Chinese Prisoners Forced to Farm MMO Gold

Zeetchmen

Aug 17, 2009
ryo02 said:
maybe we should just ban china ... from anything they steal IP's they farm gold torture people kill people block the internet infringe on human rights spew propaganda.

they dont deserve to be part of the civilised world right now.
Sounds a lot like the US if you ask me.

Xman490

Doctorate in Danger
May 29, 2010
A man suffers from the government corruption that he petitions against. These damn Communist countries make me almost regret playing Just Cause 2.

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
Straying Bullet said:
This is just sad. I don't see how you guys can see the 'hilarity' part in this at all.

Despicable action in general.
Completely agree. The fact that a World Power can get away with bullshit like this is just that... bullshit.

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
Hey China.Precisely, the Chinese government. What pisses me off the most is that they're doing this to a political prisoner who's only fault was he was trying to fight corruption.

Fuck you.

Gralian

Me, I'm Counting
Sep 24, 2008
Part of me wants to laugh, because the Chinese goldfarmer thing is actually true, right up to the government itself being behind it. I always rolled my eyes and said "Oh internet, not EVERY goldseller / farmer is chinese, that's just a racist stereotype. It's all hackers and whizzkids who steal gold from people's accounts..."

Oh how wrong i was.

Still, it sucks that China's human rights is still so deplorable they force people to work until they pass out, regardless of whether it's physically or mentally straining.

koroem

Jul 12, 2010
China is such a plague on the internet. Between the MMO destroying gold farming and the cyber crime coming out of china, the rest of the world should be looking into ways to isolate them from the rest of the networks out there.

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
So they force people incarcerated for breaking laws to do something that could be illegal in some countries? Wow.

Next time some inmate in the US complains how hard it is in Folsom or Leavenworth, I'm gonna send him all the info about life in Chinese prisons.
(And this country is part of the UN making foreign policy...)

Hungry Donner

Henchman
Mar 19, 2009
If this was about gold farming instead of hard physical labor I'd be all for it. As it is, not so much.

Grufflenark

Nov 17, 2010
I would say its better to be forced to play, than to be forced to work. I think.
If they didn't play, they would have longer laboring time probably.

Mavinchious Maximus

Apr 13, 2011
I think our American government can learn something from this. We have a shit tone of prisoners and not getting any money from them, this free labor could keep them from murdering and raping each-other. They could also fix the American economy, your welcome America!

Ciler

Nov 16, 2009
I would hope that this causes at least some of the people/idiots who buy MMO gold or items to realize that they're DIRECTLY contributing to this kind of slavery.

mGoLos

Nov 7, 2007
"It's a sad situation, but also sort of funny in a gallows-humor, surreal, macabre way. I've heard playing some games referred to as a 'torturous experience' before, but this has to be the most literal example of that phrase yet seen."

Yes, funny. I especially enjoyed the sleep deprivation and the beating by plastic pipe.

/sarcasm

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
Mavinchious Maximus said:
I think our American government can learn something from this. We have a shit tone of prisoners and not getting any money from them, this free labor could keep them from murdering and raping each-other. They could also fix the American economy, your welcome America!
The Bill of Rights frowns upon your shenanigans.

mip0

Nov 25, 2009
Well there you go, Blizzard. Now DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. Don't try to make it fun, make it impossible.

Mavinchious Maximus

Apr 13, 2011
vxicepickxv said:
Mavinchious Maximus said:
The Bill of Rights frowns upon your shenanigans.
desperate times call for desperate measures, plus we could reward them with rewards for helping our country. maybe two or three hours a day so it is humane treatment.

kajinking

Aug 12, 2009
I just suddenly became really proud I play EVE online, at least they made it damn hard to EASILY cheat the system. Sure it can still happen in other ways but just making it a more difficult helps deter people.

Ashcrexl

May 27, 2009
Oh China! You just the craziest!

I honestly can think of no other comment for this. The situation is just what it is.

mGoLos said:
"It's a sad situation, but also sort of funny in a gallows-humor, surreal, macabre way. I've heard playing some games referred to as a 'torturous experience' before, but this has to be the most literal example of that phrase yet seen."

Yes, funny. I especially enjoyed the sleep deprivation and the beating by plastic pipe.

/sarcasm
Do you not know gallows-humor? It's tragedy twisted to be bitterly funny. Which is exactly what this is.