Choo choo! All aboard the Complain Train!

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
So maybe one good thing to come of this is you get a higher priority now?
Yes, in a sense. The transplant list works with a kind of point system for determining priority based on a number of factors like your age, your general health, how well you keep to the diet and live healthily, and such, whether or not you need dialysis, and how long you've been waiting for a transplant in general. I'm relatively young for a kidney disease patient, in good health aside from my shitty kidneys, don't drink or smoke, eat fresh and balanced and try to get in some exercise. This all works in my favor, but the dialysis means my points rate will be faster.

Still kind of a crapshoot tho, since it all still depends on whether or not a compatible organ is available, and supply is short.

Reactions: Xprimentyl

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Yes, in a sense. The transplant list works with a kind of point system for determining priority based on a number of factors like your age, your general health, how well you keep to the diet and live healthily, and such, whether or not you need dialysis, and how long you've been waiting for a transplant in general. I'm relatively young for a kidney disease patient, in good health aside from my shitty kidneys, don't drink or smoke, eat fresh and balanced and try to get in some exercise. This all works in my favor, but the dialysis means my points rate will be faster.

Still kind of a crapshoot tho, since it all still depends on whether or not a compatible organ is available, and supply is short.
Man, well, I'm rootin' for you over here. Hope you don't have endure this dialysis for very long.

Reactions: Chimpzy

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
No, until I get a kidney transplant. No idea when that'll be tho. Might be in a couple weeks. Might be in ten years. But the average transplant candidate
waits 2.5 years.

Until then 3 times a week next to a machine for 4-5 hours with two big ol' needles in my arm. And they be chonkers.
That is a colossal pile of suck right there. Hope they find a match for you quickly.

This sort of thing is why I'm an organ donor. Ain't gonna need this meat when I'm gone; let it help someone who's still here.

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
This sort of thing is why I'm an organ donor. Ain't gonna need this meat when I'm gone; let it help someone who's still here.
Same. The UK has moved to an opt-out system IIRC, which I think is far superior. Unless you opt out, you're a donor.

I try to donate blood now and then but it's incredibly slow coming out, to the point I'm wasting everyone's time. Literally like trying get get blood out of a (quite soft) stone. One slip shaving and I'm a fountain though!

Reactions: Xprimentyl

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
My dad was told not to give blood again, as he was rubbish with the needle. I'm like that as well, so I've never done it either. Annoyingly, my mm and sister aren't bothered by needles.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
2 days ago I had to get a new lunch box. Mine from 2015 finally crapped out on me and all the zippers broke. I had gotten it from an old bed bath & beyond I used to work at. I went up there, and they expect people to pay $26+ tax for a lunch box and they only have one type (it don't even look that big)! They really slimmed down on items in the store as well. The people are nice and friendly though. Though almost nobody I knew works there anymore. There is only one guy left I know, and I was surprised he was still there. He usually works in packaging and stocking. He's a cool guy from Australia and I'm glad he's still doing okay.

Back on topic, so I went to the Target down the street and got a lunch box for a much cheaper price and a higher quality.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
That is a colossal pile of suck right there. Hope they find a match for you quickly.

I’m pretty sure it’s in my will that once I shuffle off the mortal coil, my body is to be divided up post haste. If it can be used, fucking use it cos I’m not any more. Besides, they do a good enough harvesting job and my family can probably bury me in a hat box.

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
I've been coughing for days, to the extent that the simple act of taking a shit feels like Athena climbing out of the head of Zeus (I am Zeus in this analogy and I have a horrendous coughing-induced headache, in case that wasn't clear).

Kyrian007

Nemo saltat sobrius
Legacy
Mar 9, 2010
Kansas
Country
U.S.A.
I've been coughing for days, to the extent that the simple act of taking a shit feels like Athena climbing out of the head of Zeus (I am Zeus in this analogy and I have a horrendous coughing-induced headache, in case that wasn't clear).
I had something like that about 2 weeks ago. Mine was very odd. Headache, lots of sinus drainage, and a cough so hard my chest got really sore and hurt every time I coughed... but I never had a fever or any kind of stomach issue. I wound up going through 3 boxes of covid tests, but never tested positive. Still quarantined, but it didn't matter. Just about everyone at work got whatever that was at some point. At least the quarantine kept my elderly and immunocompromised parents from getting whatever that was.

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
I had something like that about 2 weeks ago. Mine was very odd. Headache, lots of sinus drainage, and a cough so hard my chest got really sore and hurt every time I coughed... but I never had a fever or any kind of stomach issue. I wound up going through 3 boxes of covid tests, but never tested positive. Still quarantined, but it didn't matter. Just about everyone at work got whatever that was at some point. At least the quarantine kept my elderly and immunocompromised parents from getting whatever that was.
I'm pretty sure it's just a bad cold (can't actually get hold of a COVID test within ten days, rendering it somewhat pointless). I don't get ill very often, but when I do I really put the effort in!

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Yeah, my family has gotten a nasty non-cvoid but lingering bug, and more distant family in the state north of us seem to have something similar. Odd, you'd think anti-cvoid measures would have stopped other bugs.

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
Actually managed to get hold of a test and it's not COVID. If I focus all my willpower on not coughing I think I might be able to run a generator on the stored up energy in the event of a power cut. Or I might just splutter to death 🤷‍♂️.

Kyrian007

Nemo saltat sobrius
Legacy
Mar 9, 2010
Kansas
Country
U.S.A.
Yeah, my family has gotten a nasty non-cvoid but lingering bug, and more distant family in the state north of us seem to have something similar. Odd, you'd think anti-cvoid measures would have stopped other bugs.
Must be nice to live somewhere where people are still taking any kind of anti-covid precautions. I stepped out of my self-imposed quarantine to go to my doctor's office a couple of weeks ago... and got harangued walking across the parking lot. There I was putting on a mask, and coughing loudly... and a moron in a pickup (w/truck nuts and an impeach Biden bumper sticker) started yelling at me for being a "mask-nazi." I suppose I could have tried calmly to explain that I had some kind of infection and was trying to limit spreading it inside my doctors office, and it had nothing to do with COVID or judging anyone else for not masking. But I was feeling kind of miserable, so I just gave him the bird and managed to cough out "fuck off moron." I think he realized I was sick at that point, because he chose to follow my advice.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Must be nice to live somewhere where people are still taking any kind of anti-covid precautions.
People round here don't take all that much in the way of measures, but there doesn't seem to be any objection to wearing masks and social distancing. Of course, it helps that we are on our fourth shot of vaccine for the general public.

Also we had a state that had a pretty bad covid response from the government just vote in a new government, possibly at least in part because people didn't like the mishandling.

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
There is no non-lemon Lemsip in the north-east of England. Some bastard is sitting on a pile of blackcurrant lemsip (smells like cat piss) somewhere.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Had my first dialysis session today. It's not that bad, but also not that great.