Children, why do some hate them so mutch?

game-lover

Dec 1, 2010
I don't hate children. But I'm not exactly fond of them either.

They have smart mouths, can be spoiled and bratty and of course, cruel. You've heard that saying. Children can be cruel. I have babysat more than I have ever wanted because my stupid horny siblings didn't have the willpower to stop long enough to use some god damn protection and apparently being the youngest makes you the go to aunt.

But the big one is that they're so needy. As most things are when they're young and dependent. Yet this all basically culminates into the reasons where I dislike children and do not want any under any circumstances.

I would sooner babysit a fussy, cranky newborn that won't get to sleep than have to worry about a kid. Because they're needy but it's simple. Feed them breast milk, change diaper, burp, let sleep and repeat.

And then when they hit about 2 or 3 years old, I never have to deal with them again.

Auron225

Oct 26, 2009
I don't really understand the hatred either - it does seem to be irrational at times. Personally Id love to have kids someday (3 or 4, 2 minimum).

For those here that say they hate children - ALL children? Can anyone name a child they don't hate?

Tonimata

Jul 21, 2008
I tend to love children a lot, I've worked in taking care of them for 4 odd years, and I've had the chance to take care of children aged only in a few months up to 10 years of age, and I've enjoyed not only taking care of them physically, but also teaching them values, and overall, getting to know them and play with them is a very enriching experience.

On the other hand, I've also had to deal with some right brats who had crossed way beyond the line of possible redemption. This just proves how very unprepared some parents are to have children, to the point that they're merely engrossing the population of dysfunctional adults in the world. I'm of the opinion that, if someone is to have children, first they should prove that they're able of taking the responsibility and produce something other than a complete and utter failure of a human, at all and any levels.

Skulltaker101

Jul 20, 2010
I can see why folks would wish to have children, but I'd like to recall a little something that happened at school that more or less made up my mind about having offspring of my own:

Two art teachers arrived at school. One brought her baby, which cried and screamed and promptly shat on everything. Aside from this, I just can't see human babies being very cute. They look grotesque, their voices are disgusting (this is by natural design, but I hate it all the same), and I really have to hold this fixed grin when someone brings theirs to a social gathering.

The other teacher brought puppies. PUPPIES! They are sweet, cute, fluffy, inquisitive and when they're sad or scared, they give a little whine and cuddle up to the nearest person or grown-up dog they can find. Sure, they're just as likely to pee and poop everywhere, but they learn not to do so much faster than a human, they cost less to feed and take care of, and...well...they're PUPPIES!!!

So yes, by all means reproduce if it is what suits you. I'm sure that many of you fine folks will be great parents someday. It's just that between seeing babies and meeting the children of Skyrim, I'm going to say no to the whole concept and just go and save some adorable baby dogs. Best of luck folks! :)

requisitename

Dec 29, 2011
I like my nieces most of the time. I don't care for other children, though. It mostly has to do with the fact that I'm very sound sensitive and kids are generally loud. They make me physically uncomfortable, so I try to avoid them. However, I don't hate them. I sometimes hate their parents, though, for egging them on when they're being annoying little fucks in public.

On the subject of having children: I'm 35 and I don't want them. I've never wanted them. Thankfully, I'm finally to an age where people generally don't question whether I actually know what I want in life. It's been several years since I've heard, "Oh, you'll want them someday!"

That makes me happy.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
requisitename said:
I like my nieces most of the time. I don't care for other children, though. It mostly has to do with the fact that I'm very sound sensitive and kids are generally loud. They make me physically uncomfortable, so I try to avoid them. However, I don't hate them. I sometimes hate their parents, though, for egging them on when they're being annoying little fucks in public.

On the subject of having children: I'm 35 and I don't want them. I've never wanted them. Thankfully, I'm finally to an age where people generally don't question whether I actually know what I want in life. It's been several years since I've heard, "Oh, you'll want them someday!"

That makes me happy.
(assuming your male...apologies if thats not the case)

do you think the attitude you get from other people would be different if you were female? I mean for women "marrage and kids" are still considered very common and desirable things....and I cant say from experience but perhaps there is a stigma attatched to women eho dont eant children? since not wanting children cousl even be considered "unatural"

Jazoni89

Dec 24, 2008
Kids I find generally okay until they get around seven or eight, then they turn into cocky little shits who will not leave you alone even when you kindly ask them to.

They stay like this until they are sixteen, then they ask you to leave them alone.

Funny how it comes full circle.

I'm in my twenties, so I have a low tolerance for them, so when I see them playing around my flat, on the concrete porch overlooking the garages, I always have the temptation to shout out that this is a residential area, and you should be playing in the park just a couple of meters up the road.

Also, this song explains just how I feel about modern day British children.

Techno Squidgy

Nov 23, 2010
LadyxDevilish said:
I have read and seen on this site as well as many others, that a lot of people have really strong opinions on having children.
Some people even show hate/disgust towards this topic, and i wonder why is that?

Isn't having a child something that should be seen as a good thing?
No matter how bad you feel about yourself or the world around you, you are putting something on the world, and You have the chance to help it develop and learn.
To help it understand, and to love.
Some also say they see them only as something that costs money, Ofcourse they cost money, you will need to help them raise to the fine person it can become.
Wouldnt you feel proud, and satisfied seeing your child grow up to be a great person?
Not to mention seeing your family name go on, and holding something that is a piece of you.

I have great understanding to people who wouldnt like or want kids, but i simply dont understand how some people can put forward such hatred/disgust for it.
My mum is a childminder. For the last 15 years of my life (I'm 18 in April), I have had other people's children in my house. Children are terrible. They scream, they cry, they shit, they piss, they vomit, they break things. Why anyone would ever want to have children is currently beyond my scope of comprehension. During breaks from College or school I'm woken up at 7:00 in the morning by somebody else's 'little angel'.

It's not even just the young ones that are bad. The older ones, 5 and up, are just as bad. They throw tantrums, they get into fights with each other, they steal each others toys. The parents wonder why I glare at them in the mornings, why I refuse to hug their brats when they leave, why I don't have the same fake smile on my face that my mum does as they try and wrangle their children into the car.

I don't believe it's entirely the child's fault though. I blame the parents. Particularly this one couple. They are Career parents. They want to have their cake and eat it. They want kids, and to work full time jobs as well. They enforce soem ridiculous food regime on their children, forcing them to eat healthy, which makes them steal other kids' snacks. They get home from work tired so they can't be bothered to stand up to their children. SO they think they can do whatever they want. You try and tell them otherwise, and they have a tantrum. It can take in excess of an hour to make these kids shut-up, and it stretches my mum's will power to the breaking point to not give in. Personally I'd just smack the fuckers. If my parent's ever laid a hand on me as a child, I KNEW I was in the wrong. But we can't do that, and they certainly won't. These kids are going to grow up to be arseholes and will most likely end up in prison or dead-end jobs.

I've seen more than enough of the bad side of children to know I'm not having kids for a VERY long time.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
I dunno, I like kids (so cute and innocent!) but when they get older... Well, I can see how they'd get on some people's nerves, though.

boag

Sep 13, 2010
LadyxDevilish said:
I have read and seen on this site as well as many others, that a lot of people have really strong opinions on having children.
Some people even show hate/disgust towards this topic, and i wonder why is that?

Isn't having a child something that should be seen as a good thing?
No matter how bad you feel about yourself or the world around you, you are putting something on the world, and You have the chance to help it develop and learn.
To help it understand, and to love.
Some also say they see them only as something that costs money, Ofcourse they cost money, you will need to help them raise to the fine person it can become.
Wouldnt you feel proud, and satisfied seeing your child grow up to be a great person?
Not to mention seeing your family name go on, and holding something that is a piece of you.

I have great understanding to people who wouldnt like or want kids, but i simply dont understand how some people can put forward such hatred/disgust for it.
Because most people on this site are just reaching or havent reached their early 20s?

you see what I did there?
I generalized.

Generalizations are bad, in General.

Soods

Jan 6, 2010
They're small, loud and stupid. Sometimes cocky, small, loud and stupid. I have heard stories of kids that aren't loud, but I have never witnessed such a miracle.
Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with being a kid, in fact, I was one when I was younger, but I just don't like being around them.

appleblush

Sep 13, 2009
Well, children are loud, often obnoxious, eat a lot of food, and tend to be sticky. If an adult were like this, then there would be no question as to why no one like him and he lives in his parents basement, and some people can't make the connection that children are young and will grow out of it, and also have many much more likable characteristics. Like being compassionate, and charmingly naive. The other problem is, not everyone likes these characteristics or cares how cute they are, especially in young adults and teenagers who might not have developed that parental instinct yet.

That said, I love kids and coo every time I pass a stroller in a way that is probably very creepy even though it's not intended to be. But I also tend to be pretty good with kids in small quantities. The other issue is people who tend to dislike kids put up the "I don't like kids" to hide the real issue which is "I don't think I can handle kids". Men especially tend to do this, not because they actually don't like kids, but because they see kids as fragile, growing minds that their immature, male testosterone could break or corrupt without a second glance, and it concerns them. That isn't really hate of course, but it's much easier for someone to say "I hate kids" than say "I'm afraid I simply don't have the personality to help a child grow to their full potential".

EDIT: And on a side note, most people who really like kids have either a very compassionate personality, or are very biased in which kids they like. I for instance, tend to see most kids that I haven't had the opportunity to be molded by my superior mind, are loud, selfish, bratty, and break everything they touch, but then I tend to see their parents are really really bad parents in one way or another. To my credit though, everyone says the kids I help raise are adorable angels with soft temperaments who speak at a 6th grade level (despite being in kindergarten). Perhaps I'm just some kind of magic. In summary, the answer to your problem is, if every child in the world were like me, no one would hate children.

TheMadJayWoman

Apr 24, 2009
As someone who has never been particularly interested in spawning (if/when I ever choose to parent, I'm perfectly happy to foster or adopt a kid), I don't understand why I've had to spend so much of my life being ostracised for not having such desires. There's such an insane emphasis on having children - I mean as a woman why would I want to do anything else, right? When you're a non-breeder, plenty of people treat you like a freak. Furthermore, much of your adult life will be compromised "for the sake of the children" which is usually just an excuse for people not to parent. That sort of atmosphere tends to make you really antagonistic towards children and their guardians.

Most people who become parents don't do so out of some altruistic feeling toward society and humankind. Heck, many become parents because they can't figure out how to use birth control. People have kids because their religion/social order tells them to (you know - breed out the savages and heretics!), they want to see their genes mirrored back at them, because that's what you do at a certain age, because they need something to love them - lots of really selfish reasons. I don't know anyone who sat down with their significant other and decided "we have the genes, the intellectual capability and the psychological stability to bring forth the best possible contribution to the next generation of humanity."

I don't care to be around most children because they are children, i.e. not fully formed adults. They haven't developed adult values and concepts - empathy, volume control, not everything you think needs to be said out loud, you don't get everything you want right when you want it, etc, etc. That being said, I would much rather be in presence of children who aren't old enough to have learned these skills than adults who just can't be bothered to develop them.

GamerAddict7796

Jun 2, 2010
I've always got along with kids, maybe being the oldest child helped. But I love children, even other people's. I get along with them better than I do with adults and I don't get the whole 'Stupid, ugly, worthless' argument as I have met more adults like that then I have children.
I plan to have children, in a decade or 2, and I KNOW it will be awesome!

TheLastSamurai14

Last day of PubClub for me. :'-(
Mar 23, 2011
DragonLord Seth said:
Because one of the little fuckers BIT ME in a goddamn store! Then when I screamed bloody murder-with much profanity, primarily "roody-poo" "******" and "fuckface" his mom got all pissy, when I pulled the ultimate trump card, "GET YOUR CUMSPAWN CHECKED OUT, I HAVE AIDS! YEAH THAT'S RIGHT, RUN YOU WORTHLESS WHORE!"
I really, really, REALLY do NOT like most kids, they're selfish, rude fucks who usually have horrible parents.
I have a friend whose cousin did the exact same thing in that situation, and I'll be doing it myself if I get bit. I mean really, how ill-mannered and inconsiderate do their parents have to be in order to give birth to shit like this. It's not fun for anyone, and if someone with a rude kid just tells me that "He's my little miracle and I love him and you're just being mean" I will punch them in the genitals to make sure that no more of them spawn.

In short, I really don't like them either. And my girlfriend and I have resolved to never have kids, primarily because of the overpopulation issue (because people can't bother to wear a fucking condom when they have more than enough kids) and also because they're just little shits in general.

Elgnirp100

Jan 18, 2012
In the eternal words of Dr. Cox...
"They're loud, you can't understand them, they're like tiny cab drivers."

RickyRich

Nov 8, 2011
I'm not against people having kids, and I know I'll eventually have some. It's other people's kids that I can't stand. They are nothing but nosy little bags of germs that have not learned to cover their mouths when they sneeze or cough. And this goes specifically for my neighbor's kids, they are dumb as rocks. I know as a kid I wasn't a rocket scientist, but unlike kids now, I wasn't completely retarded. These kids are about 12 and 8 and can hardly read, they have to be the dumbest kids on the fucking planet, but they come over to play my Xbox because I'm like their big brother.The big brother that hates them with a passion!