Choo choo! All aboard the Complain Train!

Absent

And twice is the only way to live.
Jan 25, 2023
Country
Switzerland
Snow is just organized water and therefore probably a communist plot.
OR WORSE

(Third time I refer to The Eternaut in these forums, it must have left a deeper impression than I realised at the time.)

Reactions: Dalisclock

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
I do not feel that snow in England, globally quite a northern country, requires quite this much news coverage.
Speaking of, it's funny Tony! Toni! Tone! famously sang "it never rains in southern California" while ALL of California is currently being covered in snow and now drenched in rain. I just hope my San Francisco 49ers can win a Super Bowl again before the state breaks off into the the Pacific and sinks into the depths. God has officially waged war on California like nobody's business.

Reactions: Baffle

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
I just cannot get the hang of this quadruple strength squash. This drink is making me thirstier!

Edit: Ribena, bucking the trend, is still single strength but I've adapted to double already. What is this shitty purple water?!

Last edited:

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Every year, it's the same thing: my gf's son buys a thousand boxes of Girl Scout cookies, and eats them all but the LAST cookie in each box. He waits for one of us to to get our rare craving for a sweet so we have to do the heavy lifting ALLLL the way 5 feet to the trash can. (Fucking brat.)

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Every year, it's the same thing: my gf's son buys a thousand boxes of Girl Scout cookies, and eats them all but the LAST cookie in each box. He waits for one of us to to get our rare craving for a sweet so we have to do the heavy lifting ALLLL the way 5 feet to the trash can. (Fucking brat.)
I'm gonna admit that I do this kind of thing: I leave a tiny bit of milk in the jug so that the person who empties it out has to put it in the recycling bin.

Problem is, I live alone....

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
I'm gonna admit that I do this kind of thing: I leave a tiny bit of milk in the jug so that the person who empties it out has to put it in the recycling bin.

Problem is, I live alone....
Yeah that's like when some arsehole finished the toilet paper and just left the cardboard tube on the holder and you think "What kind of arsehole does that? Wait... I'm the only one living here."

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
When you're trying to sell your car, try to be at least somewhat accurate with the description... I mean, at least get the body-type right, ffs. If you can't get that right there's no fucking way in hell I'm trusting you on any of the other details.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Not that I haven't had just a dab of plump to myself for the last decade, but I'm now noticing things actually becoming... fluffy.

My fat is getting old. Didn't know it could do that.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Good news, I just returned from the hospital where I was told I need to start hemodialysis.

I mean, I knew I'd have to eventually, but you know, still sucks

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Good news, I just returned from the hospital where I was told I need to start hemodialysis.

I mean, I knew I'd have to eventually, but you know, still sucks
Wow, I'm sorry, bud; that does indeed suck. Is this for the rest of your life now?

Reactions: Chimpzy

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Wow, I'm sorry, bud; that does indeed suck. Is this for the rest of your life now?
No, until I get a kidney transplant. No idea when that'll be tho. Might be in a couple weeks. Might be in ten years. But the average transplant candidate
waits 2.5 years.

Until then 3 times a week next to a machine for 4-5 hours with two big ol' needles in my arm. And they be chonkers.

Reactions: Xprimentyl

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
Ripped the arse out of my shorts doing deadlifts at the gym. Like, they exploded. It's not just the seam, the entire panel is shredded like a fucking bomb went off in my pants.

Fortunately was not wearing my dog-chewed pants. Still, went home early - after putting the weights away like a gym-goer with good manners (arse hanging out, how do you do good sir? A pleasure I'm sure.)

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
No, until I get a kidney transplant. No idea when that'll be tho. Might be in a couple weeks. Might be in ten years. But the average transplant candidate
waits 2.5 years.

Until then 3 times a week next to a machine for 4-5 hours with two big ol' needles in my arm. And they be chonkers.
Ugh, that sounds awful. That's a real kicked to the nuts of quality of life. Are you already on a waiting list for the transplant?

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Ripped the arse out of my shorts doing deadlifts at the gym. Like, they exploded. It's not just the seam, the entire panel is shredded like a fucking bomb went off in my pants.

Fortunately was not wearing my dog-chewed pants. Still, went home early - after putting the weights away like a gym-goer with good manners (arse hanging out, how do you do good sir? A pleasure I'm sure.)
Could be worse; I've heard urban legends of deadlifters winding up with prolapsed assholes from the strain. No amount of curiosity has led to me to want to substantiate that, though; I'm perfectly happy not knowing if it's true.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Ugh, that sounds awful. That's a real kicked to the nuts of quality of life. Are you already on a waiting list for the transplant?
Yes, I am. Already been for almost a year actually, but you stay low priority so long as you don't get dialysis.

Reactions: Xprimentyl