Children's Choir Sings "Still Alive"

Cptn_Squishy

Mar 4, 2009
While I think this video is beyond awesome, I can understand the concern of parents who don't understand the context. Next time they should sing a song that doesn't require a previous reference.

My suggestion, of course, would be RE: Your Brains or The Future Soon.

Hithlain

Keeper of Ying
Nov 25, 2008
I'm surprised that some concerned parent hasn't sued everyone in sight because the song isn't about puppies or something.

I suppose I give credit to the director for taking a risk. People aged 18-30 probably think this is pretty rocking at least ;)

Frank_Sinatra_

Digs Giant Robots
Dec 30, 2008
Asturiel said:
If you don't just plain smile at that, I don't know what to say about you.
How about I was scowling through the whole thing?

Quite frankly I hated the performance. While I have nothing against Portal or that song, I hate the sound of kids "singing."
To my ears children "singing" is just wretchedly out of tune yelling.

shogunblade

Apr 13, 2009
Perhaps the most epic thing I have ever heard a little kid [Little Kids] Say.

Naturally, the kids in the choir are all too young to have played Portal themselves (presumably, anyway)
I think it is even more strange that a 20 year old hasn't played the game yet and I'm familiar with "Still Alive". Chock it up to good friends with Next Gen Game Systems.

Awesome video. I loved it.

Eric Shields

Mar 17, 2010
That is so awesome! The whole lights-in-the-dark thing was a bit odd, but whatever. The song was very well done!

MusicianGamer

Jan 26, 2010
As a music teacher and gamer, I think this is awesome. I think more schools and programs should be performing modern music (i.e. video games, movies, pop) along with the traditional pieces. For the most part, students learn about traditional music and composers, which is necessary for a well rounded education, but the curriculum can include modern composers. What are modern composers today but the great composers students will be studying in the future.

One day, once I get tenure, I have to try something like this with a group of my own. :)

Klarinette

May 21, 2009
TheNamlessGuy said:
This was a triumph.
I'm making a note here: huge success.
It's hard to overstate my satisfaction.

I think that says it all.
This. Definitely this.

Asturiel

the God of Pants
Nov 24, 2009
Frank_Sinatra_ said:
How about I was scowling through the whole thing?

Quite frankly I hated the performance. While I have nothing against Portal or that song, I hate the sound of kids "singing."
To my ears children "singing" is just wretchedly out of tune yelling.
The concept is more what I'm talking about. The idea that a teacher had enough untinted power to have these children sing a song that is a very common joked and talked about gamer thing.
The fact that these things can happen and have happened makes me smile, that is what I was getting at.