Choose one video game character as an almost-eternal companion.

skittlepie345

Aug 11, 2009
I can't decide between Junpei from Persona 3 or Zevran from Dragon Age: Origins... While I'm at it I should consider Alistair as well...

Bit of a conundrum really, I just like them all so much!

AgDr_ODST

Cortana's guardian
Oct 22, 2009
My first pick would be everyone's favorite archeologist Laura Croft...either incarnation[footnote]the mature, well endowed, experienced Laura we all know and love or the young, still visually stunning, but inexperienced reboot Laura[/footnote] of the character would okay with me!

phantasmalWordsmith

Oct 5, 2010
...Either The Medic from TF2, Bayonetta, Ratchet or Johnson from Shadows of Darkness. There are reasons:

Uber charge me and he seems like a nice enough guy

...Do I need to explain this one?

He's funny

I like skulls

jawakiller

Jan 14, 2011
Ickorus said:
jawakiller said:
Navi... Oh fuck no.

Anybody but that hell-sent ***** of misery, please Lord.
You already said it, no take-backs.

*Zaps you into the past*
Noooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am for ever doomed to hear that dreaded two word taunt...

... "Hey, Listen!"

MASTACHIEFPWN

Will fight you and lose
Mar 27, 2010
anANGRYkangaroo said:
Miranda Lawson
I know, everyone seems to hate her, but she is exactly the kind of person I look for. Not the genetically engineered to be perfect part, but the intelligence, slight sense of humor, and gradual romance are awesome
I hated her until I did her loyalty mission. Then I proceded to bang her in the engine room.

OT: I choose Commander shepard (The male one of corse, because the female voice actor makes me want to punch myself!)
But I want him in an equal balence of paragon and renagade- Just so I can have hilarious moments without feeling like a terrible person.

XIII's Number XIV

Not in here, you idiot!
Sep 14, 2009
Resisting...urge...to pick Zero...

If I had to choose, it would be a Venusaur. One that I caught and raised. I've always wanted one as a pet/friend, so we'd get along quite nicely.

Carbonyl

Jun 2, 2011
Mordin from Mass Effect 2. Both of us would constantly be excited and blathering about scientific and sociological discoveries. Squee for SCIENCE.

Harbinger_

Jan 8, 2009
This is a really difficult decision.

I was going for just a friend to have on the road? I'd say Auron from FFX

I was going for a love interest? I'd say a custom character I had made for Fallout: NV.
I would have said Morrigan but I want a girl that I can understand and one that isn't going to ***** and moan about being in a relationship with me.

Raggedstar

Jul 5, 2011
I want to say Daxter for being a surprisingly entertaining yet portable companion, but I have a feeling it'll bite me in the ass eventually. Either he'll piss off world leaders or he'll piss me off to the point where I would toss him into the ocean. I have a feeling he won't be paying much attention to the road either (if you know what I mean). I really want to say Daxter, but a few thousand years with him MIGHT be a bit much.

I guess I'll say Ammy from Okami too. I mean, a goddess wolfie with supernatural powers would be very useful. Sounds awesome. Shame she isn't very portable, but maybe she can carry me around.

Agro from SOTC sounds tempting too. Sure nothing is special about Agro. No supernatural powers (outside of being freaking indestructible) or any entertaining personality, but sometimes you just want a loyal steed as your company.

jimahaff

Apr 28, 2011
I would probably pick Cortana from the halo series, as an AI living in my head she wouldn't have a physical body; which could be problematic under certain circumstantial. It also eliminates any weird love/relationship thing, which after an eternity would get old. Also being an AI she would have abilities that would be very helpful if my objective is to observe and analyse the growth of the humane race. As for her living in my head; after spending an eternity with someone you are going to know everything about them, so that would just speed up the transition.

Biosophilogical

Jul 8, 2009
ZeroMachine said:
I'm deciding between an eternal love interest, or an eternal friend...

... I'll go with friend for this case, because I honestly can't think of any character I could fall in love with.
I'd probably go with this same thing, but pick Chris Redfield, because if I am going to have a companion for the rest of my very long life, I want him/her to be relatively mature (which rules out most DA2 options), good-natured (which rules out most JRPGs), battle-ready (which rules out a lot of NPCs), have an 'other people' oriented moral compass (which means the mature, battle ready, good-natured people are probably ruled out by now) and to be a soldier (for the 'get the job done', 'don't need golden palaces to survive' mentality). Not many characters seem to fit this bill, so while Chris isn't exactly the most exciting companion, he is very much an 'in for the long' type person.

Also, I would love to learn how to fight, so an elite soldier seems like a good teacher.

EDIT: A spiderman symbiote wouldn't be that bad either, as long as it didn't try and take over my mind. I mean, enhanced physical abilities, some measure of companionship, the tendril-web-things, and the fact that it can shapeshift into clothing (which also means I don't need to carry around a spare super-hero costume) means it is highly practical, would augment my already near-unkillable-ness, and allow me to swoop in all hero-like without giving away my identity.

Also, if this companion is meant to be for my entire life, ther isn't the risk that it wil run off for a better host.

Andrew_Waltfeld

Jan 7, 2011
Either horo or Cortana.

Leaning towards Cortana. Person in my head... I talk to myself, basic humans think I'm a god cause I'm crazy and I can't be killed? ok. Yeah completely fine with that.

There you have it, either Horo or Cortana.

Though really another option for a bro would be the doctor. What? You said I'm stuck in 5,000,000 BC? Yeah, doctor - let's take a trip.

Evelynia

Jul 18, 2011
Alistair, from Dragon Age: Origins. It doesn't get much more charming, dependable or adorable than him.
"Yes, swooping is.. bad."
<3

Voulan

Jul 18, 2011
I'd probably go with Sora from Kingdom Hearts. He's bound to make things interesting, drag me into strange adventures, and he'd remain a loyal friend.

As in, he wouldn't turn on me and try to gain my power for himself, at least.

SammiYin

Mar 15, 2010
Navi, I don't care what anyone says, I love that little ball of fluff and would take her everywhere with me.

Fenrisulfr

Mar 15, 2011
Wait! I've made up my mind(yet again)! Instead of Auron or any other Final Fantasy X characters, I choose you, Pikachu! I've always love Pikachu. :)