Challenge accepted

EyeReaper

Aug 17, 2011
Well, using the grappletongue in Goat Simulator was probably the best Spider-man game I've played since the PS2-era.
and Big Rigs makes me feel like I'm Winner. Which is fine by me

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness has some absolutely brilliant music. Some of the best in the series if I'm perfectly honest.

<youtube=_E0ATHLucoU>

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
SteveTR said:
The story and music in Tomb Raider Angel of Darkness were really good.
DAMMIT WHY DID YOU NINJA ME

Then again, I think the story was half-baked at best, but holy cow dat soundtrack.

SteveTR

May 4, 2012
lacktheknack said:
SteveTR said:
The story and music in Tomb Raider Angel of Darkness were really good.
DAMMIT WHY DID YOU NINJA ME

Then again, I think the story was half-baked at best, but holy cow dat soundtrack.
I have dem mad ninja skillz.
But seriously, the soundtrack is amazing. I'm really nostalgic for this track right here:

crazygameguy4ever

Jul 2, 2012
hmm... good things about games i hate... ok...even though Beyond Two Souls is a horrible "game" has some really good visuals

Skyrim is ambitious..

GTA5 is a massive game with lots to see and do...

and Fallout 3 is kind of interesting at the beginning

Dominic Crossman

Apr 15, 2013
Ff10, the gameplay in-battle was brilliant, female characters r good looking but not sexualised (lulu maybe?) And great story (as far as ff games go), long unskippable cutscenes r sort of a deal breaker unfortunately. (Seriously, if I have time to go make a hot drink while it's on, it's too long, kettle takes about 3 mins to boil)

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
Portal 2 was really funny.

Shame it was so boring, ugly and repetitive to play.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
MeChaNiZ3D said:
(sees all the games people hating and wonders how)
The next challenge for the Escapist users: Choose actually bad games rather than the 'look at me, I'm so edgy" choices. xD

spoonybard.hahs

Apr 24, 2013
Aliens: Colonial Marines had aliens in it. And I am all about the aliens. And FFXIII, XIII-2, and Lightening Returns had-

Sorry... I can do a lot of things. But feigning any sort of praise for that unholy trinity is a dark pit I will not throw myself into.

Adeptus Aspartem

Jul 25, 2011
GTA IV has some insane good world building with all the shows, radio, clubs, facebook-alike site etc. etc.

Really immersive.

JustCallMeJonny

Oct 26, 2013
spoonybard.hahs said:
FFXIII, XIII-2, and Lightening Returns had-

Sorry... I can do a lot of things. But feigning any sort of praise for that unholy trinity is a dark pit I will not throw myself into.
They were really pretty, I guess. The race scene in FF13 is easily one of my favourite cutscenes ever.

SmallHatLogan

Jan 23, 2014
Final Fantasy VIII: World was great, music was great, Triple Triad was awesome.

GabeZhul said:
I just find it really funny how most of the examples people are bringing up as games they "hated" are some of the most highly regarded and universally loved titles out there. I was expecting more actually bad games is all I am saying...
lacktheknack said:
MeChaNiZ3D said:
(sees all the games people hating and wonders how)
The next challenge for the Escapist users: Choose actually bad games rather than the 'look at me, I'm so edgy" choices. xD
Well, games that are universally hated most likely have a lot less redeeming qualities. I'd like to say something nice about ET or Superman 64 but I really can't. Plus the bad games that you remember are usually the ones that didn't meet your expectations. I played plenty of horrible shareware Windows 95 games back in the day but I can't really remember them. FFVIII I remember because I had played and loved a few FF games before playing it.

thesilentman

What this
Jun 14, 2012
As much as I didn't enjoy AC Revelations, it was indeed quite fun using the hook to slide everywhere. Istanbul itself also had some damn good lighting. I'm serious, it started to feel as if day and night were really occurring.

SidheKnight

Nov 28, 2011
Bioshock 2 had better gameplay mechanics than the original Bioshock, (except that whole playing as a big daddy thing).

Too bad the story sucks ass.

Smolderin

Feb 5, 2012
That opening to Shadow the Hedgehog was pretty cool and good looking for the time. Shame it is the only thing it had going for it.

chiggerwood

Lurker Extrordinaire
May 10, 2009
The shooting mechanics in Max Payne 3 were very well done.

It's a shame that the story and dialog made me want to strangle dear old Maximilian with his own dead family, add onto that loading times several minutes long and you got yourself a premium shit sandwich with aside of fuck yourself fries. Yeah... remember when the third Crash Bandicoot game came out and a had 45 second long load times and that killed the entire series? Yeah I miss those days.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Sonic '06 had the decency to write its' own plot out of existence. Music was great too. Particularly the final boss.