Choo choo! All aboard the Complain Train!

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
I had thought that here, in the Year of our Lord Current Year, we had finally rectified one of the most vexing and persistent problems in human history: The mismatch between the number of hot dogs in a pack, and the number of hot dog buns in a pack. Eight hot dogs, eight buns, the world rejoices in harmony.

But lo! That paragon of American gluttony, Oscar Meyer, has decided to throw all propriety to the winds, and sells hot dogs in packs of ten. TEN! Requiring the purchase of four packs of hot dogs, and five packs of buns, in order to achieve numerical felicity- elsewise leaving the hapless purchaser with leftover hot dogs to be eaten while enclosed in regular slices of sandwich bread, as if we were beasts in the fields bereft of civilization.

Our damnation has a first name- it's O-S-C-A-R!
Can't think of it, but there's a movie from relatively recent history where a guy has a breakdown in the grocery store about this exact same issue. You're not the only one to recognize this hot dog-to-bun imbalance. Were I Oscar Meyer, I'd embrace this problem and start selling hot dogs in odd numbers just to watch the world burn.

Reactions: RhombusHatesYou

Piscian

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2020
Country
United States
Am I complaining or should I be happy? I had $150 worth of like 20 games in my steam cart the other day. Steam apparently lost my cache overnight because of their shitty security stuff constantly invalidating my connections so it's all gone and I spent like 2 hours browsing games and I don't think I care enough to do it all over again, FOMO passed I think.

Reactions: Xprimentyl

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
We just switched cable/internet providers losing years of movie purchases. While my gf came to terms with that, I reminded her that 95% of those movies we don't watch with enough regularity (if at all) to merit any ire over losing them to a shitty cable provider's service. So to this...
I don't think I care enough to do it all over again, FOMO passed I think.
... I say, if you hadn't already pulled the trigger on those games, you probably shouldn't stress over them now. Nothing of substance has been lost. I actually challenged my gf to name 5 movies we owned on that old service that she wanted to keep, and I'd buy the DVD/Blu-ray to compensate her, and she couldn't even do that. If nothing else, the lesson has been don't buy every movie that "looks interesting" if buying a physical copy feels like an unworthy risk.

Reactions: bluegate

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016

Iron Maiden postage stamps - created by a company currently in an industrial dispute with it's workforce over pay, conditions, and job cuts - is the least metal thing ever. Also, I don't like Iron Maiden and this just reminded me about them.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
I asked one of my friends to talk me out of spending a bunch of money building a custom keyboard (because I know it's a pointless waste of money...but I want one).

She looked up custom keyboards and accidentally got obsessed with "thocky" keyboard ASMR. Now she's telling me I should probably build a custom keyboard.

This is not what I asked for.

Reactions: Mister Mumbler

EvilRoy

The face I make when I see unguarded pie.
Legacy
Jan 9, 2011
Got tendonitis or something like it in my elbow. This is balls.
If it hurts more after sleeping it could be a similar problem to the one I had. It was fixed by putting something on my arm to hold it straight while I slept and then periodically icing during the day.

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
If it hurts more after sleeping it could be a similar problem to the one I had. It was fixed by putting something on my arm to hold it straight while I slept and then periodically icing during the day.
I'm pretty sure it's just overworked in a combination of the gym, various DIY stuff, and spending all day clicking and scrolling. The tendon is inflammed I think. I know what you mean though as I've sometimes had to splint my wrist when I sleep so I don't curl it inward all night (no idea why I do this).

EvilRoy

The face I make when I see unguarded pie.
Legacy
Jan 9, 2011
I'm pretty sure it's just overworked in a combination of the gym, various DIY stuff, and spending all day clicking and scrolling. The tendon is inflammed I think. I know what you mean though as I've sometimes had to splint my wrist when I sleep so I don't curl it inward all night (no idea why I do this).
It's probably the exercise, you should cut that right out.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
California's been getting hit by a lot of storms and I think my roof is starting to leak.

One of the few good things about living in my HOA is that they are responsible for all roof repairs, so at least I won't have to pay for that out of pocket. I reached out to the property management company by email and they got back to me 10 minutes later and scheduled workers to inspect the roof the next day. They'll be coming back again on Friday with infrared camera and moisture meters to figure out how bad the water damage is.

As much as this sucks I'm actually pretty impressed with how quickly the HOA got back to me and started fixing the problem. My parents' HOA has the same deal where they are responsible for fixing damaged roofs and it usually takes them weeks if not months to get off their asses and actually do anything.

Kyrian007

Nemo saltat sobrius
Legacy
Mar 9, 2010
Kansas
Country
U.S.A.
Ah man, I was planning to quit my job instead.
Mine flares up every couple of years. It is actually kind of useful. I can get a notice from my doctor that excuses me from mouse and keyboard work for a week or so. Since that's most of my job, I get to use the sick leave that otherwise just piles up and eventually stops accumulating when I hit the cap. And it is sick leave where really, I'm not sick. And the job is aware of that, so I don't have to pretend to be at home in bed if I get a call. It does keep me from gaming for a couple of days, but generally playing something slower paced and using a big controller doesn't make it worse or keep it from getting better.

Reactions: Baffle