Capcom Thinks It can Sell 10 Million Copies of Dragon's Dogma

Hal10k

May 23, 2011
Firstly: If this actually does manage to sell ten million copies, I will renounce everything I know about marketing and economics and reduce myself to selling t-shirts with my face on them in some bizarre attempt at artistic expression. I will probably be in a fairly unwashed state at the time as well.

Secondly: If that number is the actual projection made by Capcom's marketing department, and not just the product of this guy talking out of an area at least in the vicinity of his rectum, then I will make sure that in addition to all of the above, I will make sure the t-shirts themselves are covered in a three-day layer of my own bodily waste as I attempt to sell them.

Dec 14, 2009
Hal10k said:
Firstly: If this actually does manage to sell ten million copies, I will renounce everything I know about marketing and economics and reduce myself to selling t-shirts with my face on them in some bizarre attempt at artistic expression. I will probably be in a fairly unwashed state at the time as well.

Secondly: If that number is the actual projection made buy Capcom's marketing department, and not just the product of this guy talking out of an area at least in the vicinity of his rectum, then I will make sure that in addition to all of the above, I will make sure the t-shirts themselves are covered in a three-day layer of my own bodily waste as I attempt to sell them.
Sounds like a great business model.

I predict a sales number of around one hundred and eleventy batrillion t-shirts.

Why yes, I do work at Capcom, how did you know?

robert022614

meeeoooow
Dec 1, 2009
Hal10k said:

Secondly: If that number is the actual projection made buy Capcom's marketing department, and not just the product of this guy talking out of an area at least in the vicinity of his rectum, then I will make sure that in addition to all of the above, I will make sure the t-shirts themselves are covered in a three-day layer of my own bodily waste as I attempt to sell them.
Is it just me or does this promise actually make you want to see "Capcpom" succeed lol.

IRL. HA HA HA HA HA HA HA good luck capcom!

80Maxwell08

Jul 14, 2010
Starke said:
80Maxwell08 said:
Um actually it's Capcom's second largest dev team ever. They one upped themselves with the dev team for Resident Evil 6 by having 600 people work on that. Also considering Capcom has been spinning a PR nightmare like no other to the point where so many people are boycotting them they have a LOT of work to do.
Okay, I actually missed this. What's their latest PR disaster?
Well I was less referring to one disaster rather than the whole combination they have spun up. From denying the fan the Megaman Legends 3 prototype that they promised fans would come to the 3DS's digital store (I don't know it's name), the DMC reboot with Dante's new appearance that pissed off a huge amount of DMC fans, making Resident Evil 6 basically a straight up action game, the whole DLC on the disc crap involving Street Fighter x Tekken, cancelling every Megaman Title in a while. That's all that comes to my mind.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
hazabaza1 said:
Good joke, guys. Capcom's full of funny people.
I'm still laughing over how they announced Megaman Legends 3, then threatened to shitcan it if people didn't buy the demo, and then shitcanned it anyway.

...Wait, no, not laughing...what's the word?
Raging?

So I suppose the only joke here is how their company is run. They offered a game, got a large response out of it, and then turned it down....because.

And that's just one of the many "jokes" Capcom has told over the last two years.

VoidWanderer

Sep 17, 2011
Aww, isn't that cute.

It's nice to see such bright-eyed optimism in a developer. Makes me think of the old 'puppy eyes'.

"It'll be nice, honest!"

Good Luck Capcom, you will need it.

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
I don't know... I played it at Comicon and I was less than impressed. I don't know if they can do 10 million units world wide, I would be surprised if they pulled half that.

AdamG3691 said:
Waaghpowa said:
What's Dragon's Dogma?
it's a ripoff of skyrim that theyre trying to market as monster hunter for the west (by virtue of "you hunt monsters")
It's not actually a rip off of Skyrim, it is an open world western fantasy type of game, but it plays nothing like Skyrim. From my perspective it seems more like Demon's Souls but not hard and the controls are more arcade like. It's just open world.

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
Zeel said:
Shit. It's not on PC?
NO PURCHASE

10 million is a very lonely number Capcom. You need the help of the Godly gamers to get it there.
I am torn about the whole not on PC thing. Usually Capcom does horrible PC ports anyway. But, I didn't really care for the game when I played it at Comicon.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
Maybe it'll be a REALLY REALLY good game.

Like Skyrim, minus the god awful amount of load/lag/glitches.

O, who am I kidding...

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
anthony87 said:
Daystar Clarion said:
10 million copies?

Are you just sure that isn't another typo, Capcom?
It probably was and they'd meant to say 100 million copies.

Poor poor Capcom....
What!? You put a one and two zeros on that and we'll talk!

"How much did you get me?"

A hundred copies!

Waaghpowa

Needs more Dakka
Apr 13, 2010
AdamG3691 said:
Waaghpowa said:
What's Dragon's Dogma?
it's a ripoff of skyrim that theyre trying to market as monster hunter for the west (by virtue of "you hunt monsters")
I believe you missed the joke, but all is forgiven.

Eiv

Oct 17, 2008
Capcom seems to be eating the wrong type of mushrooms again >.>

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
So... they're expecting 10 mil. sales for an unknown game that's not getting a PC release?
It almost make Capcom look cute due to their naiveness.

cgentero

Nov 5, 2010
Twice as much as they expect sell with DmC, Capcom truly has such unrealistic expectations.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
DVS BSTrD said:
Wait guys, this is Capcom we're talking about.
They probably meant to say Dragon's Dogma would be "1 million snails popular", you know like escargot. Those are pretty popular in France and Belgium.
You're right about the typo, but you're wrong about where the typo is. They predict over 10 sales.