Cartoons you used to watch that no one else knew of.

Hipsy_Gypsy

Jun 2, 2011
Zappanale said:
I hate to break it to you guys but none of these cartoons were particularly obscure.
I agree almost entirely. The likes of Mucha Lucha, Jackie Chan, Ozzy and Drix, Static Shock Cubix and Ultimate Muscle weren't on all that long ago, for example. I certainly remember, along with quite a few people, Oakie Doke, The Magic Wishing Chair and one that was like a cross between the two aforementioned programs. Invader Zim, Batman Beyond, I remember. None of these are all that obscure if at all.

Now. I am yet to find more than two or three others, five to seven at the most on the internet who remembers this in English (and believe me, I have been researching this thoroughly as anything):

"Omer et le fils de l'etoile" in French or the English "Omer and the Starchild"

Anybody?

tehferret

Apr 8, 2011
I was going to say Dreamstone but I seem to have been beaten to the punch, so instead I can only offer this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5-KKFJ-wCI

Also did anyone watching Knightmare?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxzKTbu-aR0&feature=related

Feb 13, 2008
Leemaster777 said:
I've got a good one. I remember this show, but I have never met another person who has any idea what I'm talking about. They always give me funny looks. Hell, my SISTER doesn't have any idea what this show is, but I'm almost certain I've watched it with her.

Maybe because it's a british show, it must not have aired here for long.

Well, given it was featured in Nutty, back when I was still getting comics (early 80s), and when the TV series came out, it was voice-acted by the Goodies.

I could probably go back to The Herbs and Hector's House, but does anyone else remember Ludwig?

or Barbapapa

Or Skylark?

or Goober and the Ghost Chasers?

Byere said:
There was one other... It was a french cartoon that aired overe here in England. It was about a kid (possibly two, a boy and girl) who were friends with 5 alien creatures, each with a weird power... seemingly based around office supplies... All I remember of them was a bird that acted like a hole-punch and a walrus-like one that used its teeth like a stapler. I think one could draw, much like a pencil, but I'm not sure... If anyone knows what cartoon I'm talking about, please reply with a name as it's bugged me for ages.
You're not talking about The Flintstones are you? That's where the animals acting as office supplies came from.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Fishyash said:
I swear, that shit was more awesome than Pokemon. I wanted a Medabot so bad, a thousand times more than any Pokemon. Yes, even Charizard, go figure. The GBA game too was a lot more awesome, building your own robots and stuff.
demoman_chaos said:
Anyone else remember the Samurai Pizza Cats

I was going to post that dammit! Every time I asked someone about it I was met with blank stares. Gods I loved that cartoon.

ckam

Make America Great For Who?
Oct 8, 2008
Powerpuff Girls
Dexter's Laboratory
Samurai Jack
Ed, Edd, n' Eddy
Megas XLR
My Life as a Teenage Robot
Danny Phantom
Chalk Zone
Kid's Next Door
Courage the Cowardly Dog
Cow and Chicken
Fairly Odd Parents
Animaniacs
Kim Possible
The Critic
Darkwing Duck
Batman: The Animated Series
Pokemon
Dragon Ball Z
Digimon
Escaflowne
American Dragon: Jake Long
Jackie Chan Adventures
Bang.

demoman_chaos

May 25, 2009
Cowabungaa said:
I was going to post that dammit! Every time I asked someone about it I was met with blank stares. Gods I loved that cartoon.
The whole series is uploaded on youtube. Some of the audio is out of sync, but it is still awesome.

Delsana

Aug 16, 2011
V-R... V-R Troopers... V-R... V-R.... V-R Troopers.

Virtual reality.. GO!

---

Power Rangers... Time Force... Time Force... Power... Rangers.....

---

Dual!

---

Silent Mobius

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
I remember Mucha Lucha quite well. The premise of it reminded me if the creators of Dora decided to make a show that appealed to adolescents while still giving the huge Spanish background.

Wasn't too crazy about it, but the fact I remember it out of the rest of the shows must mean something.

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
knight of some random number said:
I do remember Mucha Lucha (The flea ^^) and Ultimate muscle (Beef and rice!)

Rawne1980 said:
Trap Door.

Not many folks here around my age and I don't think it's shown anymore so not many of the younger folks will have seen it.
Got all the episodes of that, a proper classic, I shall have to watch em all again now. (Berk! Wheres my breakfast?!)

Anyway....

I watched Thundercats when I was a child, now noone I knew watched that, they missed out big time, and its not like it was obscure (Atleast I dont think it was).

DSK-

May 13, 2010
M.A.S.K, Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors, Robotech, Bots master, Centurions Power Extreme, Bionic 6, Robotech, Skeleton Warriors, Ulysses 31,He-man, Thundercats, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Swat Cats, Gigantor, Ivor the Engine, GALAXY (FUCKING) RANGERS! \m/ and a few others.

Tenchi Muyo, The Guyver, Dominion Tank Police and a few others I saw when I was about 7/8 on Scifi back when we still had Sky. They'd always been on at about 10PM on a Friday night, and I'd watch them with my mum. They also had movied like M.D Geist on there, which I also watched lol :S

IndianaJonny

Mysteron Display Team
Jan 6, 2011
Leemaster777 said:

Banannaman
Hell to the yes friend.

thenumberthirteen said:
Did anyone else watch the Bots Master? I love this into.
With the talking robot heads on the shelves and everything, sweet show

Ok, how about this for underground:

Prince of Atlantis from none other than the Metal Hurlant crowd. Media related to this is so hard to find.

Oh yeah, and then there's this beauty:

Section Crow

Infamous Scribbler for Life
Aug 26, 2009
Batman of the future

i only know one other person who has ever heard of it and watched it

Chemical Alia

Feb 1, 2011
I watched Eek the Cat and the Terrible Thunderlizards like it was my job when I was in middle school. It's my favorite cartoon, but nobody talks it anymore.

Axyun said:
Pirates of Dark Water
I watched that show. One of the episodes in particular used to creep me the hell out. Around the same time Cartoon Network played a lot of older 70's sci-fi cartoons like Thundarr the Barbarian and Herculoids.

diebane

Apr 7, 2010
To stretch the term "cartoon", I present "Samurai Champloo". This is the only Anime I have ever watched that didn't have a huge franchise as far as I knew, examples "One Piece", "Yu-Gi-Oh", "Pokemon". It had aired in the holidays once, I was bored and it was 3am, so I decided to give it a shot.
I really liked it.

Is that Anime a classic or is it popular amongst the Anime experts?

mfG diebane

jelock

Nov 29, 2009
Leemaster777 said:
I've got a good one. I remember this show, but I have never met another person who has any idea what I'm talking about. They always give me funny looks. Hell, my SISTER doesn't have any idea what this show is, but I'm almost certain I've watched it with her.

I know it. I actually just looked up this same clip this morning.