Cayman School Holds Violent Game Round-Up

topsyturvy

Jan 13, 2009
I'm going to take a page out of A Series of Unfortunate Events, we shouldn't be trying to hide things from our kids, we should instead make them more aware and more critical of them. The thing they're trying to do,while worthy, isn't exactly a great way of dealing with violence in general.

Spudgun Man

Oct 29, 2008
Reasearch has shown shit.

It's the mind it goes into and not the influence. I've played plenty of violent games and I haven't killed anyone! (yet mwhahahhaha)

SUPA FRANKY

Aug 18, 2009

Isn't that in itself violent? Also, would you be willing to destroy something you paid 60 dollars for, even though it was a complete turd?

warbaloon

Aug 11, 2009
"But there's no off button in real life; there's no restart."

Number of times I've wished I could hit quicksave IRL: At least 50.
Number of times I've hit quicksave IRL in case I needed to do things again: 0.

Doom gave me nightmares when I was 6 though hehe.

TxMxRonin

Jan 1, 2009
So, they're going to destroy something that has to do with violence by destroying it with something that symbolizes violence?

maddyanderson

Dec 18, 2009
I love children who don't play violent games!!!
I hate it like the mother I am! lol
Let me express my story about my children who don't play violent games.

My sons love video games but they're not allowed to play any kinds of games. I prefer they play educative stuff.
I've read about MMO games and discovered this one
www.planet51online.com
With this kind of games they get some communication skills and social skills because they have to play with other gamers. And they learn so much about the Internet process and protocols, which is also useful.
Well, I love that game because my sons liked the movie and this game is about races and I think it's very appropiated for them.

If you want to know how it looks: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgjl6QiGhhw

hope you play and have fun and say no to violent games!!!

Altorin

Jack of No Trades
May 16, 2008
So it's come to forming video game burnings?

Honestly?

Makes me a little sick actually. I mean, didn't we learn the lessons before with books? Remember when book burnings were all the rage, and then everyone realized what tools they were for doing it and it never solved anything?

What these kids in the Cayman Islands need to do is, take their violent video games, and write bible scripture all over them, and then, if they try and burn them, you say they're burning the bible, and see how long that lasts.

hahaha.. actually that would be fucking hilarious.

Aedrial

Jun 24, 2009
Donnyp said:
Toastngravy said:
Caymans have a little catching up to do.
Caymans? More like Caveman(s)!
I am so clever...

Although moving along this is just rather silly. It made me imagine the book Fahrenheit 451 but with violent games. That's our future. A group going around and burning violent video games so we don't have violent thoughts. Yeah, because that's going to work.
CLEVER! lol

OT: if your child is desensitized to violence and such then the blame is on the parents and not the games. This is just taking blame off of yourself and putting it on an outside source trying to get away from the truth. If your child is angry and violent then sit them down and have a talk with them.

Also if they do this they have to burn the Bible and all religion based movies. I don't want to offend anyone but look how violent they are. Just trying to give equal treatment.
But double standards is what this whole crusade is all about! =P

MrSnugglesworth

Into the Wild Green Snuggle
Jan 15, 2009
Parents don't realise that doing things like destroying games will bring out the violent action they think they are preventing!

The have to talk with their children instead of being the spark of their "Desensitized" violent actions.

GamingAwesome1

May 22, 2009
Mrsnugglesworth said:
Parents don't realise that doing things like destroying games will bring out the violent action they think they are preventing!

The have to talk with their children instead of being the spark of their "Desensitized" violent actions.
Indeed, very true.

I know if I for one was forced to throw my games away I'd go fucking berserk!

Scrat01

Nov 11, 2009
I got to say. With all the humans have not really evolved. Our coulter has formed new rules and laws. Technology and the like have evolved it to an almost god-like state. And yet, humans themselves have not evolved. We are still as violent now as we were ten thousand B.C. Gaming, movies, and the ect have not changed this. At one time it was considered right to train children in the arts of war. However, I do applaud their effort in "Getting rid of violence".

I have to say, I am a prime example of what they are against. I am a Soldier who has served four years in combat in Iraq and has even received an award of Valor after eliminating several insurgents. This does not mean I will go stab a random person. I have even hopes of joining the police force.