Casual sex

Oliver Pink

Apr 3, 2010
To each their own.

I think it's logical - but again, people tend to scorn you for it...

You've also got to make sure the people you're sleeping with KNOW it's just sex and nothing else... You don't want to risk breaking hearts.

Sometimes, it can't be helped.

Instinct Blues

Jun 8, 2008
It really all depends on how many partners they have had. I mean if they've had over ten I'd be very inclined to say no even if I was very attracted to them and if it got past 20 it'd be a definite no from me.

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
I think one night stands are okay if both parties know it's just a bit of fun and you play it safe of course.

I don't like the idea of friends with benefits at all though that would feel kind of rubbish to me becuase the person cares about you but doesn't care enough to have a relationship.

I can't really stand people who cheat on significant others. However, I would probably just not speak to friends who did that anymore, rather than make a scene and say they are wrong to do it.

That's just my personal feelings of course. I prefer long term relationships to anything else.

HentMas

The Loneliest Jedi
Apr 17, 2009
I hate it... true story, i have had my share of casual sex but i dont like it its just so... impersonal, maybe its because i´m older, maybe its because i cant separate my emotions from my sexual drive, but i hate it.

J_Monsterface

Aug 8, 2011
life is all about sex, the main human drive is to procreate

so sex is pretty awesome (feeling), but its anything but casual

its the opposite of casual, and if when you do it you only experience casual or friendly feelings, its probably not going so well

a friend, by definition, is someone you keep around but dont have sex with, like an extended family

friends with benefits with is nonsense

more like an unhappy disloyal couple with commitment issues

its good to get several off when your young and in good shape, and most young people are better at that then actual relationships, but theres something to be said for monogamous sex as well

its nice when you can focus all that animal energy on one person and have them do the same, downright transcendent even, when you can even love each others ugliness

id say it depends on your own ego/emotional stability

less committed sex is better for some than others, depends what you need and want

but hell, might aswell get it while you can

do what feels right and good, and stop when it doesnt feel that way. be honest about yourself and have fun, theres certainly nothing wrong with it, it is essentially our gift for being alive

aei_haruko

Jun 12, 2011
RaisonD said:
What do you people think of casual sex or being friends with benefits? What do you think of women/men who sleep around a bit? Would you consider going steady with someone like that? Any experiences on the matter?

I myself am female and quite open for sex with friends (supposing that all parties are single etc). Consequently, I've had some sweet sexy times with a few of my friends. I have enjoyed these encounters a great deal. However, I know this is met with some scorn and would like to hear what others think of the subject.
Idk I seek love, sex is a benifit of love to be honest, at least to me it is

Ironsouled

Nov 5, 2009
Only way to stop STD's is, indeed, Not fucking around... and no sharing needles, but as this isn't a drug use topic no point in opening THAT can of worms up.

Now, I myself am no virgin, but I'm well aware I roll dice every time I get it stuck in, no matter who it is. 'Safe' sex isn't, but so long as you know the risks, why should I give a damn?

I just dislike the view that people think condom+contraceptive=no more problems ever, as it is incorrect.

MorgulMan

Apr 8, 2009
RaisonD said:
What do you people think of casual sex or being friends with benefits?
I think it's wrong, and a self-destructive, self-deluding mistake. I think casual sex is an oxymoron.

What do you think of women/men who sleep around a bit?
Mostly, I feel bad for them. They've been duped and lied to by a world and a culture that cares not one whit for their well-being, happiness, or anything about them really. (Besides their consumer habits, perhaps.) They're only doing what is the most natural thing for mankind: seeking happiness and the good. Since sex is probably one of the most awesome, transcendent good you can get in this world, and since no one tells them differently, sure it makes perfect sense to get as much as you reasonably can. They're wrong, and they're likely to end up worse for the wear, but that's not different from many other mistakes we can make, with a few rather obvious exceptions.

Would you consider going steady with someone like that?
Well, assuming that you mean hypothetically if I were single...that depends. If going steady means she's not having casual sex still with other people, then possibly. Of course, the reverse, would someone want to get into a monogamous relationship with me when we would not be having sex, and that has been the norm for her, might pose some problems.

Overall, probably not.

Any experiences on the matter?
On not being interested in a relationship involving casual sex? Sure. It's broken my interest in several women, and the reverse has happened once as well. On having casual sex? No.

And then of course, releasing the vultures. I know my views are not popular, but I have never courted popularity.

Ham_authority95

Dec 8, 2009
RaisonD said:
What do you people think of casual sex or being friends with benefits? What do you think of women/men who sleep around a bit? Would you consider going steady with someone like that? Any experiences on the matter?

I myself am female and quite open for sex with friends (supposing that all parties are single etc). Consequently, I've had some sweet sexy times with a few of my friends. I have enjoyed these encounters a great deal. However, I know this is met with some scorn and would like to hear what others think of the subject.
If you want to do it, go ahead. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise unless you're a danger to others.

I wouldn't do it unless I broke up with my girlfriend first(which I don't want to), but even then it would feel rather empty. ]For me, it also wouldn't just feel empty afterwards, but I would feel really emotional for the person. If I was to sleep with them, I would obviously have feelings for them in the first place. I've become too much of a Romantic for casual sex to appeal to me. However, I would probably still high-five a friend who just slept with his/her fuck buddy.

drisky

Mar 16, 2009
I don't judge people for it and don't do it either. I had a friend offer, but I turned it down because taking it would have ruined our friendship considering she freaks out at anyone who she slept with and showed the slightest bit of attachment.

Thaius

Mar 5, 2008
Sex in a casual context takes something that could be special and meaningful, as well as pleasurable, and takes away all value but the pleasure. I say sex is immeasurably better if it's only used in the context that makes it so; casual sex simply devalues the entire thing.

Irony's Acolyte

Back from the Depths
Mar 9, 2010
I've got no problem with it. There shouldn't be a problem with some people wanting to have a one night stand thing or just add sexual intimacy to their friendship without romance factoring in. I'm sure it can get messy if some of the people involved don't understand the reality of the situation (they think it means more than it does). Not to say that casual sex is the only kind of sex though. I'm sure that having sex with a dedicated partner can be alot better than a one time thing with a random guy/girl or friend. But hey, so long as everybody's okay with it, I don't really have a problem.

Lim3

Feb 15, 2010
I dunno, all those fluids? It seems like any friendship would be complicated by it.

Hagi

Apr 10, 2011
For me it's pretty simple.

I disprove of sex that's either unsafe or while drunk with strangers. Unsafe sex is never fine. Drunk and with strangers also isn't fine in my opinion, too much risk for crap going down later.

Sex with strangers while sober or sex while drunk with friends is okay, just not my thing at all. I won't do it but I honestly don't care if anyone I knows does.

Sober sex with friends I might do, but it would depend on the friend. I'd be afraid of too much emotional attachment and one party wanting more where the other does not.

Sex in a romantic relationship is freaking awesome. Really not much more to be said.

Jedisolo75

Aug 12, 2009
well, guys who do it are cool, but when a girl does it she is obviously a slut. I'm surprised that you would even have to ask.

Faladorian

May 3, 2010
I look down on it, and people who practice it. I find it extremely objectionable.

And no, I would never date a girl that was okay with casual sex.

binnsyboy said:
OT: The high and mighty "I don't even want to be associated with people like that. They're pathetic and weak!" types can fuck right off. Get over yourselves, because guess what? Sexual habits don't make the person, and you probably know that. But you're most likely some sexually deprived sod dealing with it badly. I can respect virgins, you should respect people who know what they like. Not you, guy I quoted. I was referencing *those* people.
Good to know you're open to discussion. Promiscuity reveals more of a person's personality than just "what they like." It could either show that they are weak-willed, that they don't take anything seriously, or they're irresponsible.

The majority of people I have met who are "inclusive" are just uninhibited hedonists who scrape the floor for instant gratification like an oblivious animal. See? Both sides can play the dehumanizing game.

Of course people would seem "high-and-mighty" about something that some consider to be a moral issue. That's the nature of the conversation.

Redworld13

Jul 27, 2010
frankly , i spent a year sleeping around, and looking back im so angry at myself, i dont really care how people feel about it(everyones entitled to their own thoughts) but somthing about sleeping around pisses me off

TheLaofKazi

Mar 20, 2010
In quite a few cases, I don't really like it. It's not the casual sex itself that bothers me, it's how people go about doing it. So many people out there go about it in the most reckless and disrespectful way, and from looking at what some people have posted, people looking down on casual sex is usually based on association. People who have lots of casual sex don't tend to be the kind of people you want to be around.

But there exceptions to that rule. Casual sex can be approach with ethics, honesty, responsibility and respect. I think society has repressed more open attitudes towards sex, and as a result, often can't approach it maturely, which is a shame.