Cartoon Network Draws On Comic Fans With DC Nation

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Cartoon Network Draws On Comic Fans With DC Nation

Cartoon Network and DC Comics have joined forces (again) to bring you DC Nation. Because they love you. And they love crazy ratings.

Good things tend to happen when Cartoon Network teams up with DC Comics. In the past, we've received things like the amazing Justice League, the disposable fun of Teen Titans, the wonderful Young Justice, and the surprisingly good Green Lantern. Now, the two groups have revealed that they're working on DC Nation, an entire programming block around DC-focused programming.

Based on the trailer, DC Nation almost looks like it'll be a mix of original shorts and a testing ground for new pilots. According to Topless Robot, some of the stuff on display in this video should look familiar, though:

That live-action Blue Beetle, Plastic-Man (which I assume is that not-too-old Plastic-Man pilot), some other random things, and, most exciting to me, what is apparently a Tiny Titans short done in Teen Titans cartoon style.

Creating original programming that's designed to appeal to the (borderline obsessive) fanbase surrounding DC Comics seems like a no-brainer. If Cartoon Network and DC are able to use DC Nation as an inexpensive way to test out new shows, it seems like everybody is a winner in this situation.

Source: <a href=http://www.toplessrobot.com/2011/11/dc_nation_is_the_best_smartest_thing_theyve_done_i.php>Topless Robot

scarab7

Jun 20, 2009
Need me some of that animated Superman and Batman series, loved that stuff as a kid.

TitanAtlas

Oct 14, 2010
Kinda looks pretty hilarious if i may say so. More interested on the Shorts skits, considering i love to see how certain stories are told, under the visuals and minds of different people ;D

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
Why did they choose to do that awful animation style for the Green Lantern series?

Other than that, it looks pretty good.

SUPA FRANKY

Aug 18, 2009
I saw teen titans. I saw Teen Titans...

If Cartoon Network has revived Teen Titans, then all is forgiven. Squirrel Boy, Cn Real, and canceling Symbionic Titan.

Edit: Actually finished the video. Aww...shorts...well, better than nothing.

ImSkeletor

Feb 6, 2010
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Terminate421 said:
Re-run the old Teen Titans from 2003. Chibi shorts don't count.
That and Birds of Prey.

Then Justice League.

Oh, and put all the Marvel stuff on Nickleodeon.
Or you know Disney. Because Disney owns Marvel and has already released several Marvel shows.

Apr 28, 2008
Terminate421 said:
That and Birds of Prey.

Then Justice League.

Also Batman: The Animated Series.

That show kicked all kinds of ass.

Escapefromwhatever

Feb 21, 2009
I am excited about this for new episodes of Young Justice alone. It's good to see DC still going strong concerning tv shows, even after the end of the DCAU.

Escapefromwhatever

Feb 21, 2009
DRTJR said:
Wait howld your ponies, did thy eyes spot an Alicorn? Heh
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amethyst,_Princess_of_Gemworld

Nothing to do with MLP. Sorry. Still probably worth watching if you like MLP, though.

Feb 13, 2008
ImSkeletor said:
Terminate421 said:
That and Birds of Prey.

Then Justice League.

Or you know Disney. Because Disney owns Marvel and has already released several Marvel shows.
I'm thinking the Disney stuff will go on the Disney Channel.

Also