Cannon fodder (fantasy superpower rp) (closed, started)

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Rias gathered her things together in her pack.

Karen passed Rias in the hall and headed to the lobby with the Unicorn in tow, she stretched again looked around "So, whats going on?" she asked giving a little wave to Claire.

hiei82

Dire DM (+2 HD and a rend attack
Aug 10, 2011
"I must ask you, why did you guys come to this neck of the woods?" the Inn Keeper asked the group, looking curious. Claire chimed in quickly, giving their orders proudly. "With the chaos the Mages are causing among the five nations, Embla put together several multi-species groups to help combat the threat. We're one of the groups." Continuing, she added "As for why we're in your land, it's a great deal by chance.", not having a good reason why they came here specifically.

Before the Inn Keeper could continue however, William spoke up. "How would you feel about a stroll through the city?" . Claire smiled and opened her mouth to answer. "I'd be delighted to come along!" was said, though not by her. She glanced to her side to see Mr. Bom smiling having answered William before she could "I could do with the fresh air." he added, quite content with his response. Claire could only laugh in amusement at the turn of events.

Claire was going to say she'd join him as well, when Karen distracted her. "So, whats going on?" Karen asked, waving at her. Claire shrugged and responded. "Not much - I only just got here." she answered truthfully. After a second pause, she added "We need to send a message to Embla and I need to find a the letters and sword I was promised to send with it." she said, trying to fill her in on what she knew. "So how are you? I trust you slept well?" she addendumed to the statements.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
"Like a rock, how about you? you sleep well?" Karen said, looking around at the group "Not that it's my business, but Rias is still pretty pissed about yesterday. Some one might wanna talk to her, some one that ya know, made her pissed" Karen added

hiei82

Aug 10, 2011
"Like a rock, how about you? you sleep well?" Karen answered. Claire smiled and nodded. "Better than most nights." she replied, truthfully enough. She'd never been one for falling asleep or awakening. She usually preferred whatever state she was in at any given time, which meant falling asleep was as difficult as getting up. That said, William's presence had made the former somewhat easier.

"Not that it's my business, but Rias is still pretty pissed about yesterday. Some one might wanna talk to her, some one that ya know, made her pissed" Karen continued, reminding her of the problems between William and Rias. Claire turned and stared at William - this was something he needed to do, though that didn't mean he had to do it alone. "William and I will speak with her." she said, remembering William's promise from the night before, and therefore feeling no shame volunteering him for the duty. "Though I'll just be the peace-keeper I suspect." she added, waiting for William.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
"William and I will speak with her, though I'll just be the peace-keeper I suspect."Claire replied

Karen nodded "Good, I'd rather keep her around, and I don't say that about many people, anyway, whats the plan? Any new leads on where to next?" Karen asked, as eager to move on as she was about getting things settled between William and Rias, after all, a group that was fighting it self was a dead one.

olza

Sep 18, 2011
Ivaan coughed politely, before speaking;
"I'm going out into the surrounding wooded areas. Where there's life there's food, I learnt that back home.
I'd rather not impose on these people anymore than I have to, and taking their food doesn't sit right when there's a buffet to be had out there." With the 'out there' He waved a paw in a general manner, picked up his bag and went to walk out.
"If anyone would like to join me I expect there will be planty for everyone."

Floris2123

Apr 26, 2011
Bom suddenly stepped forward and said "I'd be delighted to come along!I could do with the fresh air." William turned to Bom, he didn't really want him to go along but it would be mean to just say that. Oh well he could still walk with Claire, if she wanted that was. Claire seemed amused at Bom's reaction and then answered Karen's question "Not much...I trust you slept well?" Karen responded with "Like a rock...some one that ya know, made her pissed" It seemed Karen was about as subtle as a hammer, not that was a big surprise.

Claire turned and stared at him and said "William and I will speak with her...Though I'll just be the peace-keeper I suspect." William nodded, it would be the best to get this over with. Ivaan then said he would be going into the forest, William turned to him and said. "I won't be joining you I am afraid, also when you go out there be very careful. We haven't seen the worst thing these swamps hold, he said remembering some of his past experiences with this land. He then walked over to Rias' room and knocked on the door. "I have come to apologize Rias, would you please be so kind as to let me in?" He asked sounding apologetic.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
The door opened for William and Claire but Rias was not there, instead her rest mist moved lazily back to it's mistress. Rias her self was sitting at the table in the room, her bag packed and ready to go, but she was writing something, she stopped when Claire and William entered the room though. "Apologize? Do you even get why was angry to begin with?" she asked as she closed the book she was writing in and turned to the pair "Or are you apologizing in the hope it will be enough for the issue to blow over with out confronting the base problem?"

Karen watched William and Claire leave, then directed her attention toward Ivaan "You sure that's a good idea with you bum leg?"

olza

Sep 18, 2011
"You sure that's a good idea with you bum leg?"
Ivaan looked down at it, grimacing "Us Sophronius are made of harder stuff than that. The stitches will hold fine as long As I don't go running about. That's another good thing about plants: You don't have to chase them down." Ivaan smiled at his little joke, and began crutch-walking into the hall.
"I shouldn't be too far. If any of you need me, just have Rias throw some energy through one of Claire's portals high up in the air as a flare."

olza

Sep 18, 2011
Ivaan left the crowded makeshift dormitory, and hesitated, listening to Williams botched apology.
Shaking his head, Ivaan walked away. He had said his piece already. If Rias wanted to leave, it was up to her. Ivaan would miss her, but it was her choice.
He hobbled down a flight of stairs and out the front door of the inn. He got some friendly waves as h passed; apparently word had spread about his part in the slaying of Abumot, and, at he refilled his waterskin at a well on the way to the gates, the Yama didn't bat an eye.
It felt good to be somewhere he was welcome, after the long time on the road.
Ivaan approached the gates, and hailed a Guard.
"Mind if I head out into the forest?"

hiei82

Aug 10, 2011
"Or are you apologizing in the hope it will be enough for the issue to blow over with out confronting the base problem?" Rias questioned William, understandably riled up. This didn't look to be going well... hopefully that would change. "I can't speak for William, but you're right, I don't know why your angry. Still, he's here to apologize, so maybe we should all sit down and just talk?"

Claire resigned herself to the knowledge that being referee today was going to be difficult.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Rias motioned them to take a seat. "It's kinda sad you don't know understand" she said, looking at both of them. "But then I don't think you understand the significance of the fact I can use 'like' in relation to some one who ether is a noble by blood, or might as well be for all the influence and wealth they seem have, hell if it wasn't for this mission I'd have probably ignored the both of you outright. Rias said as she leaned back in the chair " But it's not just the totally disregard for what I was trying to do that's bothering me, I can get over that, what I can't abide is the total disregard of a peaceful solution, and before ether one of you start, how many advancements do we take for granted came at the cost of similar such 'unethical research', but the point is, we had an opportunity to resolve the matter peacefully, maybe even an allie, and instead the path we ended up taking was that of the common assassin. How is there supposed to be any real peace if we make no attempt to reason with those on the 'opposing side' who are open to discussion."

Floris2123

Apr 26, 2011
Rias seemed to be busy with writing something, but stopped once he and Claire entered the room. "Apologize...with out confronting the base problem?" Rias still seemed annoyed, and before William could think of a good response Claire said, "I can't speak for William...sit down and just talk?" Rias made a hand movement, which indicated that they could take a seat. He walked over to the seat opposite Rias, and sat down there. Rias then responded to Claire by saying "It's kinda sad you don't know understand...both of you outright. Is she comparing me to the nobles? The ones that sit on their asses all day acting high and mighty and get paid for that? I should be the one to which she should be apologizing. William thought, as he kept his face as apologetic as possible. "But it's not just the totally disregard for what I was trying to do that's bothering me...'opposing side' who are open to discussion." Rias said finishing up her story.

William was trying really hard not to show his annoyance, he was getting very annoyed by her attitude. "I would be up for a peaceful solution with most 'enemies', but I couldn't make a deal with this one. Completely disregarding the fact that he was a monster, who has slaughtered many people before and after his death. This mission is just as much diplomatic, as it is about stopping the mages. If we had worked together with him, we would have turned an entire land hostile against the humans. I am guessing that you understand, that the only way to fix such a 'delicate matter' would be to throw us in prison for this... If we were lucky." William looked straight at Rias. "I am sorry for the fact that I didn't listen to your opinion, and acted on what I thought to be right. But I will not apologize for not wanting to cooperate with a mass murder, who in the end would have either betrayed us or costs us our heads."

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Rias sighed, William had missed the point. "And the next time? what of the next time we run into some one open to discussion that's doing something 'you don't like' hmm? You say this mission is diplomatic but so far I've seen nothing of the sort, and bending over backwards for a bunch of Xenophobes doesn't count, by the way. Only thing I've really seen us do, is sweep the problem under the rug for some one else to deal with. Cause the way we're going now, I guarantee another rebellion will break out, probably worse then this one, and we will have caused by our actions, then tell me who's worse, Us, or some mage in a hole the ground. Rias replied to William, she was growing more visibly irate with him and what she was finding to be his narrow line of thinking.

Floris2123

Apr 26, 2011
Rias was growing visibly angry as she responded with "And the next time?....And we will have caused by our actions, then tell me who's worse, Us, or some mage in a hole the ground. William was trying very hard to hide his annoyance, she completely misunderstood him. "Rias what do you suggest we do? Because according to you we sweep the problem under the rug right? I am curious to what your idea is to fix this situation, I am open to suggestions. Still I would like to remind you that this is indeed a diplomatic mission, even though it might not look like it." He looked curious at Rias, it was quite easy for him to hide his real feelings.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Rias thought on Williams counter question a minute or two "Only hing that comes to mind is more willingness to talk to those open to it. We didn't really 'talk' to Abumot, so much as interrogated before attacking, and all we're gonna end up doing if we keep that up is all we're going to do is breed a deeper hatred then already exist. I mean we have a diplomat right, why aren't we using her non combat skills more?" Rias finally said after a few minutes

hiei82

Aug 10, 2011
"...why aren't we using her non combat skills more? Rias said, making a good point. Though she'd tried to make peace toward the end, it had been far too late. That said, the original plan didn't work well at all. "That's in part my fault. I couldn't just take Abumot's body back and lie about his death; lies only serve to make matters worse in the end. Still; I had a chance for peace and I couldn't take it. In the future I will try to be more..." Claire said, not liking the idea of dishonorably lying, but accepting it as needed. "... flexible I suppose."

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
Bom could see that he would have to wait for his shopping spree. He deflated a little.

"I, uh, I too would like to have more variety," he finally added. "We have one-" Ivaan remembered the cloud fellow, "-no two, professional thieves, and three fully fledged nobles, yet we have not found a way for them to be useful. All we've done is kill kill kill, chat and kill. At least, that's what I think."

He shrugged and slapped his sides in exasperation. Hopefully this was food enough for thought. He quietly gestured towards the exit with his eyes, hoping to end the conversation soon.

Floris2123

Apr 26, 2011
Rias seemed to think about his question for a while, and she then responded with "Only thing that comes to mind....I mean we have a diplomat right, why aren't we using her non combat skills more?" William was a bit surprised, that wasn't a bad idea. Claire might even be able to get them an ally, and he could assist her to the best of his abilities. "That's in part my fault....flexible I suppose." He looked at Claire, she also seemed to agree with the idea.

Bom then suddenly commented on the current conversation "I, uh, I too would like to have more variety...no two, professional thieves...At least, that's what I think." Wait what? Thieves? Who is he referring to? William seemed a bit confused, but then just shrugged and looked back at Rias. "I understand Rias.. I will try to resolve matters more peaceful next time. Are there any other things about my leadership, that you have issues with?" He asked looking at both Rias, and Claire. He wanted to get all the problems out of the way, and hoped that it would make Rias decide to stay with them.

hiei82

Aug 10, 2011
Claire raised an eyebrow at Mr. Bom; not really liking the idea of bringing thieves into their group. "Why do we need thieves?" she asked before instantly regretting it. There was only one reason anyone needed a thief; thievery. Claire couldn't say she wanted to bring unlawful brigands into the group, but then playing by the rules hadn't really worked out well for them as Rias had just proven.

"I understand Rias.. I will try to resolve matters more peaceful next time. Are there any other things about my leadership, that you have issues with?" Claire heard William add; much to her thanks. There wasn't much they could do about the past, but at least there might be progress moving forward. Claire turned her head to look at Rias; this was her call.