Cannon fodder (fantasy superpower rp) (closed, started)

nuba km

Jun 7, 2010
'8 years, 4 months, 1 week, 3 days, 13 hours, 58 minuets and 2 seconds since its completion, give or take 30 seconds' number 3 said before spitting at ivaan.

evilengine

Nov 20, 2009
once again sorry for not contributing for ages, busy times lately

"Karen, a hand please? he's going to die of infection if I don't see to him."

Reetch stepped forward and seized Number 3, doing his best to secure the creature, but struggling against his flailing and thrashing limbs.

"Do be still, Three, you're being a nuisance," he grunted, before looking up and Ivaan. "You're still carrying that thing? A still beating heart that spews out nightmares? exactly what we need..."

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Rias

"Son of a *****...." Rias put another book mark in at the offending page and tore after Claire before she sent that letter to her father, Rias found her, and William in one the office of the current town leader. Rias walked right up to Claire, "I have more bad news for you" she said as she pulled Claire aside and opened the book back up to the pages she'd read for Claire to read. "So ... now what do we do?"

basicly says Harvey is funding the project, with government approval.

there's also blood stains on the last few pages but not sure if that matters yet

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
"...He's also the nobleman who tried to contact and make an alliance with Abumot - sending the magic sword that this town captured. To add on to the wonderful list of things he's done, apparently he's weakening the wall between this world and the demon one as well."

Bom wandered slightly behind the couple, nodding his head occasionally to show he was listening to Claire's indictment (he wasn't). His mind was on the market stalls and shops around him. They didn't have much in the way of wares at all, but a market was a market, and he was certain the tributes would come soon. Perhaps they were just hiding out of sight.

Just then, Rias ran up from behind with a book in hand. Bom snapped to attention.

"Hello Rias. Do you have a letter to post as well?"

olza

Sep 18, 2011
Ivaan shrugged as he wiped spittle from his face and struggled to get a painkilling agent into 3's mouth.
The milk of the poppy somehow got down the little cyclops' throat, and soon the writhing ceased.
"You're still carrying that thing? A still beating heart that spews out nightmares? exactly what we need..."
Ivaan nodded, "True, it may seem sinister, but who knows what the owner is like? I'm not about to sentence someone I've never even met to death just because their heart's resilient and a little psychic. Besides" Ivaan grinned; "Imagine having an ally that is semi-indestructible and psychic. And I doubt anyone's going to attack us if we literally have their heart."
Ivaan turned away from Karen, back to his patient
"Ok, the pain is numbed. I'm going to cut away the small amount of dead tissue, sterilise the wound and bandage it up."
Ivaan worked away, first building a small fire to sterilise his equipment, before using a scalpel, suture kit, various poultices, and finally a roll of bandage to treat 3's condition.
"That was a lot better than I had expected. The fire that caused the injuries sterilised and closed up most of the wounds for me."

Ivaan sat back on a fallen log, setting his patient down to sleep in a small bed of grass and wilflowers and letting out a huffing sigh. He took a canteen off the side of his bag and took a swig.
"Thanks for the help."
He held the wooden canteen out to Karen, offering her a drink.
"So... Did Rias leave? Is she going to?"

hiei82

Dire DM (+2 HD and a rend attack
Aug 10, 2011
"So ... now what do we do?" Rias said, showing her the book.

Claire just stared at the pages in shock. She read them once, then twice, then a third time more slowly; trying desperately to rationalize the information. "It could be false... placed there to undermine our confidence" she thought, grasping at straws. She knew it wasn't likely - how would anyone know a group from Embla would wander by, kill Abumot, take his books, and read that particular piece. It could be done, but not without a great deal of work and significant government corruption - the very problem the passages proved (if to a lesser extent)

"There must be some mistake." Claire said quietly. Claire couldn't - or wouldn't - believe the words on the page. She worked for them. With them. But this... it was impossible. For a plan like this to move forward, Embla's House of Lords would need to vote on it; and pass it by at least three quarters for that matter. The number of people involved... it couldn't be true.

As Claire spoke, her face paled. Her arms and legs must have ceased existence for she couldn't feel them. The entire House of Lords had to know what was going on. "Including them" she thought, of her parents. Claire felt her stomach twist and turn until it was a knot. Sickened by this last thought, she quickly ran outside the small building, just as the heaving began. She could only be thankful she hadn't eaten breakfast.

"What have I been fighting for?" she thought as her hold on her stomach gave.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Karen

"So... Did Rias leave? Is she going to?"

Karen declined the drink "Donno, didn't ask, but given her reaction to the contents of that book #3 got for me, I'd say no" Karen said standing up and letting Reetch hold #3 down has Ivaan worked "If I had to guess, our next stop might be Embla though. Anyway, I'm going to need you to hand over that heart, or better, destroy it"

Rias

Rias watched Claire's reaction, it wasn't was she was expecting but she wasn't really surprised to see the color drain from her face. For Rias this was just another reason to distrust the nobles, but for Claire, she figured it was more an up ending of her beliefs. "We should find that little creature that gave Karen the book, it might know more about the book. she said, giving Claire a bit of a back rub then turned to William "If your gonna send a message, I strongly suggest you not let on we know anything about Embla 'demon project', I'm not even sure we should tell them about Harvey trying to form an alliance with Abumot."

hiei82

Aug 10, 2011
"If your gonna send a message, I strongly suggest you not let on we know anything about Embla 'demon project', I'm not even sure we should tell them about Harvey trying to form an alliance with Abumot." Rias said to William, patting her on the back.

As Claire finished her less-than-wonderful reverse breakfast, she turned to Rias, angry. "I'm sending that message to my parents; or don't you trust them! They aren't involved; they can't be involved!" she yelled; needing to believe the words more than she did. There had to be a reason; some crucial information they lacked. The information could be false. Maybe they were under some kind of coercion into either hiding the vote or voting against their will. Maybe there was some threat that justified such an action.

That had to be it. There was something so very wrong that Embla needed to take such drastic measures! Surely that was case! It had to be; what other explanation was there? "I'm... I'm sure there's more to this then we know." Claire said, trying to maintain conviction.

There was a reason... right?

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Rias restrained a smart ass remark at Claire's 'don't you trust them' line, and just let her rant, sides, Claire should really know the answer to that already.

She also didn't care what the reason was, it was still an executable offense, and who ever was behind it should swing for it, noble or not.

olza

Sep 18, 2011
"Donno, didn't ask, but given her reaction to the contents of that book #3 got for me, I'd say no"
Ivaan restrained a sigh. Good news. Wait... The contents of the book? What about them?
"What was in the book?"

"If I had to guess, our next stop might be Embla though. Anyway, I'm going to need you to hand over that heart, or better, destroy it" "Why destroy the heart? And why do you want me to give it to you?"

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
"It's a book on Demons, and Rias found something in it she needed to talk to Claire about, as well as something enough like that heart your lugging around that she sent me here to make sure you where ok, least that's what I gathered from her" Karen paused a moment, looking for a word "I wanna say 'panicked tone' but she wasn't really what I would call 'panicking',, you know what I mean? Anyway she knows more about it then me."

Karen was going to say something else, but decided to not to given it kind of applied to her as well.

Floris2123

Apr 26, 2011
Claire turned to him, and began explaining just who this duke was. He sounded like an awful man, he was among the worst kind of nobles for sure. Suddenly he heard Rias' voice again, she said "I have more bad news for you...now what do we do?" she asked as she showed Claire something in a book. William walked over to the two women, and tried to read over their shoulders. Claire then answered Rias by saying "There must be some mistake." Claire seemed very worried, and confused. Rias then spoke to Claire again, and then turned to him "If you're gonna send a message...Harvey trying to form an alliance with Abumot." He slowly nodded, maybe that would be for the best.

Claire seemed in bad shape, as she looked angry and yelled "I'm sending that message to my parents...they can't be involved!" She looked vulnerable and was clearly panicking. William could only think of one thing that he could do, he stepped towards Claire and he wrapped his arms around her. He placed his hand on her back, as he pulled her into a tight embrace. He then whispered to her "I am sure your parents aren't involved in this, from what I heard of them they sound like amazing people. I am sure there is some other explanations... and if you want we can go back to Embla right now." He said as he moved his head back a bit, and looked her right in the eye. He hadn't gotten any new orders yet, so technically they wouldn't go against the wishes of the army.

hiei82

Aug 10, 2011
William wrapped his arms around her, pulling her into an embrace. "I am sure your parents aren't involved in this, from what I heard of them they sound like amazing people. I am sure there is some other explanations... and if you want we can go back to Embla right now." he said, looking at her directly in the eye.

The moment was jarring to say the least; but it was the kind of jarring Claire needed; the kind that helped calm her. It took a few moments before she was able to speak, but when her speech returned, she used it. Nodding, she said "I hope your right... either way I don't think we have a choice about returning to Embla. If they are... using such magic, they need to be stopped." she said, not believing what she was saying or what needed to be done.

This was treason! If what the book said was true, they would need to fight the government; the group who contracted them, who equipped them, who she specifically worked for. She was breaking her duty and more. There were family and friends in the House of Lords. Surely if it was true, some of them would be guilty... she would need to fight them; maybe even kill them. The thought of it was sickening.

And worse, if it wasn't true, they'd be put to death for the traitorous move. Claire wondered if she would even try to resist if the book were wrong. She doubted she could.

Claire returned William's embrace lightly before breaking free of it. "In any event; we still need to get the evidence and find the others" she said, trying to think of anything else. She leaned in to William and gave him a light kiss. "and thank you William."

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
Bom didn't like where this conversation was going. All this talk of the nobles and their uncertain allegiances was going to get in the way of Bom's shopping. He clicked his tongue in frustration.

"Shitfire," he muttered, "I'll be back in a bit."

He gave a quick bow to the three of them, and wandered off through the market stalls. The hypocrisy of it all was annoying him. For once, he was glad he wasn't high born. None of the politics or backstabbing. There was more honesty in his burglary than these old money types had between the lot of them. Oh well, it will eventually have to be addressed. He stopped opposite a rickety looking old store, advertising arms and armour. Best be ready for it, he thought as he stepped inside.

evilengine

Nov 20, 2009
Reetch scratched his head, moving away from Ivaan and the others. All this bickering and squabbling about what to do seemed to him remarkably unnecessary, to him anyway.

"Had they taken my advice and destroyed those objects..." he muttered, more to himself then anyone near him, "Or at the very least sealed that forsaken library away we wouldn't be stuck like this." He looked at his hands as he walked, small and boney, his left palm bandaged from this mornings usual routine, he frowned. "None of this is honing my skills at all..." He looked back at the others, speaking a little louder this time.

"I suggest we make a move somewhere as quick as we can, we won't accomplish much stuck in this unpleasant bayou of a town, not to mention our sick or injured won't appreciate this mugginess...or these flies!" He swatted at the small cloud of midges buzzing around his head, trying to use his tail to shoo them away as best he could. "This is no place for the sick."

I don't recall tails being mentioned in Buvor anatomy, so I feel it's not unreasonable for Reetch to have one. Nothing special, something along the lines of a horse's tail.

olza

Sep 18, 2011
Ivaan listened to Karen quietly, sipping water.
Rias? flustered? Must be some book...
"That's no reason to destroy it, though maybe sticking together might be a good idea. I'll hang on to it, though. If the creature this is out of IS hostile, I want to be the one that pays for my mistake."
Ivaan got up to leave, putting away his medical equipment, kicking dirt over the ashes of the fire he had recently made, and carefully lifting up number 3.
Ivaan glanced at Karen, frowned, and said; "You look like you have something else to say"

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Karen quirked an eye at the bear's response "It's only non hostile cause it doesn't have a body" she said before turning to leave "Anyway, I'm gonna go back to town to find out when we're leaving. and started back to town, totally avoiding Ivaan's question for the time being

olza

Sep 18, 2011
Ivaan watched Karen about turn and begin walking back to town.
"Hey, maybe we should stay-" She was already out of earshot- "Together..."
Ivaan shrugged, and shifted 3 so he could carry him in one large arm as he began walking around and collecting edible flora.

hiei82

Aug 10, 2011
Having resolved herself about returning to Embla, Claire made her way toward the office of the town guard; hoping to find out about the promised evidence. Though she wasn't sure what she wanted to do specifically about Embla; that could wait until everyone had gathered.

When Claire reached the door to the new head guard's office, she knocked and awaited someone to call out it was okay to enter.

Just a short post to move forward a bit

nuba km

Jun 7, 2010
When bom entered the shop he saw the shelf's were mostly empty except for a couple of pretty standard daggers and a war hammer way to large for most people to make use of. The shop keeper looked young, about early twenties, He was leaning back in a chair both his eyes closed. In fact the young man was fast asleep.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

as claire knocked on the door she got no response but a guard walked in holding a letter in one hand 'If your looking for gorta he's with the rest of the fishermen getting food, if you have any question I would be glad to answer them. But first I must ask you, are you Claire Ricky Erish de Montaike?' the guard said as he wrestled with his tongue to say the name 'If so then this letter is addressed to you' he said holding out the letter addressed to "Claire Rich'e Eris du Montaigne".