Cannon fodder (fantasy superpower rp) (closed, started)

nuba km

Jun 7, 2010
Has the group entered the arena one by one they saw the general standing on top of a large gate, there were two other men with him that stood next to the rope pulley used to open the gate. The arena was in tatters, clearly they were one of the last groups, if not the last group to be trained here, to those with a good eye could see parts of organs inside the puddles of blood. The arena also had torches along the outside, some still lit and others burned out 'Normally I would let you decide who you are going to face, but we only have one fellah left, but he is quite the fighter' the general said to the group 'raise the gate' the general said to the two men, 'are you sure?' one of them asked 'yes of course I am' the general barked at the man. The gate slowly started opening, once open nothing happened.
emerge out of the gate, its head was like an angler fish though the size of a man, its neck like the body of an anaconda, it body of commodo dragon but at least 4 times the size, its legs were like that of a dragon and its tail was that of a crocodile. It quickly and messily devoured the cow and now set its eyes a pun the group.

1. if you character was going to take any item just post about that in a paragraph before you talk about entering the arena.

2. This is going to be a boss battle so you character can get seriously injured, though of course there will be a shaman to heal you at the end of this and if anyone is about to die the general and his men will step in to take care of this creature.

3. unless previously mentioned to you I will not name any creature you encounter until you kill it, anything the creature is able to do will be informed to you once they have done it though once dead any unmentioned ability will have a ? next to it.

4. good luck

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Rias found her self a helm she liked, and after tucking her hair into it took a quick stock of the four bottles she had. she hadn't refilled them and two where empty, which she quick remedied by walking over to two of the torches, using her power to convert them both in to a blood red 'mist' she willed into the empty bottles, then headed to the arena.

as she entered the arena so looked around, taking note of where the torches where and which where still burning, she also took note of the blood on the ground that the bits of flesh in some of them "lovely, i knew today was going to be bad ....." she grumbled to her self before turning her attention to the General, and the creature that came from its pen. it sicked her a little but she made note of how the creature attacked its prey and popped the lids on her bottles to make ready for the creatures advance

Pappytech

Invested all my Souls into Res
Jun 7, 2011
"...Well, ain't you just the ugliest sonovabitch I've ever seen."

It was a testament to James' utter disregard for, well, everything, that he stood before the monstrosity without batting an eye. The thug's deadpan gaze never wavered as he stared at the chimeric creature, drinking in its massive size, lethal extremities, and the horrific odor that poured from its bloody maw.

With a sigh, James began to clench his empty hands, the familiar motion helping him to focus. He had elected to ignore Phoenix's advice, neglecting to bring anything from the armory they had just left. The vagabond had never needed to trust in gear, weapons, or armor before, and he had no intention of starting now.

Crack

The earsplitting snap of popping knuckles echoed around the battle-torn arena, as James slowly and methodically cracked every joint his fists had to offer. Cautiously walking forward, the fighter spoke, addressing his new, reluctant, comrades. "Not gonna lie, I don't trust any of you lot. Hell, I don't think I even like half of you.

"At the same time, it'd be a pretty sad story, ending up as this guy's dinner. I'm not exactly great at the whole 'planning' thing, so if anyone has any ideas that don't involve dying, I'm all ears."

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
Bom looked over the assortment of arms and armour. A real gentleman would never need any of this, he thought. Having no idea how to wield most of these things, it was just as well. Bom delicately removed his precious hat and battered, rotting tail coat, and placed them to one side. Now he was ready.

Bom swaggered into the arena, lead cane in hand. He trod in some offal on the way in, but didn't mind it much. It's just a man's guts. Who hasn't seen them before?. As soon as he saw the cow, he immediately raised the pipe in self-defence.

"Is that our foe?" he asked in all earnestness.

Before he could think on this further, a colossal beast steps forward and crushed the cow in its jaws.

"Oooooh."

Floris2123

Apr 26, 2011
William stood there waiting he saw that Rias had followed his advice and grabbed an helmet.
He also saw that James hadn't listened and he was standing there cracking his knuckles as loud as possible.
Bom also hadn't grabbed any weapons. Why don't they listen?

"Not gonna lie, I don't trust any of you lot. Hell, I don't think I even like half of you. At the same time, it'd be a pretty sad story, ending up as this guy's dinner. I'm not exactly great at the whole 'planning' thing, so if anyone has any ideas that don't involve dying, I'm all ears."

"Well I have a plan. It is quite simple actually seeing as I have the most training and probably also the best armor and a shield. I can take more hits then anybody else without taking any real damage. So when we enter the arena I will draw it's attention by making a loud sound by slamming my sword against my shield and also throwing rocks.
Then when it charges at me I will try to evade using my smoke screen. Then the people who can attack from range start attacking him. And I try to keep his attention focused on my while the melee fighter wait for an opening to attack.
and everybody uses their power whenever they can to try and weaken the beast. Sounds simple enough right?"

William looked at James and saw himself hadn't he been able to escape from poverty.

"And Yes mister Bom that is our foe."

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Rias listened to William's plan "so ... your plan is 'get it to look away so we can hit it in the back' along with hoping your armor is good enough to take the beating your likely to take"
she said, in a more insulting tone then she'd intended.
"how about we try to disable, like going for the legs to reduce its mobility" tossing an idea out there, that she thought would have them in less danger.
"or" she started "we go for the eyes and make a blind spot we can use, ether way your plan on its own won't be enough"

nuba km

Jun 7, 2010
the creature slowly moved back its neck, while the group talked, and then struck forward with its head and jaw, the motion going as quickly as expected for the animal its neck came from, aimed at the vegabond who cracked his fist.

Floris2123

Apr 26, 2011
William jumps in front of James using shield to try and stop the attack.
Dammit! don't we even get time to talk?

nuba km

Jun 7, 2010
The mouth couldn't shut due to the shield, though its long teeth were cm away from william, it then started attempting to crush the shield, slowly succeeding as its teeth moved towards william. Its neck was stretched out close to the ground while it was doing this.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
the red 'mist' bursts from two of the opened bottles

"apparently not"
she say as the mist forms a long bow in one hand and an arrow in the other, both blood red in color, and in keeping to her plan draws the arrow back, firing it at the beasts left hip

nuba km

Jun 7, 2010
The arrow hit its rather large target, but the beast didn't even flinch, it continued with its metal meal.

nuba km

Jun 7, 2010
the sword pierced its right eye, in the pain it quickly flailed its head around, the first motion send william flying to the right of the arena and smashing against a wall. The beast head kept flailing about smashing against parts of the the Colosseum and against the ground, the sword being slowly hammered deeper into its head as a result.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Rias put some more distance between her self and the beast, moving to its right side, on the assumption it only has two eyes.

she formed another arrow, this time taking aim at the base of the creatures neck. she took more care in aiming before firing this arrow due to the beasts thrashing about.

quick clarify, is the first arrow intact still and if it is can i still use it's energy or any constructs energy after i've fired it ?

Floris2123

Apr 26, 2011
William was surprised he manged to hit its eye. He didn't get to enjoy it long though. The beast hit him hard in the chest.
The wind was knocked out of William by the hit and before he could recover he hit the wall with his back. His eyes opening in surprise he fell down on the ground. Trying desperately to catch his breath again. At least this is an safe distance. He though to himself as his helmet fell of a big dent in it. Thank god I was wearing a helmet. William looks shocked and is still trying to catch his breath.

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
Bom was keeping his distance, waiting for a chance to get a shot in. Infused by William's succesful strike, Bom decides to take a more active role. He starts picking up giblets and dismembered limbs from the ground, and hurling them at the beast.

nuba km

Jun 7, 2010
The arrow hit the creatures neck, it quickly vomited up a tube of blood that sprayed across the arena as it head slowly stopped flailing. The creatures head landed on the ground with a thud, smashing the arrow in its neck.

Though the creatures body started moving, it raise one of its claws and cut of the neck of the dead head, quickly two heads started growing from the neck stump, one looking at the tosser of meat and the other at the archer.

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
Bom was quick to survey the situation.

"It has two heads therefore it is twice as vulnerable!"

He eyes the head that is looking straight back, and decides to throw caution to the wind.

"Take this!"

He charges straight at the beast, trying to bring his lead cane down upon the nearest head with all of his might.

hiei82

Dire DM (+2 HD and a rend attack
Aug 10, 2011
Claire was a few moments late to the battle, but for a very good reason: she was grabbing all the swords she could carry. Not that that was many - she had never done much in the way of heavy lifting. Even her fencing technique was more about speed and agility then heavy blows: one of the dozen or so reasons she rarely drew her blade. Still, she hoped that having a small pile of

When she did arrive, it was in time to see their leader, William Phoenix, make one of the mosters 2 bicloptic heads cycloptic. As a result, the beast thrashed around, smashing into the side of the coliseum. Claire knew that this would be a good chance to attack, but she held back - she had a more pressing concern. Of all the people in the group, she knew she was the weakest physically. That meant she needed a perch from which to strike.

Hence the swords.

Using her power, she started putting swords, tip first, into the sides of the wall, making a sort of stair case from the blades, leading up into the stands where the beast would, hopefully, not be able to reach her.

Floris2123

Apr 26, 2011
William say what was happening.Wait I know this creature it was an...how did you call it it is an Hydra yea that is it. You need to burn their neck wounds shut after you chop an head off or else 2 more grow.
William slowly began standing up. He leaned against the wall trying to catch enough breath to tell the others what they had to do.