Characters you find yourself immediately liking

Reed Spacer

That guy with the thing.
Jan 11, 2011
It doesn't happen with every game, but sometimes a character will make an appearance and something will just click. Whether it's that you like their attitude, their way of speaking or you just find them endearing, what are the characters that you just liked right off?

In my case, it was Teepo, from Tales of Xillia. The first time he spoke, I broke into a grin. I love his personality and his voice is just perfect.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Any character voiced by Yuri Lowenthal is immediately OK in my book. So that's the Prince of Persia, Luke from Tales of the Abyss, Cornelius from Odin's Sphere and a whole bunch of others.

Morgoth780

Aug 6, 2014
Well, I'm a huge fan of Garrus in Mass Effect.

Uh...

That's all that really comes to mind right now. I've been playing too much ME.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Quite a lot of them, let me try to think of some off the top of my head:

Michiru from Grisaia no Kaijitsu for that amazing opening scene, Yumiko also has a good one with her trying the good old slap to the face on Yuuji (which he effortlessly catches in midair because he's one of those actual competent protagonists) but Michiru is still Best Girl

Labrys and Shadow Labrys in Persona 4 Arena. Labrys for being totally adorable and making Yosuke's Route absolutely godlike (obviously they made Yu's canon because all hail Gary Stu though) and Shadow Labrys has quality evil laughs and I like how completely straightforward she is. No complex motivations, just "Come Asterius, everything dies now"

Her one scene in Ultimax? Perfect. Not even mad that she wasn't in it much. That "I cannot believe this is happening, the cheese is making me want to vomit" scene.

"......"

*Drops axe*

"Fine. I've had enough of this shit. You take back over Labrys."

CrimsonBlaze

Aug 29, 2011
Although I'm very fond of many male characters/protagonists (Sonic the Hedgehog, Vector Man, Nathan Drake, Megaman, Ezio Auditore da Firenze, etc.), I'm strongly drawn to female protagonists.

As such:

KOS-MOS - Xenosaga series

The strongest and deadliest battle android in the universe that also harbors strange and unworldly powers. Though mostly a cold, rigid machine, completely indifferent to anyone or anything outside of her objectives, she secretly shows signs of being more than simply a tool for destruction.

Gwendolyn - Odin Sphere

A valiant Valkyrie under the command of the Demon King Odin, she strives to honor the memory of her fallen sister and gain her father's respect. Though sometimes timid and uncertain of her own actions, she carries on, determined to do what is best to quell the war-torn lands she fights to protect.

Peacock - Skullgirls

Everything from her look to her personality ooze classic cartoons with a sadistic and rude twist. Created to take out the ultimate evil, the Skullgirl, this not-so innocent 12 year-old will dominate any fight with an array of bombs and gags, as well as the mouth of a surly sailor.

Aqua - Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep

One of the few true Keyblade Masters at the time, this warrior of sword and sorcery fights to protect what is most important to her. Willing to sacrifice everything for the sake of friends, she proves to be one of the most prominent protagonist in the series.

Rozalin - Disgaea 2

Being brought up in an isolated castle, she had never experienced the outside world; until an unfortunate event caused her to realize that all was not what she believed to be. Despite being a bit bossy and egotistical, she proves to be a valued long range fighter and prominent spellcaster.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
B.J. Blaskowitz from Wolfenstein: The New Order.

It's been a while since we've had a genuinely nice and noble action hero again. Sure, he murders tons of nazi's, but he's nice to everyone who deserves it and treats his companions with a great amount of respect.

Solo-Wing

Wanna have a bad time?
Dec 15, 2010
Tali from Mass Effect.
Curly from Cave Story.
Knight Solaire from Dark Souls. [sub]PRAISE THE SUN![/sub]
Vivi from Final Fantasy IX.
GLaDOS from Portal.
Sly from the Sly Cooper games.
Solo-Wing[sub][sub][sub]Ahem...[/sub][/sub][/sub] Pixy from Ace Combat Zero
Balthier from Final Fantasy IX
Dr. Nefarious from the Ratchet and Clank games
Blackrose from the .Hack series.

All characters I love very very much.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Waka from FF10 was the first character that came immediately to mind when I read this thread's topic.

A second thought, Drake. Very likeable character.

Master Chief is very likeable in an admiration kind of way, but I could hang with these two characters.

Rayce Archer

Jun 26, 2014
Casual Shinji said:
B.J. Blaskowitz from Wolfenstein: The New Order.

It's been a while since we've had a genuinely nice and noble action hero again. Sure, he murders tons of nazi's, but he's nice to everyone who deserves it and treats his companions with a great amount of respect.
BJ is responsible for what may be my favorite line in any game ever.

"So. Nazis on the moon.
Fuck you, moon."

Scow2

Aug 3, 2009
First off - Katt from Breath of Fire 2. I think it was the lack of pants, and kittiness.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Varric from DA2. Don't even own the game, only saw him for a bit when a friend was playing it, like him already.

Poetic Nova

Pulvis Et Umbra Sumus
Jan 24, 2012
A.B.A. and Bridget from Guilty Gear, Gaige the Mechromancer from BL2, From the Grave from the GunGrave games, Artyom from Metro 2033 (mostly thanks to the book, which allowed me to somewhat roleplay him in the first game).

Might be more that slip from my mind, might ad them later.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Bayonetta from... well... you know...

She was awesome and everything that came out of her mouth was solid gold.

Lilith from Borderlands. Her quips in the original game were great and she was OP as fuck with great powers.

Also, I really liked Ezio from Assassin's Creed II.

Mimic

Jul 22, 2014
Despite being a bit of an asshole I did like Bill from the Last of Us. I found the banter pretty funny. He struck me as a guy with a tough exterior but a with a teeny tiny warm heart - hidden behind barbed wire and tripmines.

Also Linebeck from Zelda's Phantom Hourglass, he made a great comedy sidekick.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
The ones that I have at the top of my head:

[ul]
[li]Magus from Chrono Trigger.[/li]
[li]Aran Ryan from Punch Out (Wii version).[/li]
[li]Wheatley, Rick and the defective turrets from Portal 2.[/li]
[li]Bayonetta and Rodin from Bayonetta.[/li]
[/ul]

Feb 4, 2014
Bayonetta is my choice as well :D
at first you looked at her smashing angels of the falling remnants of the Umbran clock tower. next you see a nun with glasses be all holy and serene. And then the nun reaches forth to the heavens towards the angels to....

SPANK THEM CUZ' THEY'RE NAUGHTY >:3
No-one will deny that Bayonetta is awesome.