Car Accident Takes the Life of Actor Paul Walker

RaNDM G

Apr 28, 2009
That's a shame. His films were always good fun, hard to believe he won't be around for more.

Be safe on the road folks. For every good driver, there's another with their hands off the wheel and their eyes up their ass.

Fat Hippo

Prepare to be Gnomed
Legacy
May 29, 2009
TwoSidesOneCoin said:
Phrozenflame500 said:
Josh Engen said:
Earlier today, actor Paul Walker, who is most recognizable from his work in The Fast and the Furious, died in a car accident in Southern California.
God dammit universe, stop making be laugh at people dying.

RIP
Glad I'm not the only asshole in the world that made that connection.

RIP.
We all though it. But at least we're ashamed of it, that's what counts.

RIP

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
That really sucks. More I read about him, more I like him for his giving to community.

Most millionaires don't even bother.

RIP

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
RaNDM G said:
Be safe on the road folks. For every good driver, there's another with their hands off the wheel and their eyes up their ass.
That's why I hate driving. People are always on their fuckin' phone. They don't realize that they can kill themselves that way. Or worse, they can kill someone else.

R.I.P. Paul Walker. I wasn't a fan, but it's always sad when someone universally liked dies. And I don't really know anyone who didn't like this guy.

Eiv

Oct 17, 2008
mysecondlife said:
That really sucks. More I read about him, more I like him for his giving to community.

Most millionaires don't even bother.

RIP
QFT.

Really feel for his daughter right now. 40 is far too young an age to die at. Hopefully the new movie will serve as a decent memory of him. Rest in peace mate, you brought my family countless hours of entertainment.

Epic_Bubble

Oct 19, 2013
Super Not Cosmo said:
So, anyway, here's a pic of the accident scene courtesy of TMZ. Apparently that pile of rubble with a Porsche wheel in it is the car he died in.
As tragic as this story is a question needs to be raised..... How does billions of dollars into engineering for car safety and strength get beaten by the humble wood bearing tree? Is this GTA physics at work?

Geez the irony is strong

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
That really sucks. Especially with the charity event and all. Can't say I was a fan but it always sucks when people die so young. Did his friend lose control? Did somebody else crash into them? Do we have details?

Also, I fully expect people to make fun of the fact that he was so popular for car movies and then died in a car accident.

Hazzard

Jan 25, 2012
Super Not Cosmo said:
Epic_Bubble said:
Super Not Cosmo said:
So, anyway, here's a pic of the accident scene courtesy of TMZ. Apparently that pile of rubble with a Porsche wheel in it is the car he died in.
As tragic as this story is a question needs to be raised..... How does billions of dollars into engineering for car safety and strength get beaten by the humble wood bearing tree? Is this GTA physics at work?

Geez the irony is strong
My guess is there was a crazy amount of speed involved. They were driving a Porsche Carerra and those things top out around 200 mph.
Looking at the car in the picture above, I doubt they can even get a body out of that. The car looks like some sort of amalgamated mess. I'd have thought that it would rip straight through the tree.

stormeris

Aug 29, 2011
I guess he was...
TOO FAST AND FURIOUS

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
Meet ya guys in hell... I'll be waiting there.
But seriously, it's pretty fucking ironic.
And also cars are evil.

Arina Love

GOT MOE?
Apr 8, 2010
i bet they were traveling few times more the legal speed limit, tree just can't do that much damage to a car with carbon fiber monocoque and subframe traveling at city speed limit.

stormeris

Aug 29, 2011
hot-soup said:
Who the hell cares? Write about the hundreds if not thousands of "No-names" that die every day from starvation, plague or anything other than he and his friend probably being jackasses in the car, driving far too fast.

God damn I hate articles like this... Hypocrisy all the way! Everyone here thinks this way but everyone is afraid to say anything because they do not want to be banned or get a warning...

Man up people! He deserved it!
Pretty much this

Hundreds... Thousands of people die in car accidents every day, heck, most of them are innocent bystanders and not the ones behind the wheel of a speeding vehicle.

But the person that died just happens to be famous, everyone loses their shit and starts weeping condolences.

vun

Burrowed Lurker
Apr 10, 2008
Not sure if tasteful, but going out in a burning hypercar is a death I'd be ok with.

nyankaty

Nov 4, 2013
That's really sad :C He's one of those actors that was always super recognizable and I always associated him with childhood (well not quite childhood, but being a young teen) since he was so crazy popular in the early 2000's. I always get a little tug at the heartstrings when an actor that I associated strongly with a certain part of my life dies. Heath Ledger hit me really hard (way harder than Paul, tbh).

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
First to get the sentiments out of the way, this really sucks because I liked the guy both in his movies and out, and my wife and I love the Fast and Furious series... The irony of this is just horrible, too horrible to make jokes. Also is a grim reminder of Ryan Dunn of the Jackass crew's death. The difference here though is Paul Walker was just a passenger.
This leads me to another point, where people scream about gun control yet more folks are killed in car wrecks yearly than by guns (not taking suicide by gun into account) yet there's little done to make car companies make safer cars. Remember when cars where made of steel, not just the frames? I'll bet most of you don't. And before folk go on about how guns are more dangerous, there's more cars on the road than guns owned and no way to tell if the drivers of those cars are anywhere near responsible drivers. I've been licensed since 15 (learner's permit) and have yet to have an at-fault accident, only 2 one of which was a fender bender and the other where an uninsured illegal immigrant didn't obey a stop sign and pulled out in front of my car totaling it, and the dude sped off and ditched the car and then called it in as stolen.
Plus on a daily basis I see dumbass people who drive like maniacs at high speeds... like going 20 mph over the limit is really going to make a huge difference time-wise... Slow the fuck down, watch out for other people and share the fucking road people. Also lay off driving if you're going to drink, I've lost too many friends to both their own stupidity and other folk's stupidity to feel anything but disappointment and disgust when I hear of these accidents.