Chinese Prisoners Forced to Farm MMO Gold

The Rookie Gamer

Mar 15, 2010
Vhite said:
How inhuman! They force people to play games!
Nice apathy, You know, after back breaking labour all day, being forced to do anything else requiring effort would seem pretty horrible, and getting beaten if they don't meet their quota would also be even worse.

OT: Honestly, they fact that they get away with all the human right violations is sickening.

Rofl-Mayo

Mar 11, 2010
Wow (pun possibly intended), that made me lol so hard. The punishment is playing video games. I would so go to prison if they would force me to play WoW.

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
Auxiliary said:
This is kind of sad and hilarious at the same time.
Suddenly I want to go to prison XD....wait... They're playing WoW?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH NO NO NO I don't wanna! You can't make me!! NO NO

godofallu

Jun 8, 2010
Considering China could become the largest economy in the world in about 5 years, this is scary.

I mean we all know they're evil, but who is going to oppose them? I suppose us Americans could, but would the rest of the world actually back us? Probably not.

PS: I used to hate it when I saw a guy obviously botting/farming an area. Now I look back on all those times where I cussed those guys out and frown. Because they probably got beaten for getting banned. The last thing they needed during their neverending slave labor was some rich American shitting all over them.

Vault boy Eddie

Feb 18, 2009
He wanted corruption to stop, so they put him 3 years in a labor camp. It is this type of attitude that will soon make them our overlords.

Azaraxzealot

Dec 1, 2009
snfonseka said:
Why don't they use a bot? That is more easy and economical. Isn't it?
i think that defeats the purpose... they were using WoW as a PUNISHMENT.
Think about that for a second... i hope WoW players catch on to the fact that their "game" is more a lucrative punishment in other countries.

littlewisp

Mar 25, 2010
Disgusting. The worst part? Even if Blizzard shut down China's access it would still go on. It just wouldn't be WoW. I imagine it's pretty effective: Work them until they can't stand, and then sit them down and work them until they can't even sit up. Beat them, leave them unconscious for awhile, rinse and repeat.

What can you do? What can anyone do? Every time I hear that they crack open the door for journalists, and then journalists start getting contained, I don't even want to think of it. I know a woman who is Chinese-American who loves her heritage (she is majored in Chinese/Japanese/English languages) who went there for a year teaching trip. We had to be careful on the website we all go to or else it would get blocked for violations (mentioning/mocking China's govt, cussing, speaking your mind etc). Happened at least once a week that it would get temp blocked.

I sent her the article link, I wonder what she'll say. I'd say she's probably the most aware person of China's duplicitous nature that I know.

potemkin.hr

Dec 8, 2009
Ciler said:
I would hope that this causes at least some of the people/idiots who buy MMO gold or items to realize that they're DIRECTLY contributing to this kind of slavery.
This surely won't stop them from buying gold. Same thing as kids from india which are sewing together your Nike shoes, and still people continue to buy them.

The Shade

Mar 20, 2008
As opposed to Filipino prisons, where all they have to do is learn Thriller dance routines.

Government sponsored gold farming? Puts it in perspective just how lucrative the business is.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
Ah, China... just when I thought you'd finally sunk to the bottom of the ocean in terms of my respect for you, you waste no time and start tunneling your way towards the centre of the Earth.

Parnage

Apr 13, 2010
Remember the next time you think about buying gold. You are supporting slave labour and the beating of people with plastic pipes.

Not so victimless crime now eh?

Nerdstar

Apr 29, 2011
well, thats reason number 400,459,686,893,839 to hate china. i man seruisly hard labor then 12 stright hours of WOW with more tourture if you dont fill your qoutea and all for a BS reason like "illegally petitioning" it to end the rampant corruption in his hometown. way to act like a civlised nation