Cartoon Networks Says "Go Planet" to Live-Action Captain Planet Movie

ADDLibrarian

May 25, 2008
DRTJR said:
I support Bargo being Ma-ti
For those who don't know
http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/thatguywiththeglasses/nostalgia-critic/609-captain-planet

Ditto, but I think it's about time they rebooted this franchise, lol. Even if it's bad, I'll think it's great.

RJ Dalton

Aug 13, 2009
I can't even get up the rage to hate this. It's just too far beneath my ability to give a shit about one way or the other.

maximara

Jul 13, 2008
Loonerinoes said:
It'll be funny seeing Milka no longer being 'of the Soviet Union' and I'm willing to bet that they won't figure out a good way to make 'Heart' be a power actually worth a damn without it becoming a form of Mind Control.

Seriously though, if you're gonna pick cartoons to revive from that era, then bring back ExoSquad!!! That show had TWICE more educational value than Captian Planet ever did, from things like racism, oppression, some actual military forethought...its depth was certainly moreso worth exploring with a revivification these days. Heck it could still work, with us exploiting our own resources to the point we'll have to start mining planets of our solar system eventually and which poor sods will we have for *that* shitty job?

If that kind of strife, leading from our own consumption of natural resources and exploitation of minorities, isn't an educational message for the generations to follow, I don't know what is.
I fully agree. If you really look at the villains in Captain Planet only Looten Plunder and Sly Sludge came close to actual people in the real world while the rest seemed to have been room mates with the Joker with many ACTIVELY trying to destroy the ecosystem. Even the Marvin and Wendy era of the Superfriends didn't blunder this badly as there most of the villains were well meaning if misguided people while in Captain Planet it was refugee from the loony bin time.

This majorly blunted the message of the show as it was hard to take the problem connected to the villain when the villain was obviously nuts