Child Must Have Thought a Gun Was a Wii Remote, Mother Says

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
ethaninja said:
Surley she couldn't not feel the weight and texture of it. The cold steel against the palm of her hands instead of a plastic coated device...
She was 3.

Three year olds are idiots.

Hence the shooting of oneself.

Fuselage

Nov 18, 2009
Oh no, quick call fox news, bar the windows, throw your wiis out the window!
But who would let there kid unsupervised with a gun in a room with the safety off, that's like letting you kid play with a gun at a gun convention with a 13 yuear old demenstartor looking after them, oh wait...

lasherman

Mar 11, 2009
Xanadeas said:
Here's a question... If she thought it was a wii-mote why would she be pointing it at herself and not the TV?
Well, guns are pretty heavy (in relation to a plastic Wiimote, anyway), so maybe she just dropped it and it went off. Or maybe she just picked it up wrong and her finger hit the trigger.

Or, most likely, the evils of gun-shaped video game peripherals corrupted her fragile mind in a way that made her so twisted, her first instinct upon seeing a real gun was to shoot the closest person around: herself! Damn you Nintendo, why must you take the children!?

rockytheboxer

Nov 3, 2009
anthony87 said:
ethaninja said:
Surley she couldn't not feel the weight and texture of it. The cold steel against the palm of her hands instead of a plastic coated device...
She was 3.

He was obviously being facetious. Nobody is blaming the three year old. The parents are obviously to blame, and should be shot to death with Wiimotes.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
anthony87 said:
Jiraiya72 said:
First off, Fox news. Secondly, I'd say the girl got what she deserved. I'm a fan of Darwin.
How does a 3 year old girl deserve that?
Indeedie. And Darwin was a noted humantarian, not some sadistic arsehole. So no, the three year old girl didn't 'get want she deserved', she got a shitty mother.

Polyintrinsic

Dec 4, 2009
Words cannot even explain... Thoughts of natural selection float through my mind, but no 3 year-old deserves laughter or malice from me or anyone on here. I'd sentence the mother to shoot herself in the brain; maybe it would function better with a bullet in it. Disgusting.

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
Yeah, because some dumbass leaving a loaded pistol on a table within the reach of a 3 year old, and with the safety off, is really because of a Wii.

Herb sewell

Mar 30, 2009
Mother of god. Guns and videogames have joined forces to kill us off once and for all. The rabble rousers may just be our only hope.

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
PayJ567 said:
anthony87 said:
ethaninja said:
She was 3.

This is an excellent point. 3 year olds are fucking idiots that's why they have FUCKING parents watching them when they are holding a FUCKING gun!
Um....is that rage directed at me or the idiot parents?

AndyFromMonday

Feb 5, 2009
Gun on table...3 year old has access to it...mother in the same room...mother blames child shooting herself on Nintendo...

TSK, TSK, TSK, TSK

Angerwing

Kid makes a post...
Jun 1, 2009
Jiraiya72 said:
First off, Fox news. Secondly, I'd say the girl got what she deserved. I'm a fan of Darwin.
Wow.

Also, who points a Wiimote at themselves?

Arcane Azmadi

Jan 23, 2009
A three-year old probably wouldn't even know what a Wii-mote is anyway. So where's she going with this? Is she just trying to make an excuse for why she let her step-daughter shoot herself, or is she trying to blame Nintendo?

Although I feel sorry for the GIRL, I feel the parents got what they deserved (or at least, I'm hoping they will- there has to be SOMETHING they can be charged with here, possibly criminal negligence?) Stupid bloody Americans with their stupid bloody gun fetishes...