Cartoons you used to watch that no one else knew of.

Beautifully Chaotic

New member
Nov 2, 2011
21
0
0
scorptatious said:

I was VERY young when I used to watch this.

I imagine it's more well known in the Australia, which, according to Wikipedia, is it's place of origin. But I doubt many people here in the US have heard about it.
Hahaha! I used to watch the shit out that on Saturday mornings, with my coacoa puffs, chillin in the living room floor! I had totally forgotten this show <3 thanks for reminding me :)
 

Misterian

Elite Member
Apr 24, 2020
1,832
1
43
Country
United States
If we can count Cartoon movie, I'd like to list The Princess and the Goblin, a movie I know not alot of people either don't remember or don't know about.

It's based on a book of the same name, taking place in a regular midievil fantasy setting where a young (as in pre-teen) princess befriends a peasant boy and they both try to stop a horde of goblins livng underground who plot to invade the human kingdom above them.
 

Jun_Jun

New member
Sep 21, 2009
129
0
0
the spud said:
It's not entirely forgotten, but Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends is better than MLP: FiM to me anyday. Anyone who hasn't seen it should get on that right now.
You'd probably know then that both were made by the same person right?
Although I probably couldn't pick my favourite between those two series I do enjoy the direction the latest MLP episodes have been going.

While we're on this subject I'll add Invader Zim, none of my friends ever watched it in High School, I corrected that by the end of senior year.
 

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
7,405
0
0
Beautifully Chaotic said:
scorptatious said:

I was VERY young when I used to watch this.

I imagine it's more well known in the Australia, which, according to Wikipedia, is it's place of origin. But I doubt many people here in the US have heard about it.
Hahaha! I used to watch the shit out that on Saturday mornings, with my coacoa puffs, chillin in the living room floor! I had totally forgotten this show <3 thanks for reminding me :)
No problem mate! :p

OT: Also I just remembered another show I used to watch on Toon Disney:


Not sure if anybody remembers this show, much less heard of it.
 

evantrees

New member
Jul 8, 2010
14
0
0
direkiller said:
evantrees said:
huh what was that about reboot.
reboot
the last 5 episodes never got made(it just sorta ends with megabyte giving an evil speech)
and the creators were big fans of Star trek TOS
(there is even a point when they take a jab at TNG and one episode devoted to Star trek)
had managed to forget there was suppose to be more after the second movie, there still the chance something comes from this nonsense

from the wiki
[spoiler ]Film trilogy
On June 1, 2008, it was announced that there will be a trilogy of ReBoot films coming to theatres. Jon Cooksey was assigned to write the script for the first film, but as of August 2008, he was dropped due to Rainmaker deciding to take a different direction with the story. At this time, it is unknown who will replace him.[12] The films are expected to follow a different story from the comic, but the overall plan is to continue the methodology in terms of engaging the fans.[13]
A teaser for the film was released on October 5, 2009, on Rainmaker's official site. In addition, an alleged new character design was revealed for the movie in an animation reel.
In a quarterly press release on March 11, 2011 Rainmaker CEO Warren Franklin announced "Our current slate includes several projects including a film based on the classic series ReBoot".[14]]Episodes [/spoiler]
 

Mysticgamer

New member
Apr 14, 2009
194
0
0
Okay really obscure does anyone remember The Raccoons? This raccon Bert lived with his sister and her husband and got into all kinds trouble around a forest? Also does anyone remeber a cartoon late 80's/early 90's that had Rams and Pigs fighting eachother? It was based on some action figures.
 

Beautifully Chaotic

New member
Nov 2, 2011
21
0
0
Mysticgamer said:
Okay really obscure does anyone remember The Raccoons? This raccon Bert lived with his sister and her husband and got into all kinds trouble around a forest? Also does anyone remeber a cartoon late 80's/early 90's that had Rams and Pigs fighting eachother? It was based on some action figures.
Barnyard Commandos!!
 

MidnightCat

New member
Jul 21, 2009
125
0
0
Here are a few I haven't seen mentioned:

Alvin and the Chipmunks [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bqev4c2zPWE]
The cartoon, not the film

Animals of Farthing Wood [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8pkxdBodsg&feature=related]


Madeline [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sj2XOhC1YlM&feature=related]

Lift Off [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJJ1h_eRjUc&feature=related]
Can't sleep... creepy doll [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAyH4dMnbvQ&feature=related]will eat me...


Bump in the Night [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEaC8qjV30c&feature=related]
Freaking weird... but has a fun opening theme.

The Ferals [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BW9wfaSydmU&feature=related]
Australian TV at its best, haha.

Brum [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNAvuaPO1yw&feature=related]
I have to admit... Brum kinda creeped me out. But I still liked him.

Arthur [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zkX6kfnWbk&feature=related]


Babar [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMto_OWdnu8&feature=related]
Loved this so much as a kid, it's such a beautiful cartoon.

Johnson and friends [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qj3vJxkiJ18&feature=related]
Oh god the robot.

Dangermouse [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrM0E9pag8E]

Blinky Bill [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wreKClK3BGY]


Mot was one of my favourite cartoons, but unfortunately I've never been able to find any episodes. Or an english version of the intro, for that matter.

And finally, the best cartoon I watched as a kid:

 

l33tabix

New member
Mar 16, 2008
81
0
0
Mummies Alive was WIIIINNNNN, when it turned out that one with anubis head was a bird i was like WOOOAAAHHH.
Not to mention when you find out Mojo is essentially the PPG's brother, I was like damn I didnt see that coming.

However, I had the strangest childhood due to discovering Space Ghost: Coast To Coast when it originally aired back in 1994, all I know is, five days after it launched I was 3, moved into that house when I was 2. It was on cartoon network later in the day because [Adult-Swim] didn't exist, and our watershed may have been like 8 in the 90s so I managed to catch it more weeks as I got older.
Didn't have a 'effing clue who was on the show till I re-watched them all a few years back. Now I'm 20 and I get high as hell and watch it for maaaaad nostalgia.

EDIT: just looked it up, it was on at 11pm in america and 6pm on sundays in UK, lol american kids cant handle SHIT.
 

direkiller

New member
Dec 4, 2008
1,656
0
0
evantrees said:
[spoiler ]Film trilogy
On June 1, 2008, it was announced that there will be a trilogy of ReBoot films coming to theatres. Jon Cooksey was assigned to write the script for the first film, but as of August 2008, he was dropped due to Rainmaker deciding to take a different direction with the story. At this time, it is unknown who will replace him.[12] The films are expected to follow a different story from the comic, but the overall plan is to continue the methodology in terms of engaging the fans.[13]
A teaser for the film was released on October 5, 2009, on Rainmaker's official site. In addition, an alleged new character design was revealed for the movie in an animation reel.
In a quarterly press release on March 11, 2011 Rainmaker CEO Warren Franklin announced "Our current slate includes several projects including a film based on the classic series ReBoot".[14]]Episodes [/spoiler]
saddly im not holding out hope(Tony Jay is dead and half the jokes they did in those days whould not fly)

anyway back on topic

how about a thundercats/voltron ripoff with a kid that's a Mime

 

cdstephens

New member
Apr 5, 2010
228
0
0
Ed Edd and Eddy, Batman, Powerpuff Girls, Beast Wars, Rolie Polie Olie, Angry Beavers, Space Ghost Coast to Coast, Cow and Chicken, Code Lyoko, Zatch Bell, Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo, Batman Beyond, Jackie Chan Adventures, Digimon, PB&J Otter, Rocko's Modern Life, Doug, Hey Arnold, The Wild Thornberrys, Johnny Bravo, Mucha Lucha, Sherlock Holmes in the 22nd Century, the Spiderman that's in the future cartoon, Ozzy and Drix.....and a whole bunch more.
 

gruggins

New member
Apr 24, 2011
119
0
0
Rawne1980 said:
Trap Door.
three words man:
"BURK! Feed me!"

the trap door was awesome. I recently found out that all the episodes are on youtube now.
anyway the guy who created it now works for aardman (the guys behind wallace and gromit. I think)
 

GreenSage

New member
Jun 11, 2011
14
0
0
Definitely gotta say "The Raccoons" i don't know about everybody here but everyone i grew up with never seemed to know what i was talking about.

 

Ashannon Blackthorn

New member
Sep 5, 2011
259
0
0
I liked this really weirdly drawn bit about the Wizard of Oz... total brain fry and it was on for a few minutes after Inspector Gadget early morning... this was 20 years ago too...