there is an element of risk to its use.

Other: Be sure to call him "Mr." He likes human honorifics. If push comes to shove, he'll fight using either his bare hands, or a lead pipe he carries for the purpose.

nuba km

Jun 7, 2010
maninahat said:
Alright, I'll give it a try:

appearance: Tall, pale and awkward looking. Clumsy, yet confident in movement. Dresses in what were once fine clothes (intended for humans), but are now ill-fitting, ragged and patchwork.

personality: Back home, Bom is something of a town character. Though he shows some promise as a highly talented necromancer, Bom's naivety and general lack of intelligence makes his life hard. He is generally likeable, and aspires to do the honest, right action when given the chance. He does have a tendency to misunderstand the situations he is in, and likes to leap before he looks. He thinks he's far smarter than he actually is, and that his "mis-underappreciated" intelligence is a great burden for him to bear. His lethal combination of arrogance and stupidity can be a liability, but when kept in check, he is an extremely useful asset to the team.

skills: As mentioned, a talented necromancer who can manage most procedures without much difficulty. He is fearless and resolved, daring to walk headlong into things that would terrify his (smarter) compatriots. He has some basic seamanship and nautical experience, typical of his culture. He also has abnormally high endurance, leading some to speculate that he is too stupid to know when he is hurt.

history: Bom was raised well, but managed to lose nearly everything to cheats and cynical types. Feeling somewhat disrespected by the community, Bom takes to "high culture", and likes spending what little money he has on human books, clothes and board games. As such, he often keeps a collapsable chess board on his person - just don't expect him to know all the "fiddly rules".

stats: 33 points - lots of room to grow.

ingenuity 2/10
strength 7/10
speed 6/10
charisma 2/10
intelligence 2/10
agility 3/10
perception 2/10
endurance 9/10

Main power: Earth Dredging Necromancy

LEVEL 1: Can summon up all the undead insects, moss and fungi in a wide area (10 yard radius). As Bom isn't keen on concentrating, this can occur accidentally.

LEVEL 2: Can summon up all the undead rodents and plants, over a wider area (12 yards). Requires more concentration on Bom's part.

LEVEL 3: Can summon up all undead dogs, cats, shrubs, etc. over a wider area (14 yards).

LEVEL 4: Can summon up all undead Humans (in whatever state of decay) to do his bidding, over a wide area (15 yards). Assuming there are dead people in the area, they will rise and fight for Bom, with varying degrees of skill (based on state of decay/fragmentation).

LEVEL 5: Can summon up all undead over a wide area (15 yards). These undead are reguvinated, giving them greater strength and intelligence. The power can be also used to sprout petrified trees out of the ground, meaning there is an element of risk to its use (the power won't discriminate between types of "undead".)

Other: Be sure to call him "Mr." He likes human honorifics. If push comes to shove, he'll fight using either his bare hands, or a small oak warclub. He tends to use these more than his considerable necromancy magic.
one major problem with you sheet, this is a group of enhanced beings not magic users, the magic users that aren't part of the war are the busy taking turns helping with the shield spell, also magic takes time to progress so it doesn't go up in stages and any necromancer more powerful then you could turn your magic against you.

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
nuba km said:
maninahat said:

appearance: Tall, pale and awkward looking. Clumsy, yet confident in movement. Dresses in what were once fine clothes (intended for humans), but are now ill-fitting, ragged and patchwork.

personality: Back home, Bom is something of a town character. Though he shows some promise as a highly talented necromancer, Bom's naivety and general lack of intelligence makes his life hard. He is generally likeable, and aspires to do the honest, right action when given the chance. He does have a tendency to misunderstand the situations he is in, and likes to leap before he looks. He thinks he's far smarter than he actually is, and that his "mis-underappreciated" intelligence is a great burden for him to bear. His lethal combination of arrogance and stupidity can be a liability, but when kept in check, he is an extremely useful asset to the team.

skills: As mentioned, a talented necromancer who can manage most procedures without much difficulty. He is fearless and resolved, daring to walk headlong into things that would terrify his (smarter) compatriots. He has some basic seamanship and nautical experience, typical of his culture. He also has abnormally high endurance, leading some to speculate that he is too stupid to know when he is hurt.

history: Bom was raised well, but managed to lose nearly everything to cheats and cynical types. Feeling somewhat disrespected by the community, Bom takes to "high culture", and likes spending what little money he has on human books, clothes and board games. As such, he often keeps a collapsable chess board on his person - just don't expect him to know all the "fiddly rules".

ingenuity 2/10
strength 7/10
speed 6/10
charisma 2/10
intelligence 2/10
agility 3/10
perception 2/10
endurance 9/10

LEVEL 1: Can summon up all the undead insects, moss and fungi in a wide area (10 yard radius). As Bom isn't keen on concentrating, this can occur accidentally.

LEVEL 2: Can summon up all the undead rodents and plants, over a wider area (12 yards). Requires more concentration on Bom's part.

LEVEL 3: Can summon up all undead dogs, cats, shrubs, etc. over a wider area (14 yards).

LEVEL 4: Can summon up all undead Humans (in whatever state of decay) to do his bidding, over a wide area (15 yards). Assuming there are dead people in the area, they will rise and fight for Bom, with varying degrees of skill (based on state of decay/fragmentation).

LEVEL 5: Can summon up everything over a wide area (15 yards). These undead are reguvinated, giving them greater strength and intelligence. As this power can cause petrified trees to sprout out of the ground, there is an element of risk to its use (the power won't discriminate between types of "undead".)

Other: Be sure to call him "Mr." He likes human honorifics. If push comes to shove, he'll fight using either his bare hands, or a small oak warclub. He tends to use these more than his considerable necromancy magic.
one major problem with you sheet, this is a group of enhanced beings not magic users, the magic users that aren't part of the war are the busy taking turns helping with the shield spell, also magic takes time to progress so it doesn't go up in stages and any necromancer more powerful then you could turn your magic against you.
I'm confused. I thought our "enhanced beings" could use magic as well as powers? Does that mean none of the enhanced beings should be magically orientated? no wizard type classes?

nuba km

Jun 7, 2010
maninahat said:
nuba km said:
maninahat said:

ingenuity 2/10
strength 7/10
speed 6/10
charisma 2/10
intelligence 2/10
agility 3/10
perception 2/10
endurance 9/10

LEVEL 5: Can summon up everything over a wide area (15 yards). These undead are reguvinated, giving them greater strength and intelligence. As this power can cause petrified trees to sprout out of the ground, there is an element of risk to its use (the power won't discriminate between types of "undead".)

I'm confused. I thought our "enhanced beings" could use magic as well as powers? Does that mean none of the enhanced beings should be magically orientated? no wizard type classes?
I forgot to mention that enhanced beings can't learn magic, when I realised this mistake earlier today I just thought no one would make a character with both magic powers and super powers, I mean you can keep the same ability but just it won't be necromancy it would be your power, I mean you can have a somewhat more powerful ability as your character is pretty weak stat wise. You could also create a new character now that you know this and if you decide to make a character who has studied magic for what ever reason there will be some info about magic I will need to pm you.

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
nuba km said:
maninahat said:
nuba km said:
maninahat said:

ingenuity 2/10
strength 7/10
speed 6/10
charisma 2/10
intelligence 2/10
agility 3/10
perception 2/10
endurance 9/10

I forgot to mention that enhanced beings can't learn magic, when I realised this mistake earlier today I just thought no one would make a character with both magic powers and super powers, I mean you can keep the same ability but just it won't be necromancy it would be your power, I mean you can have a somewhat more powerful ability as your character is pretty weak stat wise. You could also create a new character now that you know this and if you decide to make a character who has studied magic for what ever reason there will be some info about magic I will need to pm you.
That puts a spanner in the works. I'll strip out the magic elements from the character, and make him into an idiot strongman type. I'm not too concerned about him having low stats - I figured it would be more interesting, story wise, to have less capable characters coming along for the ride.

nuba km

Jun 7, 2010
maninahat said:
nuba km said:
maninahat said:
nuba km said:
maninahat said:

ingenuity 2/10
strength 7/10
speed 6/10
charisma 2/10
intelligence 2/10
agility 3/10
perception 2/10
endurance 9/10

That puts a spanner in the works. I'll strip out the magic elements from the character, and make him into an idiot strongman type. I'm not too concerned about him having low stats - I figured it would be more interesting, story wise, to have less capable characters coming along for the ride.
well sent me a message when you are finished editing the sheet.
EDIT: never mind

nuba km

Jun 7, 2010
maninahat said:

appearance: Tall, pale and awkward looking. Clumsy, yet confident in movement. Dresses in what were once fine clothes (intended for humans), now ill-fitting, ragged and patchwork.

personality: Back home, Bom is something of a town character. Though he has all the makings of a skilled docker, Bom aspires to be a gentleman thief. Unfortunately, Bom is big and not very bright, so he lacks the delicate touch or subtlety of a real sneak. Consequently, he often getting into trouble, bungling burglary after burglary through a mixture of of clumsiness and poor decisions.

Bom has a tendency to misunderstand the situations he is in, and likes to leap before he looks. He thinks he's far smarter than he actually is, and that his "mis-underappreciated" intelligence is a great burden for him to bear. His lethal combination of arrogance, clumsiness and stupidity can be a liability, but when kept in check, his genuine skills can make him a useful asset to the team.

skills: As mentioned, he is very strong. He is fearless and resolved, daring to walk headlong into things that would terrify his (smarter) compatriots. He has some basic seamanship and nautical experience, typical of his culture. He also has abnormally high endurance, leading some to speculate that he is too stupid to know when he is hurt.

history: Bom was raised well, but managed to lose nearly everything to cheats and cynical types. Feeling somewhat disrespected by the community, Bom became besotted with the image of the gentlemanly thief. This is reflected in his love for all things "high culture", causing him to spend what little money he has on human books, clothes and board games. Bom always keeps a collapsible chess board on his person - just don't expect him to know all the "fiddly rules".

ingenuity 2/10
strength 8/10
speed 6/10
charisma 2/10
intelligence 2/10
agility 3/10
perception 2/10
endurance 9/10

Main power: Earth Dredger: a power to bring things back to life. This power is non-discriminating, meaning it will bring back everything that died in the area, including, at the power's highest level, prehistoric trees and ancient fossils.

LEVEL 1: Can bring back to life, all dead insects, grass and fungi in a wide area (10 yard radius). As Bom isn't keen on concentrating, this power can trigger accidentally.

LEVEL 2: Can bring back all the dead rodents and plants, and anything smaller, over a wider area (12 yards). Requires more concentration on Bom's part.

LEVEL 3: Can bring back anything as large as dogs, shrubs, etc over a wider area (14 yards).

LEVEL 4: Can bring back dead humans (in whatever state of decay). Assuming there are dead people in the area, they will rise and fight for Bom, with varying degrees of skill (based on state of decay/fragmentation).

LEVEL 5: Can bring back any and all dead creatures over a wide area (15 yards). These undead are reguvinated, giving them greater strength and intelligence. As this power can also cause petrified trees to sprout out of the ground, there is an element of risk to its use.

Other: Be sure to call him "Mr." He likes human honorifics. If push comes to shove, he'll fight using either his bare hands, or a lead pipe he carries for the purpose.
OK just making one thing clear unless a plant was previously able to move your power can't make it move, but don't worry there will be killer plants, especially once we get to abumot were you can find just about anything dead.

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
nuba km said:
maninahat said:

appearance: Tall, pale and awkward looking. Clumsy, yet confident in movement. Dresses in what were once fine clothes (intended for humans), now ill-fitting, ragged and patchwork.

personality: Back home, Bom is something of a town character. Though he has all the makings of a skilled docker, Bom aspires to be a gentleman thief. Unfortunately, Bom is big and not very bright, so he lacks the delicate touch or subtlety of a real sneak. Consequently, he often getting into trouble, bungling burglary after burglary through a mixture of of clumsiness and poor decisions.

Bom has a tendency to misunderstand the situations he is in, and likes to leap before he looks. He thinks he's far smarter than he actually is, and that his "mis-underappreciated" intelligence is a great burden for him to bear. His lethal combination of arrogance, clumsiness and stupidity can be a liability, but when kept in check, his genuine skills can make him a useful asset to the team.

skills: As mentioned, he is very strong. He is fearless and resolved, daring to walk headlong into things that would terrify his (smarter) compatriots. He has some basic seamanship and nautical experience, typical of his culture. He also has abnormally high endurance, leading some to speculate that he is too stupid to know when he is hurt.

ingenuity 2/10
strength 8/10
speed 6/10
charisma 2/10
intelligence 2/10
agility 3/10
perception 2/10
endurance 9/10

OK just making one thing clear unless a plant was previously able to move your power can't make it move, but don't worry there will be killer plants, especially once we get to abumot were you can find just about anything dead.
That's fine. I wanted the power to have a degree of randomness to it, making it a potential liability as well as a benefit. A small jungle appearing in the middle of a street could be inconvenient for everyone, but might have some alternate uses for the imaginative.

nuba km

Jun 7, 2010
Xero Scythe said:
Evrant said:
you have 24hours to come up with a character sheet if your are still interested.

hiei82 said:
unless said otherwise in the next 24 hours I presume that the stage 5 limit for the general direction and distance is just you can't teleport things into a living thing as that all I need for the power not to be classified OP.

drmigit2

Dec 25, 2008
Ok, so what are the tech limits for humans? I was considering making a mage hunter character but I need to know the tech available.

nuba km

Jun 7, 2010
drmigit2 said:
Ok, so what are the tech limits for humans? I was considering making a mage hunter character but I need to know the tech available.
crossbows are in very limited supply only the rich, military and black market has them. Same is true for assasin creed like bombs (i.e. pirate bombs scaled down).

nuba km

Jun 7, 2010
Redryhno said:
So...late Renaissance period tech?
for rich humans, human military and black market yes for other races they don't even have crossbows (but they have the superior magic and numbers by far).

ecoho

Jun 16, 2010
nuba km said:
drmigit2 said:
crossbows are in very limited supply only the rich, military and black market has them. Same is true for assasin creed like bombs (i.e. pirate bombs scaled down).
ok im very interested in this RP but id like you to clearify a few things for me first if thats ok.

1. do we have our skills from the start or do we learn them over time?
2. by medevil time period are we talking the same timeline for other countires or just europe?(mostly woundering about Japan that eara items being able to be used)

nuba km

Jun 7, 2010
ecoho said:
nuba km said:
drmigit2 said:
ok im very interested in this RP but id like you to clearify a few things for me first if thats ok.

1. do we have our skills from the start or do we learn them over time?
2. by medevil time period are we talking the same timeline for other countires or just europe?(mostly woundering about Japan that eara items being able to be used)
we are talking Europe as I am not familiar with the medieval tech of other parts of the world. though their are other countries in this world, though anyone form those countries being in human territory or any of their tech to be their would be extremely rare. If you want some samurai style armour or weapons you could have gotten them at a very high prize(unless your character is made of gold they would have needed to steal it) form a merchant but unless it is necessary for your character I would like you to just stay with European.

EDIT: to answer you first question your power is unlocked as we go along

drmigit2

Dec 25, 2008
name: Fromanzio

race: Human

appearance: A thin human, about 6 ft, dressed entirely in green. His hat is the normal jester's hat with black streaks spawning from the middle and going to the tops. The bells on the ends still ring whenever he moves, though he can silence them if needed. Around his waist is a pouch full of bombs and explosives. It can go off if hit hard enough, or with magic but he usually empties it before any of that occurs. His knives are stored in a variety of places, some of which nobody wants to know. His face is clean entirely except his eyes, one of which is brown while the other is blue. His hair is a light brown, though it is rarely ever visible.

personality: While Fromanzio is not entirely insane, he acts like it to drive fear in his enemies. With friends or companions, he will speak in an unstable method and people just don't like being around him unless they have to be. His sadistic personality goes off the wall towards mages and he has arsonistic tendancies. He loves to "watch the fire dance" as he says.

skills: Knives, bombs and fire. He is skilled at aiming and throwing bombs, can light basically anything on fire and is amazingly skilled with knives, to the point where if he actually has to do entertainment work, he relies on a mix of fire and knife tricks to get by.

history: When Fromanzio was 17, his house was stormed by an assortment of magi, for what reason he has no idea. When his parents saw them in the distance, they told him and his two brothers to run as fast as humanly possible. As they ran, all three saw the house burning and the magi catching up. One of his brothers did not make it, though his fighting caused enough of a distraction for Fromanzio to escape as well as his other brother in different directions. It was then that Fromanzio discovered his power. He escaped by jumping clean over a cliff. The only item he had to remember his family was a doll owned by his mother. A harlequin. The trauma that day caused made him forget everything about his past except snippits including his own name. With the doll as his only guidance, he donned his own jester's costume and named himself Fromanzio. The only people who would take him in were part of a gang affiliated heavily with the black market. It was with them that he learned his trade and it is said that if one hears the bells in their own house, death is to be the only song sang.

stats: 49/56 Fromanzio is not a defencive based fighter. He is very fast and agile however, with a great perception and an unmatched endurance. His charisma and ingenuity were both marred by the incident and he prefers to just blow things up and set them on fire rather than talk his way through a building. His intelligence is above average however, which is how he aquired the knowledge to make Greek Fire bombs.

ingenuity 2
strength 3
speed 10
charisma 2
intelligence 5
agility 10
perception 7
endurance 10

Main power: Fromanzio is able to jump obscenely high and prefers jumping to runing. This has made him nearly impossible to escape from.
stage 1: Fromanzio can jump over a five meter distance and falls don't hurt as bad.
stage 2: Fromanzio can now jump over 10m and falling wont hurt him in the least.
stage 3: Fromanzio can jump and even glide now, able to slow himself down and at low altitudes can float. (up to 10 m high)
stage 4: Unrestricted flying for about thirty minutes at most. Top speed is about 20 mph.

Other: His brother is still looking for him, and has joined the army and become a high ranking officer.

hiei82

Dire DM (+2 HD and a rend attack
Aug 10, 2011
Okay, made the final change. I said I must still have a reasonable idea of what the destination looks like to open a rift there. Since this is a middle-ages game, the field of biology is a few centuries away from existence so I Claire has no idea what a brain is, much less what the inside it looks like (the same is true of all vital organs)

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
i have a few questions.

1)stats, i get how some work, but what dose ingenuity effect? actually, a better explanation of what all the stats do would help

2)what about multiple 'power sets'? since most super powered beings actually have several 'sets' they pull from