Cayman School Holds Violent Game Round-Up

Escapefromwhatever

Feb 21, 2009
School Principal: These violent video games are making kids violent! We must do something!

Assistant: Should we instruct the children about separating fantasy from reality, and perhaps also speak to them of how to contend with themes that may challenge them mentally?

School Principal: No...no...there's only one answer to this- we must destroy the games!

Assistant: Isn't that a bit...violent, sir?

Phil Sebben: Haha, irony.

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
Good for them. I hope they try this every year. They are just proving the stupidity of this cause and helping ours.

Maybe next time Mr. Wallace you can try doing some real research instead of getting all your "research" from a media source that is pissed off that they are getting their asses kicked by games.

Armored Prayer

Mar 10, 2009
Like destroying a bunch of games is going to help.

Maybe instead of banning together to destroy a few games, they can ban together and do something about kids behaviors instead.

Its not the games fault, it the kids who play them.

Chris M.

Jan 10, 2009
Well yeah. If 11-and-unders are playing this then something is VERY wrong with those parents. I mean, the hell? If they can't care enough to look at a friggin' rating then why should they later blame it on something that is not to blame for their problems.

LeonLethality

Mar 10, 2009
It sounds like those book burnings... But with -gasp- GAMES! I doubt any owner of those games would hand them over without a fight to the death and besides didn't they pay for the games I would only hand them over for a full cash refund (actually twice as much as I paid) so I can buy a new one AND make profit... BRILLIANT!

I kinda went off topic there...

Kollega

Jun 5, 2009
So, they want to violently destroy violent videogames in a symbolic act against violence. Clever.

hamster mk 4

Apr 29, 2008
They do realize that they are asking people to vandalize on their own property? Property that may have cost them $40-$50 to acquire.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
scnj said:
Absolutely ridiculous. If primary school children are playing games like that it's clearly the parents' fault.
Yeah. They shouldnt be letting them play games like that in a first place.

sunpop

Oct 23, 2008
Abedeus said:
Yes, I'm so desentified that I can't look at a syringe piercing my skin when I have a flu/allergy shot or I have my blood drawn.

What a bunch of ignorant fascists.
Lol that reminds me of when I got a shot at school I jumped and she ended up stabbing me a good 3 times in a row

Coach Morrison

Jun 8, 2009
hey everyone lets round up little kids and show them that if you dont like something BURN IT, dont just take it away we must destroy it. those kids will probably grow up to be murderes now

NeutralMunchHotel

Jun 14, 2009
Multi-Kill said:
Gilbert Munch said:
Well, I must admit I'm on their side. This is a primary school, with 'primary' implying 11 and younger. Now, if this was a secondary school it'd be different, but I am 100% opposed to 11-and-unders playing GTA and the like.
Then you probably wont like the fact that I played and watch my friends (who were the same age as me) play GTA:San Andreas, Halo, Halo 2,and brute force when we were all 9,10,11,and 12.
And... that comment adds... what? It's just reinforcing the idea that kids who play GTA at 11 or so think it's something to brag about.

I don't particularlly care that you played it when you were that age; what annoys me is that you think it's worth bringing up.

Lazy Kitty

Evil
May 1, 2009
DRTJR said:
Didn't Germany do something similar in the 30's
They did something like that more recently.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/95480-German-Group-Holdling-a-Killer-Game-Cull
Though they weren't very succesful.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/95592-German-Killer-Game-Culling-Fails-to-Set-the-World-on-Fire

Apr 24, 2008
Isn't this sending the message that if you oppose something, you should destroy it forcefully? You really throw away any credability you had as a reasonable thinker, when you come to the conclusion that things that you don't like don't deserve to exist.

Gildan Bladeborn

Aug 11, 2009
Abedeus said:
Yes, I'm so desentified that I can't look at a syringe piercing my skin when I have a flu/allergy shot or I have my blood drawn.

My sister has that problem - she can look at people who have been eviscerated, but the mere glimpse of a needle makes her shield her eyes in terror. Not needles going into her mind you, needles going into anyone, whether in real life or in television programs or films.

It's frankly kind of weird that blood and guts are (mostly) fine but simple devices wielded by health care professionals are objects of gut-wrenching terror.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Gildan Bladeborn said:
Abedeus said:

My sister has that problem - she can look at people who have been eviscerated, but the mere glimpse of a needle makes her shield her eyes in terror. Not needles going into her mind you, needles going into anyone, whether in real life or in television programs or films.

It's frankly kind of weird that blood and guts are (mostly) fine but simple devices wielded by health care professionals are objects of gut-wrenching terror.
Meh... I watch House on regular basis and I love other shows/programs related to medical stuff. They have a lot of open chests, brain surgeries and so on. I just don't like the idea of a small needle doing something to my veins.

JWAN

Dec 27, 2008
Violent videogames cause people to kill
games with drugs cause kids to want to shoot up some drugs
parents should be friends not parents
knives magically stab people
guns randomly kill people
pencils misspell words

didn't you guys know that stuff?^

gilthanan said:
What do video games burn at? Fahrenheit 528 anyone?
lol^