Capcom announces "Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3"

Entamrik

Aug 30, 2010
Strider Hiryu is popular overseas as well, we took him out of Marvel vs. Capcom 3, because he didn't fit in with its concept.

Will that be cash or cheque, Mr.McBullshit?

hyperdrachen

Jan 1, 2008
witheringsanity said:
HA!! i knew this was gonna happen. always wait to buy new capcom titles, cause they always release a better version a few months later
The versus series is the one that had not met that cliche yet but, I'll be damned if your not right. The online support was pathetic in the original release they ought to be releasing this as a free patch to their 40 dollar game that they charged 60 dollars for. That will teach me not to research the online component before purchase. On the other hand the game is still alot of fun but def lacked the polish for 60 dollars.

Prof. Monkeypox

Mar 17, 2010
Oh, this again. I can't wait for super-ultimate MvC fighters 3.
At least, MvC3 will be dirt cheap in a week.

Sean Renaud

Apr 12, 2011
Twelve charachters is A LOT of content. Even as DLC we're getting it pretty good here if they are just asking $40 bucks. You can make the argument that they should have kept us waiting another nine months for the game in the first place but the only complaint I have is that since Capcom hasn't traditionally shown the kind of love to it's other fighters that it has to Street Fighter (Look at Street Fighter 2, there are like eight editions, Street Fighter 3 has three) but when you compare that to Vs or Darkstalkers or the X-men fighters and they just don't do this with them. I probably wouldn't have paid for Jill and Gorath if I'd known but that's it. But yes they should have passed up our money and not pushed out a solid complete product until they had everything that we could ever want. That's silly.

And honestly if the price is going to be the same I want a disc not DLC. ESPECIALLY for a fighting game. It's a pain in the ass to take off my hard drive or take my Xbox over to a friends house to play a game. I like that here I just pop the disc into it's case and walk away and all that content comes over with me.

RelexCryo said:
Still no story mode? Still won't be buying it then.
Really? You play fighting games for the story? They have these games for people like you, they are called RPGs stop playing fighting games and tricking companies into thinking they should spend more than a couple of seconds on the plot and story. The plot of a fighting game should be: In 2012 the Summer Olympics decided to include MMA as an event for the first time. These guys showed up. If I want a story I'll read a book.

Doctor Drizzle

Mar 3, 2009
My god. I am so tired of Capcom pulling this crap. They treat consumers like fools. No way in hell I'm spending money on that game.

theironbat46

Aug 19, 2009
The only way they are getting my money again is if they put these characters out as DLC. They can still release this and not piss off the people who bought it when it came out. That way they still make a profit. Didn't they say they were gonna make some characters DLC anyway? The only character that would get me to buy a whole new game is Ghost Rider, Hawkeye, Venom, Phoenix Wright, Frank West, and Iceman. It's not that they release these characters when they should have been there in the first place. It's because I honestly don't feel like updating my whole system for that game, redoing all my hard earned trophies. It feels wrong.

K84

Feb 15, 2010
Why, in this day and age of technology, can't this be DLC?
Just upgrading your owned copy with a DLC patch.

faceless chick

Sep 19, 2009
well they should've made it like this from the start.
also, still no gambit/rogue/cyclops/fantastic 4?

seriously, wtf marvel!!!

Sylveria

Nov 15, 2009
Congrats everyone who bought this game. You paid $50-$60 to be used as bug testers. Now, if you just shell out another $40, you can get the finished product.

Awexsome

Were it so easy
Mar 25, 2009
Ha. With how lacking MvC3 was in content I had a feeling that this would happen just like they did with Street Fighter. I liked the game but I only gave it a rent because after that few days I had already played everything there was to possibly do unless I wanted to get into the super competitive field (and I'm not that dedicated).

Raziel_Likes_Souls

Mar 6, 2008
Well, on one hand Ghost Rider, on the other hand,

CANCELLING MML3 AND MAKING PEOPLE REPURCHASE THE DAMN DLC CHARACTERS THAT WERE ALREADY ON THE DISC.

Well, this'll be easy.

RelexCryo

Oct 21, 2008
Sean Renaud said:
Twelve charachters is A LOT of content. Even as DLC we're getting it pretty good here if they are just asking $40 bucks. You can make the argument that they should have kept us waiting another nine months for the game in the first place but the only complaint I have is that since Capcom hasn't traditionally shown the kind of love to it's other fighters that it has to Street Fighter (Look at Street Fighter 2, there are like eight editions, Street Fighter 3 has three) but when you compare that to Vs or Darkstalkers or the X-men fighters and they just don't do this with them. I probably wouldn't have paid for Jill and Gorath if I'd known but that's it. But yes they should have passed up our money and not pushed out a solid complete product until they had everything that we could ever want. That's silly.

And honestly if the price is going to be the same I want a disc not DLC. ESPECIALLY for a fighting game. It's a pain in the ass to take off my hard drive or take my Xbox over to a friends house to play a game. I like that here I just pop the disc into it's case and walk away and all that content comes over with me.

RelexCryo said:
Still no story mode? Still won't be buying it then.
Really? You play fighting games for the story? They have these games for people like you, they are called RPGs stop playing fighting games and tricking companies into thinking they should spend more than a couple of seconds on the plot and story. The plot of a fighting game should be: In 2012 the Summer Olympics decided to include MMA as an event for the first time. These guys showed up. If I want a story I'll read a book.
It has more to do with doing what they said they would do, then the story mode itself. It is about keeping one's promises.

Sean Renaud

Apr 12, 2011
Sylveria said:
Congrats everyone who bought this game. You paid $50-$60 to be used as bug testers. Now, if you just shell out another $40, you can get the finished product.
Considering how many hours of fun I've had with the Beta I'm perfectly okay with that.

yuval152

Jul 6, 2011
capcom is gonna get boycotted if they keep doing stuff like this,first megaman, now charging money for blancing & bug free game.they should just change their to activison and start putting posters on people saying "only now MVC 4 just for 100 bucks with glitches and balancing issues inside guaranteed"

Tomster595

Aug 1, 2009
Wow,that pisses me off. It's pretty cool and I really want it, but I'm not paying 60 bucks for extra characters.

Entamrik

Aug 30, 2010
Tomster595 said:
I'm not paying 60 bucks for extra characters.
Then buy it pre-owned, They don't get a cent for scamming you. That way everyone's satisfied! At least everyone who deserves to be satisfied.

Tomster595

Aug 1, 2009
Entamrik said:
Tomster595 said:
I'm not paying 60 bucks for extra characters.
Then buy it pre-owned, They don't get a cent for scamming you. That way everyone's satisfied! At least everyone who deserves to be satisfied.
Yea, but then I can't buy it right away and it still is expensive.