Captain America Movie Will Have Musical Numbers

Hurr Durr Derp

Apr 8, 2009
Hahaha what.

Sure, Cap's super-patriotism is corny as hell when you get down to it, but that's the entire point of the character. I'm not even American and I think taking that part away would ruin the entire character. There's no need to make him an entertainer or whatever, just play it 100% straight and make him a badass who gives awesomely corny speeches and you've got your character right there.

But whatever, I'll just wait and see how it turns out. Who knows, maybe it won't be as bad as it sounds.

XJ-0461

Mar 9, 2009
There was no problem with Cap's costume in the first place! He was created not only as a super-soldier, but also as a morale building symbol for use during the war. Why couldn't they stick to that story, rather than come up with some dance thing...

Oh my god. I just realised. It's gonna have the cast of High School Musical in it. Damn you Marvel/Disney merger!

TraumaHound

Jan 11, 2009
Wow, that sounds horrible on a scale I not thought possible. Though, as I think about it, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom started with an action/music number though it wasn't Indy singing. Maybe it could work if it's something like this. He's singing, shit starts up, Cap starts crackin' skulls while the band plays on. Hokey, sure, but could be fun (like "The Rocketeer" kinda fun.)

Hurr Durr Derp

Apr 8, 2009
fix-the-spade said:
Question 1a: If we removed all the coke out of all the executives in all the film companies on the planet.
What percentage would:

i) Die as a result of withdrawal symptoms or toxic shock.

ii) Begin thinking about their decisions with due logic and care.

iii) Commit immediate suicide.
Answer must add up to 100%

Question 1b: What would the long term effect of such actions be on both the quality and profitability of mainstream western film industry output?

You have 45minutes to answer, all working and notes must be submitted at the end of the exam as supplementary evidence.
1a: what is this, a trick question?
i) 15%
ii) 5%
iii) 5%
iiii) Continue shoveling the same old crap in our faces because that's their idea of good, profitable moviemaking. 75%

1b: Negligible

cheevocabra

May 23, 2009
So they created a super soldier, but are afraid to send him into battle because they're afraid that he might die... I'm tempted to explain how stupid this logic is, but I'm pretty sure that it is self-evident.

The Rockerfly

Dec 31, 2008
*bangs head on keyboard*
No
Bad, bad...No to whoever suggested the idea
and just no to the person who gave it the go ahead

Vault boy Eddie

Feb 18, 2009
Makes me think back to that Horrible horrible hellboy 2. Not only was the movie random as hell, it seemed as if the person cutting the movie toghether just threw all the scenes in the air and glued them toghether as they fell, but the musical number, oh sweet tap dancing Jesus Harold Christ, the musical number!!! What makes them think that comic book movies need musical numbers, are they confusing us fans with avid viewers of the lifetime network?

PS. If the real life Captain America, Randy Couture, isin't Cpt. America in the movie, it has already failed miserably.

TheNumber1Zero

Forgot to Remember
Jul 23, 2009
The Spiderman Jazz scene was just awful, my Grandmother called him Lame for doing it.
Captain America doing musical numbers sound hilarious, but in a bad way.

I'm tempted to rent it just so that I can laugh at it.

GestaltEsper

Oct 11, 2009
TraumaHound said:
Wow, that sounds horrible on a scale I not thought possible. Though, as I think about it, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom started with an action/music number though it wasn't Indy singing. Maybe it could work if it's something like this. He's singing, shit starts up, Cap starts crackin' skulls while the band plays on. Hokey, sure, but could be fun (like "The Rocketeer" kinda fun.)
Seeing Cap beat up Nazis to "Bill Bailey" sounds pretty damn awesome.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Had little intention of seeing this film anyway, and it seems to have been justified now lol

neoman10

Big Brother
Sep 23, 2008
I will only watch if he starts to sing "America, Fuck Yeah"

That would be pure awesome in a golden chalice of win

Caradinist

Nov 19, 2009
It won't matter because the trailer will probably have Captain America jumping out of a plane and he will go in incredible speeds and somehow come into contact with an enemy fighter plane, splitting it in half with his shield.

Because? HE'S...BACK, AMERICA.

(Cue more CGI)

...Coming soon.