Child Must Have Thought a Gun Was a Wii Remote, Mother Says

Prometherion

Jan 7, 2009
I thought my xbox controller was a tactical nuke once. Thank god i also thought my chair was the abort key.

But in seriousness, why do i detect the grimy hands of the NRA in this story? It wasnt the gun it was the wii remote that kinda maybe looks like a gun?

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
PayJ567 said:
anthony87 said:
PayJ567 said:
anthony87 said:
ethaninja said:
Surley she couldn't not feel the weight and texture of it. The cold steel against the palm of her hands instead of a plastic coated device...
She was 3.

Three year olds are idiots.

Hence the shooting of oneself.
This is an excellent point. 3 year olds are fucking idiots that's why they have FUCKING parents watching them when they are holding a FUCKING gun!
Um....is that rage directed at me or the idiot parents?
Oh, sorry it was directed at those stupid **** parents.
Ah, just making sure I didn't offend you in some way.

Otterpoet

Jun 6, 2008
It's sad; no doubt there. I just hope the media doesn't jump on this and alter the true focus... what the hell was a real, loaded gun doing where a small child could get at it?

Angryman101

Aug 7, 2009
Jiraiya72 said:
First off, Fox news. Secondly, I'd say the girl got what she deserved. I'm a fan of Darwin.
You sir, deserve to be shot. Good day!
This is why gun control laws should be more strict, or at least gun safety rules should be reinforced with all gun users. Less fucking idiots running around leaving guns in reach of their three year old children. This is a tragedy.

Arcane Azmadi

Jan 23, 2009
Cleanthes said:
It's just an awful tragedy - why should a grieving mother be attacked because of some perceived slight?
Because she was a fucking lousy mother and the awful tragedy happened because of her stupid incompotence. We're not bagging her over any perceived attack on gaming, just out of disgust at her stupidity and lame excuse making.

Random Argument Man

May 21, 2008
Onyx Oblivion said:
Look! Look! I've been sniped...Wait, that sounded weird.
I really don't want to bust your bubble, but...

Although, it doesn't seem to fit the actual situation. This accident is actually the parent's fault. Why would you leave a loaded gun on a fucking table when a three year old is around?

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Xanadeas said:
Here's a question... If she thought it was a wii-mote why would she be pointing it at herself and not the TV?
This is a good point...obviously...this child was either really, really stupid or the parent was...or both!

Silk_Sk

Mar 25, 2009
Umm, I don't really get the vibe that they're blaming video games. The mother said her daughter may have thought it was a wii remote. I get you guys love to bash fox news but I'm not really feeling the VG hate with this one.

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
If this is true, then the parents need to be beaten to death with wii- motes. Who the hell leaves a loaded gun where a 3 year old can get to it? What the hell was the mother doing?

rembrandtqeinstein

Sep 4, 2009
I'm calling BS. Unless the thing was cocked and locked I don't see how a 3 year old has the finger strength to pull the trigger on almost any stock double action semi-auto, except maybe one of the CZs with a long ass trigger travel. I'm wondering what the results of the gun shot residue test are on the kid. I bet they come back to show the kid didn't shoot the gun at all but the Dad did.

Daemascus

WAAAAAAAAAGHHH!!!!
Mar 6, 2010
Another weak attempt to link video games to violence. The gun should have been in a gun safe anyways.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
I knew this thread would be hilarious. OT, BULL FUCKING SHIT!!! Unless her Wii mote thing was painted black and she was FUCKING BLIND!

Quadtrix

Dec 17, 2008
Onyx Oblivion said:
[HEADING=1]Gun[/HEADING]

[HEADING=1]Wii Remote in Zapper[/HEADING]

That girl must have been REALLY dumb if that's the truth. I think that she saw something interesting, had no clue what a gun was, and started playing with it. But not as a Wiimote.

Also, before we get to the usual, and often deserved, Fox News bashing. Click the Fox News link. Fox News ITSELF isn't claiming this. Just the stupid mother.

PPS, to the mother:

My thoughts exactly. Also, what are the chances of her pointing the damn thing at herself? Extreme stupidity, or foul play?

Deofuta

Nov 10, 2009
Angryman101 said:
Jiraiya72 said:
First off, Fox news. Secondly, I'd say the girl got what she deserved. I'm a fan of Darwin.
You sir, deserve to be shot. Good day!
This is why gun control laws should be more strict, or at least gun safety rules should be reinforced with all gun users. Less fucking idiots running around leaving guns in reach of their three year old children. This is a tragedy.
I agree, if you really think a five year old should be shot, then I would ask you to please leave the internet, sir. I reported it, and will let a mod decide if its bad or not.

On topic, It is indeed a tragedy that a 5 year old died due to a parents incompetence. Needless to say, I will say a prayer for the girl.