Capcom Faces Bullying Accusation

Brad Shepard

Sep 9, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
Brad Shepard said:
Ive said it once, I'll say it again, Capcom: The EA and Activision of Japan.
EA and Activision?

I dunno.

Capcom seems like the stupid sidekick who always messes up.

I mean come on, spelling mistakes on game packaging?
and ignoring the pleases of a lady that is getting screwed over to the point where she tries to pill herself to death is sidekick tier?

Dec 14, 2009
Brad Shepard said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Brad Shepard said:
EA and Activision?

I dunno.

and ignoring the pleases of a lady that is getting screwed over to the point where she tries to pill herself to death is sidekick tier?
We don't know both sides yet, so I'm not willing to throw around accusations.

Brad Shepard

Sep 9, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
Brad Shepard said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Brad Shepard said:
EA and Activision?

I dunno.

I see your point, but these are the same people that tease us with Megaman Legends 3 and other trolltastic stuff, i would not put this past them either.

Dec 14, 2009
Brad Shepard said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Brad Shepard said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Brad Shepard said:
EA and Activision?

I dunno.

I see your point, but these are the same people that tease us with Megaman Legends 3 and other trolltastic stuff, i would not put this past them either.
Capcom are the biggest trolls in the industry.

No EU Monster Hunter titles in a long time, no Megaman, releasing 'Ultimate' versions of fighting games, less than a year after the release of the original.

They need to change their logo to this.

Bvenged

Sep 4, 2009
If this turns out to be true and as one sided as it seems, I want to see every single person who harassed that young worker fired and black-lined from their profession. Start from the ground up for being malignant.

Also Capcom, you suck.

Scars Unseen

^ ^ v v < > < > B A
May 7, 2009
Bvenged said:
If this turns out to be true and as one sided as it seems, I want to see every single person who harassed that young worker fired and black-lined from their profession. Start from the ground up for being malignant.

Also Capcom, you suck.
That is a possibility. The Japanese take professional embarrassment quite seriously. I think their last 5 prime ministers resigned due to political screw ups.

ScruffyMcBalls

Apr 16, 2012
On one hand, I'd like to think that the industry has grown past such things, but I'd just be blowing sunshine up my ass. But I'm also aware of how bitter and angry a former employee can be. I completely agree with Neverhoodian's comment, I'll wait for the whole story on this one, but this could get real messy, real fast.

Mar 5, 2011
One more reason to hate Capcom. I should print out all the articles about Capcom sucking and put them on a cork board labeled "Never Forget".

LilithSlave

Sep 1, 2011
I have even less interest in buying Dragon's Dogma now. Capcom is becoming a sickening company.

I'm glad Inafune left. I hope everyone who is decent left in the company leaves it and starts their own thing.

Varil

May 23, 2011
Eh. I agree that there needs to be more info before I can properly revile Capcom. It hasn't been suitably evil enough for me to hate unconditionally yet.

DrunkOnEstus

In the name of Harman...
May 11, 2012
A simple thing like suicide can get a jury to believe things that may have been blown out of proportion. A suicide is a hard thing to deal with, but it might just be her meal ticket. After serving on the jury one time in my life, I can't begin to tell you how effective crying can really be. A simple fool comment wasn't directed at you guys, just people who believe blindly.
A *simple* think like suicide? I won't divulge into how that action has affected my life to such a degree that the path I was on in life became unalterably railroaded, but "simple"? I won't blindly side with the woman in question due to having one side of the story, but can we really expect anything from Capcom on this one besides a figurehead with a robotic and pedantic PR line?

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Needs more info until a judgement can be made BUT if true, that's despicable and people should be getting sacked over this.

I won't yell at Capcom (for this anyway) until more information comes out about this.

Fasckira

Dice Tart
Oct 22, 2009
That seems pretty insane, especially if the HR department did nothing about it. Still, presumably the HR department would have still operated within the legal areas of the law and at least noted her complaints? Should make the case fairly straight forward in court.

I find this a pretty alien concept myself, I personally would never stay at a place of work that was causing me so much distress to the point that I would think of killing myself. I understand that employment rates aren't fantastic over there but even still. :(

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Daystar Clarion said:
Brad Shepard said:
EA and Activision?

I dunno.

:p Between these accusations and the rather hilarious string of fail after fail after utterly laughable fail in regards to SFxT, I'd say that what you said is a pretty accurate way to sum things up.

EA and Activision are being shady and doing things that may or may not screw over their consumers. Capcom - aside from the "Sorry we got caught with a massive character list (I'd consider 12 pretty big in a fighting game) locked away on the SFxT disc" scandal - has just been blundering around like the goofy comedy relief that focuses on tripping over coffee tables and falling into shelves stacked with fine china.

Dec 14, 2009
RJ 17 said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Brad Shepard said:
EA and Activision?

I dunno.

:p Between these accusations and the rather hilarious string of fail after fail after utterly laughable fail in regards to SFxT, I'd say that what you said is a pretty accurate way to sum things up.

EA and Activision are being shady and doing things that may or may not screw over their consumers. Capcom - aside from the "Sorry we got caught with a massive character list (I'd consider 12 pretty big in a fighting game) locked away on the SFxT disc" scandal - has just been blundering around like the goofy comedy relief that focuses on tripping over coffee tables and falling into shelves stacked with fine china.
Hell, I can't even dislike them in the same way I dislike EA.

EA seem very sure about what they're doing, for good or bad, while Capcom just seems to pull ideas out of a hat and then proceeds to cock them up in the most hilariously incompetent fashion.

bafrali

Mar 6, 2012
Oh boy another reason to hate Capcom.Now if only it is backed up by enough proof and witnesses, it will be awfully cathartic

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Daystar Clarion said:
I dunno.

"Cor, EA, what are we going to do tonight?"
"The same thing we do every night, Capcom: Try to take over the world!"