Choose one video game character as an almost-eternal companion.

Alade

Ego extravaganza
Aug 10, 2008
I'd probably chose Liara from Mass Effect 1. There are multiple reasons for this:

A) She's capable of living for at least a 1000 years, so she'll be around a long time. (OP doesn't specify whether the companions are immortal)
B)Recreational activities
C)She would carry with her at least two weapons of the Mass effect (1) kind, so basically, infinite firing capabilities and very deadly.
D)She has biotics which can be used to very effectively protect us for a very long time, and she can also use them to make the human kind worship her as a deity, hopefully me as well.

HobbyJim

Aug 4, 2009
BJ Blazkowitz. Because he has a chaingun, which is the cause AND solution to all of life's problems.

Dolos

Mar 10, 2011
ditto from pokemon. he would be the most useful, also a question does your comrade die? you only said that we will not.

Jedoro

Jun 28, 2009
After seeing the Bioshock Infinite trailers, I'd take Elizabeth. Quirky sense of humor, slightly vulnerable to give my protective nature a purpose, and can bring in stuff from alternate realities.

Can't wait for that game.

spartan231490

Jan 14, 2010
Da Orky Man said:
Consider this:
You get transported to about 3000BC. As far as ageing goes, you can't die and are hellishly difficult to kill with any normal means, though not impossible. You do not get hungry or thirsty, though you can still enjoy drinking and eating. You also have the means to protect yourself eg awesome ninja skills, and can speak in tongues.
As far as you know, you simply have to observe the human race as it grows from the very first cities in Mesopotamia up to however far into the future you can bear.
You can pick one character to be your companion on this epic journey.
Who do you pick?

I would probably pick Bastila from KotOR, simply because I think she's a brilliant character, has enough character flaws stay interesting, and is female.

Captcha - Always There - How does it do that?
Firstly, the oldest cities in Mesopotamia are a lot older than 3000BC. They were older than 10,000BC

As to your question, does it have to be a character, or can it be a person I know in real life. Cuz if it can, it's gonna be one of my friends. If it has to be a character, can it be a character from a book, cuz then I'm going with Elmindreda(Min) from Wheel of Time. If it has to be a character from a game, then I would probably go with Ayame, from Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven, or maybe Samus, or maybe the Master Chief.

RocktheworldXD

Jul 11, 2011
Well, Garrus has a very sexy voice and great personality, but hanging out with Gordon Freeman forever would probably be fun. I'd have to go with Mr. Vakarian, though.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Assuming the character I choose gets all the same perks I do, Terra Branford from Final Fantasy VI. I love sweet and shy girls, plus I think she'd be a great companion.
*Note: I'm a romantic so I have nothing vulgar in mind.

Either her or Chidori from Persona 3, same reason.

Polarity27

Jul 28, 2008
Long as she stays alive and doesn't think herself to death after seven years, Cortana. Neither of us ever shut up, and if our function is to observe, I can't think of anyone more interesting to do it with than someone for whom humanity is such a fascinating curiosity.

Newtonyd

Apr 30, 2011
I have a hard time coming up with anyone superior to Marle from Chrono Trigger. What can I say? Biatch knows how to travel through time.

pyrokin

May 13, 2011
A Servbot :3 having one running around would be pretty funny. I wouldn't make him a slave though, they're too cool for that :3

Instant K4rma

StormFella
Aug 29, 2008
As much as I am tempted to pick a female character like Tali or Leliana, I would have to go with HK-47. My own personal assassin droid with a somewhat cynical sense of humor? What's not to love?

Android2137

Feb 2, 2010
Fireshot25 said:
Companion Cube! <3
I KNEW someone would say that.

Well Garrus has been taken and I'll assume that we're abducting them from their previous lives and most biological lifeforms wouldn't take kindly to that. So probably Wheatley. He's adorable, personable, and he doesn't annoy me. Even GLaDOS started to wear on me during the latter stages of Co-Op.

Rhys95

May 16, 2011
ED-E. (After he gets upgraded by the followers) I'm used to traveling around wierd inhospitable deserts together. Now I only need to learn how to speak robot.