Cannon fodder (fantasy superpower rp) (closed, started)

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Rias shook her head "Thank you, but I'll have to decline the offer, after this morning I'm not really in a 'partying' mood." she said, partly cause she didn't want to celebrate some ones death and partly cause it was kinda dawning on her the severity of the consequences for there next task.

Karen, on the other hand shrugged a 'sure' and head out behind Reetch, also wondering what the beast was.

hiei82

Dire DM (+2 HD and a rend attack
Aug 10, 2011
Claire took a seat in the hidden location and tried to recompose herself to great failure. She remained there for some time, coming to grips with the most unwelcome truth.

Time Skip? I don't have much to say at this point as I'd rather not go into detail about Claire falling apart at the seems

olza

Sep 18, 2011
Im just gonna assume bom finishes chopping the stuff up and puts it in the stew. I'm up for a time skip to when everyone's ready to leave, provided Rias tells Ivaan what's going to be going on.

Ivaan left the Stew bubbling on the hob.
"Alright Rias, sorry about that, what are we doing? Where are we going?" Ivaan asked, sitting down at the same small table as Rias, it looked like the table the cook ate his dinner at, a small set up to one side in the kitchen.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
"Alright Rias, sorry about that, what are we doing? Where are we going?"

"We are probably going to Embela, to deal with at least one Noble house, maybe more, that's been summoning, or other wise temping with demons, and doing so with government consent no less" Rias started "I don't know what you know of Embelian law, but demon summoning is an executable offense, so we have a government ignoring their own laws, not to mention pulling people off the chopping block that should have been executed for other crimes. Needless to say, Claire is not taking this news well, and while I'm not exactly 'loyal' to my country, it bothers me, lot their doing this."

olza

Sep 18, 2011
Ivaan paused.
Ok... Assuming Embela is a human country, that seems like a good path to take.
"Was this the same government that started our task force? Something doesn't add up."

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
"Was this the same government that started our task force? Something doesn't add up."

"Yes, it was, and I agree something off about this, but really, I'm not surprised by it. With the exception of Claire, lets just say I've a low opinion of the nobility of my home land and leave it at that. Anyway, hopefully we'll be on our way soon so we can confirm and deal with the demon summoners." Rias said as she took a sip of water from a glass she'd poured with Ivaan replyed

olza

Sep 18, 2011
Timeskip? Lets assume Rias gave Ivaan a rundown and Ivaan gruffly stumbled around the conversation like usual.

nuba km

Jun 7, 2010
'that beast is a kurgar. As for whether is safe to eat the rule of thumb is, something either gives you a reason not to eat it or tries to kill you if you try' the guard then left out a bit of a chuckle as he clearly remembered something 'and this one gave us a good fight'
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

IN THE FUTURE
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

It wasn't long until the villagers all gathered together and food started arriving, the food was quite traditional for yama's, grubs, insects and fish as well as thing that were, difficult to classify. The crowed was friendly most of them thanking the group for what they had done and asking them some questions about the fight. At one point one yama held up a creature that looked like a living scab and producing a puss like liquid even after killed and cooked the yama shouted 'how will dare to eat a scumbag!' slowly but picking up in pace the crowed started chanting 'bom, bom, bom, bom...'

As the crowed started chanting ivaan felt something hit the back of his head when he turned around to look were it came form he saw number 3 standing on top of a roof, chucking pebbles at ivaan by picking them up with his toes and dossing them that way.

olza

Sep 18, 2011
Ivaan sighed. "Looks like my patient's doing well..." He mumbled, a little conflicted.
Ivaan beckoned the creature over, grabbing an extra bowl of food for the troublesome patient.
Another rock bounced off him, his thick fur making the hit almost unnoticeable.
Ivaan glanced across the table at Rias. He was glad that she hadn't left.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Rias had joined the party, she wasn't really in the mode for celebration, but it would have been rude to not go after all the work they did to get the food for the feast.

Karen, on the other hand, hit full 'party' mode, drinking and talking, and generally being every bit the 'viking' she usually acted like most the time. She might not remember the party later, but she was having fun now, and that's all she cared about.

Floris2123

Apr 26, 2011
William had joined the party as well. He made sure to grab some food and pack it for the trip. He had never been a big fan of this kind of food, but it beat starving or having to find food in this country. He was more than a bit uncomfortable as he drew the attention of quite a few Yama's, every time he did he polity excused himself and moved on. Finally he spotted Ivaan and walked over to him, happy that he had finally found one his party members. "Hello Ivan," he said as he leaned on the table, "Do you know where Claire is?" he asked him as he looked up at the roof and to his surprise saw number 3. "What is he doing here?" he wondered aloud.

olza

Sep 18, 2011
The sun had now set, and music was playing through the town centre. The sky was stained deep orange red, and the sounds of revelry were just beginning.
Contributed to in no small part by a slightly drunk, and getting drunker, Ivaan.
Ivaan had started to drink what appeared to be a kind of spirit made from fermented rope weed, and when he saw William making his way to him he raised his mug and roared out a "The fearless leader arrives! Ruuahahah!" Ivaan chuckled a little more as he was called Ivan. Even after all this time, William still sometimes mispronounced his name. Ivaan didn't mind. He knew William meant no offence. "Good evening, William! I heard you were packing up to go. I am, as always, ready to go at a moments notice. Just say the word." Ivaan's great strength allowed him to always carry his pack with him. It didn't bother him really, even if it gave him a little more bulk to not knock things over with. However, he was finding it hard to be careful after three or four mugs of the strong marsh spirit.
Ivaan, once again, had to stop himself chuckling at William's asking after Claire "Oh, don't worry William. I'm sure she's looking for you as well! Why, if I didn't know any better I'd say you were playing favourites in our little platoon!" Ivaan heaved a grumbling chuckle and patted William on the back "Ruaahahahah! Just jesting, Captain, just Jesting. No, I've not seen her since I left this morning, how is she? Her parents are part of the ruling elite in your country, aye? I hope they don't have anything to do with all this..." That sombre thought was followed by another, as Ivaan shook his head at the mention of three. "Ugh. That little devil. I've been trying to tempt him down with some stew, but he just won't budge. He was throwing pebbles at me earlier on. I think he's run out of pebbles to throw now though. Either that or this drink is dulling my senses enough for me not to notice it!"
Ivaan grinned as he scratched his nose, took a glug of dink, and went on.
"He blames me, you know. For Abumot's death. I healed his arms as best I could, but..." Ivaan had become significantly more quite at this point.
"I'd like to take him with us, if it's alright with you. I think I might have an idea as to how he was formed, and if my hunch is correct, he may have a few things in common with the golems I create." Ivaan didn't add, however, that the creature reminded him a little of himself, his life's path torn from under him,a slave to forces he couldn't comprehend...

Ivaan paused, before shaking his head and smiling "But we can talk about it in the morning, in the meantime, it's been far too long since you've had a chance to unwind! Go! Have a drink! Dance with your... Ahem, with whomever you may feel like dancing with!" Ivaan let out another grumbling chuckle, and pressed a cup of spirits into Williams hand "I was forbidden from this stuff when I was in training as a shaman, but I'm not anymore! Ruuahahah!"
Ivaan raised his goblet and took a large swig, before starting to eat some more stew.

There was still a bowl waiting for 3 if the creature wanted it.

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
Bom's ears were burning. He thought it was the hangover at first, but then he realised that people, somewhere, were chanting his name. He looked up from the cutting board and went to the nearest window.

"Anyone else hear that?" He said, warily, "Hmm, must be imagining it."

I'm okay for a time skip whenever everyone else is ready.

hiei82

Aug 10, 2011
Claire, having recomposed herself for the time being, stood just outside the celebrating crowd; mostly trying not to draw attention. While she was hardly in a mood that facilitated celebration, she knew that these people had been living in fear for some time; they deserved a chance to enjoy themselves.

As a result; Claire was quietly eating the safest looking of the various foods, occasionally waving and shaking hands of people who recognized her as "someone who worked with Mr. Bom". She supposed she should search out the members of the traveling group at some point; but didn't want to wade into so many people at the moment.

evilengine

Nov 20, 2009
'bom, bom, bom, bom...'

"I'm starting to suspect our associate is maybe well known around these parts," Reetch said aloud, standing amongst his friends in the midst of the party. He looked around for the fisherman who spoke to them earlier.

"Hey, you fellows like Mr Bom or something?" he asked him, as the the chanting grew louder.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Rias eat and made small talk when it popped up, or, in a way only a seasoned performer can, graciously accepted praise what what she'd helped do, even if she didn't think it was totally the right thing to do.

Karen, on the other hand, was loud, partying about as hard as she fights, though despite her ability to weave threw a fight, apparently her ability to dance is sorely lacking, least that's the theory on what she was doing, 'spastic flailing' would be a more apt description. least until she noticed her mug was empty, then, deciding that the mug provided was ill-suited for her habits, took one of the serving bowls full of salad, and dumped the contents into another bowl that still had some in it and after cleaning the bits of salad still on the sides, filled the bowl with ale, during which she noticed William was here now, so she went over to him, setting the bowl-o-booze down next to him as she took a seat. "Well, well, look who finally decided to show up" Karen said in that loud way only some one that had been drinking can, as well as giving him a playful slap on the shoulder "Don't worry, there's still some ale left for ya" she laughed, then tipped the bowl back, chugging it all down in a matter of moments.

nuba km

Jun 7, 2010
the fisherman turned to reetch 'well after the rest fo you went to bed last night bom stayed out and hung with us, and couple of bets later and bom won the title of iron stomach. A title that goes to who ever can eat the most disgusting, but not actually dangerous, food'.

Number 3 was still throwing pebbles at ivaan.

Floris2123

Apr 26, 2011
"Good evening...Just say the word." William was glad to hear that, the faster they could get out of here the better. "Oh, don't worry William...little platoon!" Ivaan let out a grumbling chuckle and patted him on the back, which surprised him and made him a bit uncomfortable. "Ruaahahahah!...I healed his arms as best I could, but..." It was clear Ivaan was troubled by this.. "I'd like...I create." He nodded as he thought about it and then said, "I see no problem with that, as long as he doesn't become a problem."

He glanced back at the dance floor to see Karen performing an interesting kind of dance and then grab a very large 'mug' of alcohol. He chuckled as he saw that and then she seemed to head over to him "Well, well, look who finally decided to show up." It was clear that she had been drinking as well and she slapped him on the shoulder too. "Don't worry, there's still some ale left for ya" She laughed, then placed the bowl against her lips and chugged it all down in a matter of seconds. He looked surprised and impressed, but then again it did suit her to be able to do that. "I see that you are used to handling liquor," he said with a smile.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
"I see that you are used to handling liquor"

Karen just grinned a big dumb grin "Wise man once say; You should always party as hard as you wage war" she said with a sagely nodded, arms crossed and everything.

Rias had gotten up by then to get a fresh plate of food. "Eat up, we donno when we're gonna be able to sit down like this again, no sense in starting the next leg hungry." Rias commented as she passed Ivaan, William and Karen. Her 'restock' of her plate took her around the table, and close enough to Clair to notice her, and since she was 'by her self' Rias sat by her once her plate was full again. "Hey, how you feeling? better?"

hiei82

Aug 10, 2011
"Hey, how you feeling? better?" Rias said as she sat down, catching her by surprise.

Claire pondered the question for a few moments, trying to figure out what to say. "Mixed; I'm just... not in a celebrating mood after today." she said without much pomp and circumstance. Her answer wasn't - strictly speaking - true, but she didn't want to drag Rias's mood down; there was little good in two sad people at the party.