Cheat codes you remember

xNaturalMystic

Apr 15, 2009
L1 R1 L2 X Left Down Right Up Left Down Right Up- San Andreas money code. I don't get how i remember this cuz i haven't played SA since it came out lol

nitro27

Sep 14, 2010
DOOM 1 and 2:
1-iddqd
2-idspispopd
3-idclip (I don't really like it)
4-idkfa

Quake 1:
5-iddqd (too fun)

Half-Life 1 and 2
185-EVERY DAMN CODE EVER (almost)

Inconspicuous Trenchcoat

Shinku Hadouken!
Nov 12, 2009
there is no cow level, black sheep wall and power overwhelming - StarCraft (Instantly win a campaign mission, remove fog of war and invincibility, respectively)

how do you turn this on - Age of Empires II (It spawned a sports car that shot out cannon shells at the speed of a machine gun ^^ My brother and I sometimes had car wars over a LAN).

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
nwccoconuts - infinite movement in heroes of might and magic 3, i played the shit out of that game when it came out, but i since i was 8 or 9 (10 or 11 when i stopped playing, i really loved that game) the strategy needed to win was just a little too much for me, i never got why you would need several heroes or put units into the gates :p, i actually tried it again a few months back when i found my families old pc, it was back in the days before DRM so no cd was needed and i actually remembered a ton of the cheats and got the monty phyton references.

i sorta remember some age of empires cheats, i think it was something along the lines of ohiohiman - over powered priest, bigdaddy a giant sports car with a bigass canon on top, gaia a completly useless but fun cheat and pepperoni pizza and woodstock (ah i get it now) - 1000 food and wood.

no surprise that the cheats i remember are from back when i actually needed cheats and when i onlu owned 2 games that i played nonstop ^^, the last game i played like that was diablo 2, never needed cheats (dont think there are any) but it took me a long time to win, the first time i defeated baal i lost my shit, i ran around the house and brought my mom in to see how awesome i was, and then got pissed/happy when i saw that i had to do it all again 2 more times, i miss the simpler days when you had one game for 1-2 years.

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
believer258 said:
JUSTIN BAILEY

The original Metroid - it gave you everything.

I remember it for two reasons - the name is very similar to mine, and the story of some kid typing his name into the password generator is extremely coincidental and quite intriguing to me.
and the 8-bit boobies had nothing to do with it?

also, your name is close to justin bailey and your screen name is believer?... are you the guy we have to thank for the bailings song?

CAPTCHA

Mushroom Camper
Sep 30, 2009
Everyone knows Doom codes, but for some reason no one has put the most useful one down IDCLEV(xx) for level warp.

Oldest cheat I know is this one for Ultima 6: Talk to Llolo and type: SPAM [enter] SPAM [enter] SPAM [enter] HUMBUG to open the cheat menu.

Or perhaps this one from Sonic the Hedgehog: A.B.C.B.A.C.A.B.C.B.A.C

Cheatings for losers though : p

Lekonua

Mar 25, 2009
Up, Down, Left, Right, Hold A, Start. Level select for Sonic the Hedgehog.

B, A, Right, A, C, Up, Down, A. Level select for Sonic 3D Blast.

Piphchan

Aug 20, 2008
One I remember the most would be Left-Right-Right-Left-Right-Right-Left-Right-Left-Right which allowed you to type cheat codes in Donkey Kong Country 3. Weirdly the code I remember the most is "merry", which enabled xmas music to be played in bonus stages...

[Cold-Shoulder]

Jun 5, 2009
Up, down, right, left, square, square, square.
Recovers all health lost in Tenchu Wrath of Heaven.
Pity that I only remember that one instead of all the far more better cheats in that game. :/

Ivan Torres

Sep 27, 2010
Pressing all 4 C-Buttons is suicide in the Battletanx games. And also, if you have enough ammo, pressing A and B at the same time does some crazy things to power-ups (Laser's bounce off walls, all your rockets are fired continuously).

I remember some cheats for army men II, such as throwmeafreakin'bonehere, and shrinkwrap.

maturin

Jul 20, 2010
Age of Empires 2:
how do you turn this on (blue sports car with machineguns)
furious the monkey Boy (a monkey that destroys buildings with his fists)
woof woof (flying dogs)

Kurt Horsting

Jul 3, 2008
Konami code: up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, b, a, Start. (you know what this does)

Starcraft: Operation CWAL (instant build), Power Overwhelming (invincible everything and kill everything in one shot)

Starcraft 2: Terrible Terrible Damage (See Power Overwhelming)

Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Old Sagat jab, up, down, down, up, jab or short.

d3vious

Feb 22, 2010
glitteringprizes - infinite resources (WC2)
itisagooddaytodie - makes units invincible (WC2)

Akytalusia

Nov 11, 2010
believer258 said:
JUSTIN BAILEY

The original Metroid - it gave you everything.

I remember it for two reasons - the name is very similar to mine, and the story of some kid typing his name into the password generator is extremely coincidental and quite intriguing to me.
ninja'd.
also 'damn': simcity, made every building a church.