Catherine Officially Cheating on Japan With U.S.

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Catherine Officially Cheating on Japan With U.S.

You can stop hating Atlus now: Catherine is officially coming to North America.

Atlus's erotic thriller Catherine has been getting a lot of press, what with its no plans [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/103584-Catherine-Gets-Seductively-Horrifying-New-Trailer] to localize the game. Well, wipe those tears away this instant, because Atlus has officially confirmed Catherine for release in North America.

The announcement was almost assured when Catherine popped up [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/108089-GameStop-Lists-Catherine-for-July-US-Release] for a brief period of time on the GameStop website with a release date of July 26. Atlus doesn't confirm the date, but does say that Catherine will be available in summer 2011.

[gallery=149]

Atlus manager of PR and sales Aram Jabbari describes Catherine as an "unprecedented exploration of the pleasures and horrors of love." It follows a character named Vincent whose girlfriend, Katherine, asks him for a long-avoided commitment. The next day, after a night of drinking, Vincent awakens in his bed next to a gorgeous seductress named Catherine (a different woman), unsure of what happened on the previous night. Vincent's fears about commitment and fidelity manifest themselves in his dreams as "horribly disfigured monsters" while he attempts to navigate the block-puzzles of his morality.

It also has sheep men. Catherine will be available on both the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, with the game's two ladies each gracing a different cover. Will you choose commitment, or a one-night stand?

Apr 28, 2008
Excuse me for a moment.

OMGYESJOJOGAJOGNANIRNGANG!!!

*ahem*

This news pleases me. Very much.

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
I think I can some up everyone's response to this in two words: HECK YEAH!!! Now, let's just hope they don't censor the darn thing too much and that you-know-who News does not get their hands on it.

Celtic_Kerr

May 21, 2010
Irridium said:
Excuse me for a moment.

OMGYESJOJOGAJOGNANIRNGANG!!!

*ahem*

This news pleases me. Very much.
Irridium. You're a nice guy. You're awesome. You post wonderful opinions.

But we have GOT to talk about this "Taking the words out of my mouth" thing.

Keep it up. That is all.

OT: I'm very glad that this is happening. Sounds like an awesome game

Doctor What

Jul 29, 2008
For the last week I have refused to play persona 4 as my own personal strike. Albeit, it hurt me more than it did Atlus. I am so sorry. I hope you'll forgive me.

OT: well, here's my summer game.

Shining_Pyrelight

Oct 17, 2010
I never doubt Atlus, I'm glad I didn't with Catherine ^.^

Besides, Catherine won't be a AAA release, it'll be a niche title. Big evil news organizations (that I won't name) seem to focus solely on big release games, which Catherine won't be.

And I'm hoping for reversable cover arts. I don't wanna buy 2 versions of the same game -_-

scnj

Nov 10, 2008
Hey, Atlus. Europe here. Do we get this game or are you gonna Demon's Souls us again?

PurplePlatypus

Duel shield wielder
Jul 8, 2010
Europe? D:
Please let it come out in Europe, it sounds too good not to come out here in some form.

i am not god

Dec 6, 2007
Gamegodtre said:
i am not god said:
Hell. Yes. But I want both covers...
then do what im going to do and buy both versions
Yeah I was probably going to do that, just the money constraints, but then again I have spent more money on less useful stuff. It's a shame though because I've got a 360 but prefer the ps3 art.