Cheating AI

Aposthebest

Mar 17, 2010
NBA 2K12, one of the most ridiculous rubber bundings I've seen so far. To the point of it being so obvious that a troll face should be on the box.

MiskWisk

Mar 17, 2012
I think what gets on my nerves with AI in games is that most in rts's, when you ramp up the difficulty, it doesn't make the AI any smarter but instead overpowers their units and increase resource gathering. At least the C&C game I got told you this but I have played others where the unit that is super strong against another suddenly cannot hold out.
And anyone who has ever upped the difficulty on End War will know that the WMDs you use seem pathetic but the AI's just seems to destroy everything despite any preparation you've done

Dandark

Sep 2, 2011
AI do cheat a lot in some games. The AI in Dawn of war was designed to cheat so that they provided more of a challenge which is why "comp stomps"(Human team vs AI team) can be pretty fun and still challenging to new players, you usaully need to know how to play your faction to do well.

The bots in League of legends are terrible for this too. They have much lower cooldowns and get more gold and XP than you. It's been improved but it used to be terrible.

Mar 28, 2011
The7Sins said:
nothingspringstomind said:
All the Tekken's after Tekken 3. After reaching near God-like status on Tekken 3, i pop in Tekken 4 and think; "Most of the characters still have the same move lists and work the same way, i should rule at this."

20 minutes later, i'm throwing my pad at the wall because Yoshimitsu just cannot be grabbed for a throw, and dodges every attack i make.
Have you played 5 or 6? Because they don't have that problem except vs the final bosses (Jinpachi in 5, Azazel in 6) and Law. Grrrrr Law. Though admittedly the second thing just may be a side effect of me always being trounced by AI Law so my subconcious has to justify why I lose 99% of the time to him by saying he cheats when he really probably does not. (but I'd love to have someone who could look into the code see if he is the only non final boss AI that cheats in recent games)
Yeah 6 wasn't too bad, (actually managed to get the Platinum on it! Twice! Long story...)

But almost all fighting games from Namco in recent years are surprisingly difficult. Soul Calibur 4's challenge fights were ridiculous.

Ix Rebound

Jan 10, 2012
the enemy AI in battlefield 3 was as dick
they seemed to be able to suck the intelligence from your own AI allies and make they completely inaccurate, making it take 20 mins and thousands of rounds of ammo just to take out one bad guy in a bare narrow corridor.
Add to that their uncanny ability to teleport from 18 feet in front of you, to right in your face, stabbing you in the chest and then teleporting right back.