Choo choo! All aboard the Complain Train!

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Use a clip-on. Most won't care to notice, unless you bother to point it out.
Clip-ons are a bit dorky.

I kind of wish bolo ties were more socially acceptable to wear outside of Texas.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
A problem for fast food restaurant managers and no one else.
I wouldn't go that far. That have been easy escapes from clip-on tie fires that have nothing to do with restaurants. Also, it's hard to get chocked or have your tie yanked when it's a clip-on. Assuming you're getting in or someone started a fight. I gave you a few more benefits. Choice is yours: either start learning the regular ties, or do clip-ons for the fast way.

Piscian

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2020
Country
United States
I offer no defense or plea for mercy and accept deserved public and private judgement. I will only state that I agonized over my decision several sleepless nights, ultimately unable to continue a playing a game in anything other way than what the developers intended.

PXL_20231029_221251805~2.jpg

* I had to also buy a goddamn vertical bracket just make it fit in my case.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
I offer no defense or plea for mercy and accept deserved public and private judgement. I will only state that I agonized over my decision several sleepless nights, ultimately unable to continue a playing a game in anything other way than what the developers intended.

View attachment 9960

* I had to also buy a goddamn vertical bracket just make it fit in my case.
You know I kind of like the aesthetic of the GPU being like that, but I hear it totally fucks with the cooling.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
I wouldn't go that far. That have been easy escapes from clip-on tie fires that have nothing to do with restaurants. Also, it's hard to get chocked or have your tie yanked when it's a clip-on. Assuming you're getting in or someone started a fight. I gave you a few more benefits. Choice is yours: either start learning the regular ties, or do clip-ons for the fast way.
Ok, sorta outdated example, but US army bomber crews in WW2 would wear ties, and be told to remove them in the event of crash landing. Why they didn't just dispense with the things altogether...

Reactions: BrawlMan

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Confirmed today that I'm being laid off. So that sucks.
At least the severance package is pretty good from what I understand (though I don't have it in writing yet).

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Ok, sorta outdated example, but US army bomber crews in WW2 would wear ties, and be told to remove them in the event of crash landing. Why they didn't just dispense with the things altogether...
Ten bucks says they wore them to the briefing and as soon as they were in the bombers those fuckers came off and got stuffed into a pocket.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
A downside of getting vaccinated is that your body's response is in quite a few ways the same (though usually less severe) as actually catching the disease. So now the day after my latest 'VID and flu shots I'm tired and achey all over.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
A downside of getting vaccinated is that your body's response is in quite a few ways the same (though usually less severe) as actually catching the disease. So now the day after my latest 'VID and flu shots I'm tired and achey all over.
Yeah, day after my first covid shot I felt like not great, though not too bad. Later ones were ok.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
At least the severance package is pretty good from what I understand (though I don't have it in writing yet).
Sorry to hear. On to bigger and better soon, hopefully.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Hmm, this looks like an interesting youtube channel. *watches a few videos* *Googles them*

Oh, the first results take me to stuff about how we shouldn't start witch-hunts, the creator of the channel is innocent until proven guilty, it's his word against several women.

Ah. On the plus side, he was removed/stepped down last month, so there's that.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Wow, sorry to hear that. At least the package is good. Hopefully, a bounce back doesn't take too long.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
You wouldn't happen to be from VMware, would you? My girlfriend is going through the same thing. It's been hell for her for a month now waiting to see if the axe will fall, and it was supposed to be announced today. Hope you get another opportunity soon.

Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK
Shit dude, sorry to hear that, hope the severance package sees you through to a new job and it's better than the old one.